Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  00:04:29  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-Elaine, I have a simply question, that you should be able to answer. Vhoori Durothil, a very compex, scheming character. Would you consider (did you intend) him to be a 'good' character, or a 'bad' character. There's evidence for and against both, and seeing as his story in Evermeet was never concluded in detail...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  00:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Elaine, I have a simply question, that you should be able to answer. Vhoori Durothil, a very compex, scheming character. Would you consider (did you intend) him to be a 'good' character, or a 'bad' character. There's evidence for and against both, and seeing as his story in Evermeet was never concluded in detail...

Maybe he was neutral? Or maybe he was just what people call a complex character--more like a real, complicated person than good or evil incarnate.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  02:50:24  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Maybe he was neutral? Or maybe he was just what people call a complex character--more like a real, complicated person than good or evil incarnate.

That's a pretty accurate summation. Vhoori was ambitious, certainly, and definitely scheming, but it's difficult for me to think of him in D&D alignment terms. For that matter, it's pretty tough to assign a definitive alignment to a lot of my characters.

Maybe that's evidence of my own chaotic nature. If I had a shrink, preferably one with geek cred, I'd take that up with her. :)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  06:22:17  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-As always, thank you for that. And, I assume there's no real chance (though, as we all know, anything is possible) we'll see/hear from him again...?

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 23 Feb 2008 06:23:17
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  14:55:18  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:

-As always, thank you for that. And, I assume there's no real chance (though, as we all know, anything is possible) we'll see/hear from him again...?

I don't think it's likely. Vhoori Durothil lived and died many years ago. Unless WotC starts a line of "historical novels" that would delve back into past events, his story has been told.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  16:32:18  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

I don't think it's likely. Vhoori Durothil lived and died many years ago. Unless WotC starts a line of "historical novels" that would delve back into past events, his story has been told.

The idea is very intriguing, if you ask me! For there are many stories of past persons events and places that are very much worth telling. IIRC Ed has mentioned that he would gladly take up such an opportunity as well to portrait some of his favorite characters. There seems to be enough potential for such a series and all those scribes here at Candlekeep would relish reading such stories, I am sure.

Unfortunatelly though, this seems very unlikely to happen as WoTC has a tendency towards pushing the timeline, setting and events forward instead of meddling (right expression here?) with the past.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 23 Feb 2008 16:32:57
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2008 :  07:30:08  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunninghamI don't think it's likely. Vhoori Durothil lived and died many years ago. Unless WotC starts a line of "historical novels" that would delve back into past events, his story has been told.

-Shucks...Well, I expected as much.

-In continuing with my Evermeet-themed queries (and, by all means, if I get annoying, tell me to shut up!), I just have a little question about Amlauril and Zaor's children, that you should be able to answer.

-In Evermeet, fates are all mentioned for all of the royal children except for Tira’allara, Hhora, Zandro, and Finufaranell. Since nothing is mentioned of them, should we assume that they are still going about their lives? At the same time, I always assumed that it was implied that Lamruil was the last surviving child of the two. Anything you can add/further illuminate/clear up would be extremely helpful on the matter!

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 25 Feb 2008 07:30:56
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2008 :  11:21:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

-In Evermeet, fates are all mentioned for all of the royal children except for Tira’allara, Hhora, Zandro, and Finufaranell. Since nothing is mentioned of them, should we assume that they are still going about their lives? At the same time, I always assumed that it was implied that Lamruil was the last surviving child of the two. Anything you can add/further illuminate/clear up would be extremely helpful on the matter!

I have a couple of relevant quotes by Elaine for you:

quote:
Yes, several of the royal Moonflower children are dead or MIA. But if you keep in mind that the book is told from a human's point of view, with all the limitations that suggests, the phrase "nothing is known" takes on a different meaning. The ELVES know the fate of most members of their royal family, and in every case Amlaruil knows what befell her children. She would not rest until she had this knowledge, and she has the resources needed to find it. Some of the "missing" princes and princesses are dead, others quietly removed from succession because for one reason or another they are unsuited to rule, and others simply choose to live their lives away from the royal court and the public eye. The elven queen keeps her secrets, and those of her family.

quote:
One of Evermeet's mysteries and tragedies concerns the Lost Children. Many of the offspring of Zaor and Amnestria have died, but the fate of several of the princes and princesses has not yet be determined.
The royal issue, and their current state, follows in order of birth.

Ilyrana, the first born, a priestess. Her body currently lies in deep stasis in Moonflower Castle, and her spirit abides in Arvandor. During battle she acted in some mysterious, hard-to-define way as an avatar focus for the goddesses she served, and the result was a titanic battle maid comprising her spirt as well as power borrowed from the elven gods. It is unlikely, but not absolutely impossible, that she will return to Evermeet. Even before her sacrifice, she was not at all eager to take the throne.

Xharlion and Zhoron, twin sons. They are mirror images of each other and their father, the king. The rowdy, robust elven lads seemed destined for the warrior's life. The queen sent them to the Moonshaes for fosterage among the elves of Sonoria. One of them - it is not certain which one - was slain when the Ityak-Ortheel attacked the Moonshaes. It is not known if the other survived, or if so, what became of him.

Chozzaster, the next-born son, became a High Mage. He passed on to Arvandor at a young age, not because of illness or accident, but simply because the call of the ultimate elven homeland was too strong for him to resist.

Shandalar became a bladesinger, trained in the art by bladesinger Shanyrria Alenuath. She was accidentally killed by a fellow student, a spell-singer, during a training drill. It is not certain whether Shanyrria, her mentor, survived. If so, the bladesinger will be eager to avenge the death of this princess, her student and namesake.

Tira-allara and Hhora were female twins, both devoted to the service of Hanali Celanil. Both were excessively devoted to the cult of love, and each in her own way met the fate of those who love not well, but immoderately and unwisely. Tira-alara became involved with a rogue who used her wealth and position, then broke her heart. Elves are capable of wishing themselves dead, but few take this grim option. The princess was an exception, and she literally died of grief. Hhora left Evermeet determined to wed a commoner she met and loved during a seasonal festival. Perhaps she found her love, perhaps not. She disappeared into the High Forest, and no one has been able to learn what became of her.

Another set of female twins, Lazziar and Genstarzah, both trained as warriors and served as diplomats to mainland elves. They were lost at sea, and their fate has never been established.

Amnestria was a battle mage, and King Zaor's favorite child. She was betrothed to Elaith Craulnober, a distant kinsman who served as captain of the King's Guard. When Elaith broke with her over a personal disgrace, she followed him to the mainland - and fell in love with his human friend, Bran Skorlsun. In secret she gave birth to Elaith's son, and hid the child in secret fosterage. She later bore a girlchild to Bran, but she was slain before she could train her daughter in the secrets of the moonblade she would inherit. This half-elven child, Arilyn, was able to claim the sword - the first person of mixed blood ever to do so.

Lamruil, the youngest son, has been an adventurer for years. He was not widely liked by the nobles of Evermeet, considered too young and frivolous to rule, but he held the throne briefly following the sacrifice of Amlaruil. He happily abdicated the throne back to his mother, and undertook the task of planting the Tree of Souls on the mainland. He has chosen a hidden valley far to the north, a place surrounded by incredibly inhospitable terrain. He will be kept very busy recruiting a following, subduing the land, and establishing the colony. His consort, a mostly-human woman named Maura, will probably prove to be equal parts help and hindrance. It is unlikely that their children will succeed him as ruler. Maura is a teenager, but she is also impulsive, a warrior, and a human. None of those things lend to an impressive life expectancy. It is likely that the elves tolerate her, believing that they can put up with her for a human's relatively short span. Lamruil will undoubtedly be urged to take an elven consort and produce suitable heirs - either before or after Maura's death.

Or perhaps another form of government, one not based on monarchy or hereditary nobility, will evolve. One thing is certain: Lamruil will return to Evermeet to rule only if he feels the island has no other acceptible options. He would gladly throw his support behind a likely candidate for the throne. Like most of Toril's elves, however, he hopes that the end of Queen Amlaruil's reign will be very long in coming.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  06:01:27  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertI have a couple of relevant quotes by Elaine for you:

-That wraps up everything except for Zandro and Finufaranell.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2008 :  18:44:14  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Hello Elaine!

I am sorry to bother you and this thread with a rather trivial question.

As I am always interested in new (or let's say unread) Realms novels my interest has finally been tweaked to look for the original (english) Councilor & Kings trilogy on ebay and amazon. (Well, the translation would not do as I don't like reading translations and for other reasons the two of us have touched upon briefly already).

Now to the point of my post:
How come that the books of the original (english) Councilor & Kings trilogy are so darn expensive in Germany? Other books of yours that have been published much much ealier are readily availabe and to a very moderate price. But this trilogy makes an exception.

Why is that so? Has it been released in a very limited number or is that due to the existing german translation maybe?

Thanks for your time, Ergdusch

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2008 :  22:51:39  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Hello Elaine!

I am sorry to bother you and this thread with a rather trivial question.

As I am always interested in new (or let's say unread) Realms novels my interest has finally been tweaked to look for the original (english) Councilor & Kings trilogy on ebay and amazon. (Well, the translation would not do as I don't like reading translations and for other reasons the two of us have touched upon briefly already).

Now to the point of my post:
How come that the books of the original (english) Councilor & Kings trilogy are so darn expensive in Germany? Other books of yours that have been published much much ealier are readily availabe and to a very moderate price. But this trilogy makes an exception.

Why is that so? Has it been released in a very limited number or is that due to the existing german translation maybe?

Thanks for your time, Ergdusch

Hi, Ergdusch.

Your question doesn't strike me as trivial.

Unlike some of my earlier Forgotten Realms books, the Counselors & Kings trilogy is officially out of print. There aren't many copies floating around, so people who have them are charging more than cover price. It's not just Germany. Copies are difficult to find here in the US.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  23:27:53  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hi, folks.

Just a quick heads-up about Book Cellar, a new page on my author website, www.elainecunningham.com. I recently dragged out all my boxes of author copies and have been busily finding homes for extra books. There's an inventory on Book Cellar. If you're interested in a signed copy for yourself or as a gift, or if you're looking for a copy of an out-of-print anthology, drop by to see what's available.

Best,
ec
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2008 :  00:16:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Hmmm... You know, I would like to replace my copy of Elfsong. I might look into this.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2008 :  11:05:07  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
quote:

Hi, folks.

Just a quick heads-up about Book Cellar, a new page on my author website, www.elainecunningham.com. I recently dragged out all my boxes of author copies and have been busily finding homes for extra books. There's an inventory on Book Cellar. If you're interested in a signed copy for yourself or as a gift, or if you're looking for a copy of an out-of-print anthology, drop by to see what's available.

Best,
ec

This could come in handy some time, but for europeans as well, with shipping price and all?! I'll check it out most definitly. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Elaine.

BTW, just started with 'Elfsong' today!

Edited by - Ergdusch on 04 Mar 2008 11:07:26
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2008 :  18:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
Hi Elaine,

Could you put aside a copy of Realms of the Arcane and Realms of Infamy for me? I'll drop you an email later regarding this, I don't have too much time right at the moment.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2008 :  01:59:38  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Hi, folks.

Best,
ec

This could come in handy some time, but for europeans as well, with shipping price and all?! I'll check it out most definitly. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Elaine.

BTW, just started with 'Elfsong' today!

Hope you enjoy ELFSONG. :)

I'm covering the shipping costs to addresses in the continental US and to US military bases worldwide. For Canadian and overseas addresses, I'm asking for exact postage. This necessitates a multi-step process, since I need to pack up the books, take them to the post office so that they can be weighed and postage determined to the exact address, then email the recipient with the price, then sign the books and seal the package, then return to the post office to mail them.

To give you an idea, for one paperback the postage to the UK was about $6 and to New Zealand it was about $7.50; postage to Germany for a half dozen paperbacks came to a little over 20; and a hardcover and a paperback to Denmark was also a little over 20.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  18:20:23  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Greetings Elaine,

I don't know if I have ever asked you to think about this, but have you ever thought about what kind of rooms, furnishing, attractions, artwork, etc would be present in elven houses?
I have ideas in my head, but I don't like many of them. They just don't feel right. Any help along these lines would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2008 :  18:50:40  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Hi Elaine!

My inquiry about the unusual high prices for the books of the C&K trilogy still vivid in your mind? (see above )

Lucky me got the knocking down at ebay today for all three of them in great condition - 11€ plus shipping. Just had to share my joy about this with you!

I am looking forward on reading them - after finishing Arylins story, that is...

Ergdusch

Edited by - Ergdusch on 09 Mar 2008 18:52:47
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  14:05:09  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Hello Elaine!

I finished Elfshadow today! I have tell you thank oyu for so uch enjoyment. Especially the character of Danilo had so much of my humor. I had to laugh out lout several times. And you can imagine how wierd this might seem to others when reading a book... Great work! Thank you again!

Anyhow, I do have a question: p. 277 mentions two Harper agents active in Cormyr - Nadasha and Lycon of Sune. Would you happen to have any other additional info on those two to flash them out?

Thanks in advance.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  14:12:45  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Greetings Elaine,

I don't know if I have ever asked you to think about this, but have you ever thought about what kind of rooms, furnishing, attractions, artwork, etc would be present in elven houses?
I have ideas in my head, but I don't like many of them. They just don't feel right. Any help along these lines would be appreciated.

In all candor, it has been a long time since I envision elven houses, so I'm afraid I don't have anything particularly interesting and insightful to pass along.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  14:17:04  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:

Hello Elaine!

I finished Elfshadow today! I have tell you thank oyu for so uch enjoyment. Especially the character of Danilo had so much of my humor. I had to laugh out lout several times. And you can imagine how wierd this might seem to others when reading a book... Great work! Thank you again!

Anyhow, I do have a question: p. 277 mentions two Harper agents active in Cormyr - Nadasha and Lycon of Sune. Would you happen to have any other additional info on those two to flash them out?

Thanks in advance.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the novel. :)

I don't believe there is any published lore on Nadasha and Lycon. If memory serves--and it HAS been nearly 18 years since I wrote Elfshadow--these characters were created for the novel, but I did not create a detailed backstory for them. So if you're interested in incorporating them into a campaign, by all means feel free to grab them and run off with them in any direction you please.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2008 :  21:12:28  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Thanks away for the reply. If you think of anything, please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2008 :  23:14:12  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
quote:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the novel. :)

I don't believe there is any published lore on Nadasha and Lycon. If memory serves--and it HAS been nearly 18 years since I wrote Elfshadow--these characters were created for the novel, but I did not create a detailed backstory for them. So if you're interested in incorporating them into a campaign, by all means feel free to grab them and run off with them in any direction you please.

Thanks for trying to remember (18 years IS a longtime indeed) and letting me know, Elaine! Much appreciated...

BTW, I started with Magehound today and hope to finish the entire series over the Easter holidays. I am really looking forward to read more about Halruaa. Only other novel I have read about that part of Faerun was 'Murder in Halruaa'. That has been quite some time ago, not 18 years exactly but... it probably would not even be anywhere close to that number! Ha!

Anyway, I am looking forward what this trilogy has to offer, new lore and otherwise.

Ergdusch

Edited by - Ergdusch on 19 Mar 2008 23:23:03
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2008 :  14:49:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
Elaine,

I was just on Amazon adding new books to my wish list and noticed that they show Reclamation as "No Longer Available". That would be devastating to put it mildly.

Can you shed any light on this for us?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  08:35:38  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Elaine,

I was just on Amazon adding new books to my wish list and noticed that they show Reclamation as "No Longer Available". That would be devastating to put it mildly.

Can you shed any light on this for us?

-I'm sure that the release date was just pushed around, and nothing else. Every other Forgotten Realms novel was pushed back a few months, to be released after the 4e sourcebooks come out, as to allow people to "digest the changes", in the words of Paul Kemp. So, have no fear. We're probably just going to have to wait a little longer.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  15:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
I thought it was already pushed back, though.

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  10:10:41  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
has anyone asked what the fate of lireal beanre will be??

will she die a brutal death, or go insane with the death of mystra??? will she end up a cleric of selune?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2008 :  13:00:33  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

has anyone asked what the fate of lireal beanre will be??

will she die a brutal death, or go insane with the death of mystra??? will she end up a cleric of selune?

Liriel's story has been told. To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to continue her tale to include the events of the Spellplague and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2008 :  18:38:20  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
Elaine,

In our home campaign, the group of adventurers have recovered several wooden carvings of Elven Heroes & Heroines along with illuminated parchments detailing who the figures are and what they are famous for. All have been magically preserved and date as far back as the crown wars.

How would Elaith react if you got wind that one of these figurines was a forbearer of the Craulnobur family? Would he make the adventurers an offer, would he strong-arm it away from them with blackmail, magic, or thugs?

While I've not read everything that you've written in witch The Serpent appears, I have read enough to get a feel for him, but would really like your input. My gut feelings is that Elaith would feel it belonged to him anyway, send an agent to retrieve the figure & parchment who would offer a tiny portion of its real value, and then feel justified in taking it with any means necessary, since it is after all, his.

I also wanted to tell you I VERY much enjoyed your New Olamn Bard College article in Dragon #335, Sept '05. You have a gift for bringing characters to life in very few lines. I liked that Taeros got a write up in the artilce as well.

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 07 Apr 2008 21:03:26
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  10:42:21  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Hi Elaine!

Just wanted to tell you that I enjoy reading the C&K trilogy very much. I am in the third book by now and wonder about the following things:

1. Did you think of the Laraken yourself or was that something you HAD to include in the novels?

2. How would you pronounce 'Procopio Septus'. Is the c pronounced as [k] or rather a [s]? Just wondering...

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ergdusch

EDIT NOTE:
Your homepage is down atm. Therefore I post this here: How long would it take you to send a book from your book cellar to an adress in NY? A friend of mine is there until April 18th and could take it home with him.... Would save some shipping costs...

Edited by - Ergdusch on 10 Apr 2008 10:44:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000