Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  15:52:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Interesting.

Would it be possible for you to share with us a brief listing of some of Danilo's "bawdy/silly/serious" works that perhaps haven't been mentioned in any of your novels?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  16:38:06  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Would it be possible for you to share with us a brief listing of some of Danilo's "bawdy/silly/serious" works that perhaps haven't been mentioned in any of your novels?

Off the top of my head? Here's the stuff that's mentioned in the novels.

Bawdy/silly:

Elminster's Jest
Eulogy for a Paladin
Sune and the Satyr
Elfsong (the ballad sung in the last chapter of novel by that name)

Serious:

The Ghostmist Maiden

Then there's the conversationally-inclined singing sword in Windwalker, which is a product of Dan's spellcasting.

Songs that haven't been listed in the novels... Hmmm. It has been nearly fifteen years since I wrote Elfsong, which was when I was most active with Realms-related songs. I played around with a lot of ideas, but nothing that became finished songs.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  16:36:20  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hi, folks.

I'm going to be mostly offline while I finish up some projects and rethink my online activities. I can still be reached by email, but I've put my LJ blog on hold, bowed out of the shared-authors-writing-as-their-paranormal-character blog "Magical Minxes," and I'd like to request that the mod or admin lock this thread.

Wishing you sweet water and light laughter,
ec
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  17:13:55  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
Best of luck with your literary endeavors, Mrs. Cunningham. I am sure that I speak for everyone here at Candlekeep when I say that we look forward to your return to these halls.

Respectfully,
Penknight

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  18:02:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Hi, folks.

I'm going to be mostly offline while I finish up some projects and rethink my online activities. I can still be reached by email, but I've put my LJ blog on hold, bowed out of the shared-authors-writing-as-their-paranormal-character blog "Magical Minxes," and I'd like to request that the mod or admin lock this thread.

Wishing you sweet water and light laughter,
ec

Locked. We hope to see you come back soon!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  15:04:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Per a request from Elaine, this thread is now once more open! I'm sure I'm not the only one happy to see this.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  15:16:51  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hello again!

First off, I should probably admit that I'm opening this thread with some misgivings. One of the reasons I had it closed six months ago was my reluctance to say over and over, “Sorry, but I can’t answer that.” So before going any further, it might be a good idea to set some parameters as to what I can and can't address.

• I cannot and will not answer questions about stories than have not yet been published. NDA restrictions apply.

• Ed Greenwood can add new lore and fill in blanks, but I am not able to speculate on matters not yet covered by published material. For one thing, I tend toward a conservative interpretation of the NDA clauses on my contracts; for another, I am not as fast or prolific a writer as Ed. There is no possible way I could answer such questions as, “How has the faith of Eilistraee changed over the past 4000 years, where have the main enclaves of Eilistraee followers been located, and how did the locals respond to these enclaves?” That’s a book, not a message board post.

• I will not comment on 4e, mostly because what isn’t covered by NDA is shrouded by my own ignorance. I’m a freelance writer, not a WotC insider, and I'm definitely on the outside of this issue. Which is fine. Since the events of RECLAMATION took place before the timeframe leading up to 4e, I haven’t needed to know much about it.

Finally, just because this is a Q&A thread, it doesn’t follow that all posts have to be questions. I'm open to a discussion of related ideas and themes, as long as it's relevant to the Realms.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 04 Jan 2008 15:27:51
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  15:37:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Elaine Cunningham - A warm and friendly welcome back!

I have not read a single novel of yours yet, therefore discussing them won't be my part. I will return once I have done so. After all, I have two books of yours on my shelf, ready and waiting to be read. However, I am glad you returned anyhow and greet you with kind words.

May the Lady of the Forest guide your steps around these halls as she has done before, I am sure of that. And may the great Lord of Knowledge an d Binder of what is known grant you his blessing as long as you stroll through the Keep and beyond.

And while I am at it: Congratulations to your 1000+ posts! Reflects your dedication to this community as does your return.

'Sweet water and light laughter til we meet again.' (sounds familiar, aye...?)

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 04 Jan 2008 15:43:40
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  15:59:45  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Thanks for your kind words, Ergdusch.

I rather hope that the books on your shelf are NOT the German translations of the Counselors & Kings books, for I hear that these are not particularly stellar. On the other hand, they might be just fine. I have no basis on which to evaluate, since I don't read German well enough to judge their merits for myself. Sad, but true.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  17:13:19  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
quote:

I rather hope that the books on your shelf are NOT the German translations of the Counselors & Kings books, for I hear that these are not particularly stellar. On the other hand, they might be just fine. I have no basis on which to evaluate, since I don't read German well enough to judge their merits for myself. Sad, but true.

Oh, my dear! No no - never would I even bother looking for translations of your books. I have Elfsong and Elfshadow in line of reading. But you are right, I have been warned by others of the Councelors & kings translations too. However, this might hold true for other FR novels as well, e.g. the Avatar trilogy. The german translations of most FR books seems to be are done rather poorly. A fact I truely hold against the publisher 'Feder & Schwert'. But than again I have not read that many and this might not hold true for all....

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  19:04:18  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message
Welcome back, Elaine!

I understand you cannot discuss stories not yet published, but I would like to ask one about the writing process.

I am sure we are all very excited by the upcoming release of Reclamation and won't pester you for spoilers.

What I would like to know is, did you have this novel more-or-less written beforehand, or did you write it once you got the contract?

Given the span of time since your previous Song & Shadow novels, have you found your attitude toward the characters has changed?

How did it feel to come back to this storyline? Do you feel you had a good chance to wrap it up, or given your druthers, is there more to tell?

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2008 :  00:13:17  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hi, Vangelor.

quote:
Originally posted by Vangelor
What I would like to know is, did you have this novel more-or-less written beforehand, or did you write it once you got the contract?

Well, yes and no. I started writing this book as soon as I turned in the final revision of THE DREAM SPHERES. Then time passed. And more time. I pitched the sequel several times, but no nibbles. After several years of this, I came to the conclusion that this was not to be and I deleted the file. And then more time passed, enough of it that I forget that I deleted the file. Then I got the contract to write this book, and started from scratch. Then I started from scratch at least twice more. This has been a long, bumpy road.

quote:
Given the span of time since your previous Song & Shadow novels, have you found your attitude toward the characters has changed?

John Truby, a well known writing instructor and screen writers, advises writers to go with their best characters. Over time, I've realized that Elaith Craulnober is probably the most compelling character in the Songs & Swords series. And I've come to the conclusion that Danilo, who has long been my favorite character, is at his best when playing a supporting role.

quote:
How did it feel to come back to this storyline? Do you feel you had a good chance to wrap it up, or given your druthers, is there more to tell?

The story I started writing is NOT a story that wraps things up. I rewrote this story several times before I felt it dealt with moonblade continuity AND wrapped up the story in a manner I considered satisfying.

Thanks for asking.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  13:20:39  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Today is the street date for REALMS OF WAR, the latest Forgotten Realms anthology. You should be able to find it in your local bookstore; if you cannot, rather than ordering online, please consider asking your bookseller to stock it.

Booksellers are happy to order a book for you, and often a show of interest will prompt them to order additional copies for the store. I was reminded of this the other day when I asked the bookseller in the local indy to order a copy of Carrie Vaughn's latest Kitty Norville book for me. He looked up the book and discovered that it was available in the warehouse and shipping a lot of copies. He decided to order for the store, as well.

There's no guarantee that a book that gets to a bookstore will find its way into a reader's hands, but the likelihood is far greater than if the book stays in the warehouse.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  13:41:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
You deleted the file? Oh, my... Though I've been making a serious effort to get away from my former packrat mentality (it's amazing how a fire can help with that! ), I've not gotten so far as to extend that trend to data. Thank Lurue for high capacity hard drives -- I've got one partition dedicated to just holding stuff I'm not quite ready to delete (admittedly, if I ever took the time to go thru it, I'm sure I could shave off several gigs of space).

Ever since I got into writing, I've not destroyed anything that I hadn't made a copy of. The fire did claim some of the stuff I'd not transferred to computer, and that really draws vacuum, but that was a bit beyond my control. I've kept everything else because you never know when some part of a paragraph or some idea may suddenly spawn something quite new and interesting.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  13:52:46  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
That's a good practice, Wooly. I'm not always as good at backing up and storing material as I should be. At one point, I had a tremendous amount of material on the history of the elves in the Realms, the result of research done for Evermeet. I'd gathered every scrap of info I could find, from books and game supplements and comic books and the volumous email correspondence between me and several Sages of the Realms. All of that disappeared. Alas.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  14:43:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I'd been meaning to get into some sort of archiving system, but it was only with the fire (and the loss of a computer, in said fire) that I got serious about it. I bought an external hard drive that I keep at work*. Periodically, I take it home, sync up all the files, and then take it back to work.

There's a lot of archiving methods out there. Mine is just simple and cheap.

*This is in addition to the external hard drive that resides at work -- it holds copies of most of my MP3s, various files (including a lot of D&D stuff!), and, after a recent server crash, backups of my user drive and my installs folder from the network.

Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  01:29:25  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message
quote:

Today is the street date for REALMS OF WAR, the latest Forgotten Realms anthology. You should be able to find it in your local bookstore; if you cannot, rather than ordering online, please consider asking your bookseller to stock it.

There's no guarantee that a book that gets to a bookstore will find its way into a reader's hands, but the likelihood is far greater than if the book stays in the warehouse.

Indeed! Although my local bookstore does seem to stock FR titles from a variety of authors. I have only just now picked up Realms of the Elves, however, so I have plenty of catching up to do. But I will look for this, and order it from them if need be.

quote:
...I got the contract to write this book, and started from scratch. Then I started from scratch at least twice more. This has been a long, bumpy road.

Oh, yes, it sounds like it.

quote:
Over time, I've realized that Elaith Craulnober is probably the most compelling character in the Songs & Swords series. And I've come to the conclusion that Danilo, who has long been my favorite character, is at his best when playing a supporting role.

Yes, Elaith is very interesting. And unpredictable, which I am sure has been a part of his business success. I still am enamored of the idea of an Elaith caper novel. And I was about to say, if I were Kymil Nimersin, I would be very afraid, until I realized that if I were Kymeril, I would be unable to admit to myself that Elaith could be a threat. But Kymil should be afraid. ;)

Elfsong worked for me because it paired Danilo with Elaith, while Silver Shadows worked regardless of Danilo's absence for most of it, so I think I have to agree that he is better as a foil to other characters than as a standalone, though I think he'd be a good friend to have IRL, whereas Elaith would be a frightening friend, and Arilyn perhaps a frustrating one.

quote:
Thanks for asking.

Thank you for answering. And moreover, thank you for writing, even through the bumpy bits, and taking the trouble to get it right. More questions as they occur to me. I have just succeeded in getting my sister to start with Elfsong, so discussing the books with her may bring up things I hadn't considered before. And yes, she makes bookstores order things for her, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  02:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message
quote:

I rather hope that the books on your shelf are NOT the German translations of the Counselors & Kings books, for I hear that these are not particularly stellar.

Hello Elaine Cunningham and a happy new year,

Unfortunately I have to tell you, that the german translations of the Counselors & Kings books are really awful. Never seen more spelling mistakes in published books so far.

I think this was the fault of the company 'Feder & Schwert', because the few other FR novels that I also read in german(eg. Drizzt, Elminster) are quite good.

I wouldn't have bought the translations, but they were a gift so I read them nonetheless.
I truly enjoyed your other FR novels (in english)I've read so far. Especially Evermeet!

Praise Deneir and Gond that fewer and fewer novels get translated to german these days. Although many people I know would love to read more stories of the realms but lack the knowledge of the english language.

Hope to read more of Elaith and Arilyn soon.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  03:50:32  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dalmar Amad

Unfortunately I have to tell you, that the german translations of the Counselors & Kings books are really awful. Never seen more spelling mistakes in published books so far.

I think this was the fault of the company 'Feder & Schwert', because the few other FR novels that I also read in german(eg. Drizzt, Elminster) are quite good.

Interesting. I've often wondered why the Counselors & Kings books were the only ones translated into German. This would go a long way toward explaining it.

When I was in Germany a few years back (to attend Fantasy Spielfest in Braunsfel), the young woman who acted as my translater (and babysitter) had applied to Feder & Schwert to translate the trilogy. She was a PhD candidate in linguistics, and spoke English so idiomatically that I thought she was a British student studying in Germany. Lovely gal, lots of fun. Furthermore, she was a gamer who knew and loved the Realms. Translating a book well requires not only linguistic skills, but writing ability, and if memory serves, she also wrote fiction of her own. Too bad she didn't get the job--I would have liked very much to see what she could have done with the books.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 09 Jan 2008 14:00:11
Go to Top of Page

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  10:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message
It really needs someone who knows and loves the realms to translate a FR novel. IIRC whoever translated the War of the Spiderqueen series made a man(!) out of Menzoberra the kinless.
And I only read the first few chapters of the translation to get a feeling of how good it was done.

Edited by - Dalmar Amad on 09 Jan 2008 11:12:34
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  14:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalmar Amad

It really needs someone who knows and loves the realms to translate a FR novel. IIRC whoever translated the War of the Spiderqueen series made a man(!) out of Menzoberra the kinless.
And I only read the first few chapters of the translation to get a feeling of how good it was done.

Well, there were quite a number of mistakes made during various translations, be them lorebooks or novels. It's not that we did not have older (and more often than not quite precise) material, such as the German version of the Menzoberranzan boxed-set or people (like me ) who know quite a bit about the darkskins. But anyone who ever tried to get a foothold in the publisher's translation department will know that they are quite a reclusive and introverted lot, hardly ever going to accept newcomers or even free help. At least over here. No insult intended of course, just telling of my experiences.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2008 :  11:45:37  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-Ah, Elaine! You're back! I have a reason to come back to Candlekeep now.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2008 :  12:03:31  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Ah, Elaine! You're back! I have a reason to come back to Candlekeep now.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2008 :  17:26:51  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hi, folks.

I believe that private emails should not be publically posted, but recently I've fielded a few questions on an issue that pertains to the discussion here on Candlekeep, so I'm posting a paraphrase of the question, followed by my response.

QUESTION:

Have you stopped writing in the Realms because of
the recent "Realms-shaking Events?"

RESPONSE:

Thanks for your note. For the record, I'm still writing stories set in the Forgotten Realms. There's a short story in REALMS OF WAR, the anthology that just came out last week. I'm finishing up RECLAMATION, the sixth and final book in the Songs & Swords series. This is scheduled for publication in November 2008. I'm also working with Dale Donovan on the script for a graphic novel adaptation of one of my Forgotten Realms stories.

I can see why people assume I’m leaving the Realms. I haven’t been around much--my last book came out in 2005--and I haven’t been talking about 4E. In all candor, I don’t KNOW much about 4E, mostly because I’m a freelance writer and not part of the design process, and also because I’ve been mostly keeping my head down and working on writing one thing or another.

I've been writing in the Realms for over seventeen years and through three (soon to be four) versions of the D&D rules. I've seen more than one Realms-shaking event. These are not deal-breakers for me. While it's true that I've been spending more time on other projects and less in the Realms, it's mostly because there are a lot of stories I'd like to tell, and not all of them fit into the Realms. For that matter, not all of these stories fit into the fantasy genre.

After I finish RECLAMATION, I’ll be concentrating on finishing up a historical novel I’ve been working on for several years. I’ve got a couple of urban fantasy projects going on, as well as a fantasy novel in a newly created world, and I’m starting the world-building process on a new project that will be written with a co-writer—a thriller somewhat similar to Michael Creighton in tone and topic.

If I’m asked to contribute a short story to the next Realms anthology, I’ll happily do so. And it’s possible that once 4E comes out and I get a better idea of what’s happening in the Realms, I may be struck by a story idea so compelling that I just HAVE to run a proposal past the WotC editors. Maybe they’ll be interested, maybe they won’t. Time will tell.

This might not be as definitive an answer as you were seeking, but it’s the best one I have at present.

Thanks again for taking time to write.

Best regards,
Elaine Cunningham

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  16:18:47  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
No question - just a "welcome back Elaine, you've been missed." .

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Pierre-Luc
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:04:48  Show Profile Send Pierre-Luc a Private Message
Dear Mrs. Cunningham, I've read Evermeet: Island of the Elves, and enjoyed it a lot. Currently, I'm preparing an epic D&D game with Kiaransalee as the main villain. I'd like to know what kind of undead creatures are the undead warriors that Kethryllia Amarillis faces in the Abyss ? And does this event take place during Kiaransalee's reign on the 133th layer, Thanatos ? Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  22:03:57  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Pierre-Luc

Dear Mrs. Cunningham, I've read Evermeet: Island of the Elves, and enjoyed it a lot. Currently, I'm preparing an epic D&D game with Kiaransalee as the main villain. I'd like to know what kind of undead creatures are the undead warriors that Kethryllia Amarillis faces in the Abyss ? And does this event take place during Kiaransalee's reign on the 133th layer, Thanatos ? Thank you very much.

Hi, Pierre-Luc. Welcom to Candlekeep.

If memory serves, the undead creatures Kethryllia fought are not found in any of the monster manuals or other game materials. From time to time, I prefer to bring home-grown creatures into the story. The advantage? Without gaming stats playing through the back of the reader's mind, the passage is less likely to read like a Random Encounter. Of course, this is also the disadvantage. Feel free to assign any name, history, stats, and abilities to these monsters that would best suit your campaign.

I'm not sure how Kiaransalee's reign corresponds to the Role of Years, but it seems logical to assume that this event occurred on Thanatos.
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  03:53:26  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message
Hi Elaine, I wanted to ask this here as to not clutter up the Anthologies' topic. But in that you mentioned that Arilyn was to be featured in a graphic novel from Wizards. I was just inquiring on your level of involvement in this project? If you have time.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  09:00:14  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message
I was just about to ask that myself Mazrim. While we're asking about it, do you know which month we hope to see Arilyn's story because the PREVIEW write ups for issue 1 and 2 focus on Drizzt and Raistlin.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  13:51:00  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Hi, Mazrim and SirUrza.

Jim Lowder has asked that we not reveal specific information until a bit nearer the release date. As soon as I receive the go-ahead, I'll post more info.

Mazrim, I'm very pleased to be working on the script with Dale Donovan, a very talented writer and game designer. I am new to the world of graphic novels and lack the time to get up to speed, so working with a collaborator is really the only way to go. Dale wrote the outline, but once we start writing for the individual frames, I'll be more involved in the process.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000