Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  12:01:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
I should have the years ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  16:34:41  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message
NDA's are a real pain. Ed could give us so much more lore (much of it already written no doubt) but for these damned roadblocks. About time the powers that be released their counterproductive lockdown!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  17:41:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

NDA's are a real pain. Ed could give us so much more lore (much of it already written no doubt) but for these damned roadblocks. About time the powers that be released their counterproductive lockdown!

The thing is, leaving an NDA in place is absolutely free and costs Wizards nothing in regards to time or money. Lifting one, on the other hand, requires examining why the NDA was in place, making sure it doesn't affect any future or potential future plans, having their legal people make sure everything is kosher, and then contacting everyone involved.

So even something as minor as lifting an NDA on who killed the Cormyrean nobleman Lord Arjent Nounsilver in 1357 can still involve hours of work involving multiple people - both on the creative side and on the non-creative side.

That's a lot of billable labor for an end goal that gets Wizards nothing but the goodwill of some curious fans.

I'm no fan of NDAs, and there are a lot of them I'd like to see lifted... Especially the one that Ed told me he thought would be lifted in May of 2013, concerning a particular character I'd emailed him about! But I can understand why WotC leaves them in place once they are set, and I can't really fault them for it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  21:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The thing is, leaving an NDA in place is absolutely free and costs Wizards nothing in regards to time or money. Lifting one, on the other hand, requires examining why the NDA was in place, making sure it doesn't affect any future or potential future plans, having their legal people make sure everything is kosher, and then contacting everyone involved.

So even something as minor as lifting an NDA on who killed the Cormyrean nobleman Lord Arjent Nounsilver in 1357 can still involve hours of work involving multiple people - both on the creative side and on the non-creative side.

That's a lot of billable labor for an end goal that gets Wizards nothing but the goodwill of some curious fans.

I'm no fan of NDAs, and there are a lot of them I'd like to see lifted... Especially the one that Ed told me he thought would be lifted in May of 2013, concerning a particular character I'd emailed him about! But I can understand why WotC leaves them in place once they are set, and I can't really fault them for it.

Its called taking care of your customers. Many nda's are in place because of abandoned story arcs etc. If wotc can't spend a tiny bit of cash on clearing nda's then it just gives me an even lower impression of them.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  23:12:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

Its called taking care of your customers. Many nda's are in place because of abandoned story arcs etc. If wotc can't spend a tiny bit of cash on clearing nda's then it just gives me an even lower impression of them.

So you have a lower opinion of them because they won't spend money on something that gets them nothing? I'm afraid you must have a low opinion of most businesses, then...

Taking care of customers is always a worthy goal for a business, but 99.9% of businesses are going to opt to do so in a way that gets them money.

And examining past plans, future plans, having Legal eyeball everything, and contacting a bunch of people is not something that costs only a "tiny bit of cash". It would involve potentially hours of work from several creative types and the legal types, and then someone to contact the folks affected by the NDA. This could easily be hundreds or even thousands of dollars of pay to everyone involved, when they could be doing something else that actually makes money for the company.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 05 Aug 2014 23:13:21
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  15:10:28  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you have a lower opinion of them because they won't spend money on something that gets them nothing? I'm afraid you must have a low opinion of most businesses, then...

Taking care of customers is always a worthy goal for a business, but 99.9% of businesses are going to opt to do so in a way that gets them money.

And examining past plans, future plans, having Legal eyeball everything, and contacting a bunch of people is not something that costs only a "tiny bit of cash". It would involve potentially hours of work from several creative types and the legal types, and then someone to contact the folks affected by the NDA. This could easily be hundreds or even thousands of dollars of pay to everyone involved, when they could be doing something else that actually makes money for the company.

Wotc have lawyers on staff so that takes care of most of your costs. Erm, unless you missed it, wotc is a creative fiction brand. Its what they do. They employ people to create. Who exactly would need to be contacted about nda secrecy being broken? Most nda's would have little or no impact on the setting as a whole. Ed already has tons of lore to go so why not give it the once over and ok it?
What does it give them? Happy fans, loyalty, thats what. Happy loyal fans are far more likely to spend money, so ultimately, itmakes the company a profit.
Who knows, new adventures and novels might be created through the release.

Edited by - Arcanus on 06 Aug 2014 15:14:23
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  15:46:26  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Either way, the NDAs do exist and therefore we must be content with the endless realms lore Ed is good enough to pour upon us all. My intent in raising this topic is only to affirm whether any of the old NDAs which have been in place have changed, not to instill my fellow sages with grief that they exist at all.

And so to get off NDAs for a moment I'd like to pass on my hypothetical reworking of Highmoon to THO and Ed to see if either have any thoughts about it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've hit upon the idea of taking the little town of Highmoon and turning it into a city.

Since 2nd Ed. there have been numerous drastic changes in the region which would lead to many many refugees, largely as a result of the return of shade: the destruction of Tilverton, the dragon-rages, the war with the Shades/demons/Zhents, the destruction of Ordulin, the re-destruction of Myth Drannor, etc.

In my mind all these refugees need to find some place to go. Many of the people running from all of this destruction would come first to Highmoon. I'm thinking even if only about 1/4 to 1/3 decided to take shelter there that would be around 50,000 people. To accommodate these kinds of numbers the town would obviously become significantly larger.

Also it would have quickly become obvious that strong defense was needed, so walls would be built up at least. I'm also thinking a military develops out of the surviving fighters of the fallen locations, eventually including an aerial corps - griffons or pegasi perhaps - to counter veserab attacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed, Tho - Do you have any thoughts on this idea? Suggestions? Obvious holes in my thought process I'm missing :D?

As always thank you for your time and consideration!

TMM
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  16:03:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Wotc have lawyers on staff so that takes care of most of your costs. Erm, unless you missed it, wotc is a creative fiction brand. Its what they do. They employ people to create. Who exactly would need to be contacted about nda secrecy being broken? Most nda's would have little or no impact on the setting as a whole. Ed already has tons of lore to go so why not give it the once over and ok it?
What does it give them? Happy fans, loyalty, thats what. Happy loyal fans are far more likely to spend money, so ultimately, itmakes the company a profit.
Who knows, new adventures and novels might be created through the release.

It doesn't matter that the lawyers are on staff. They still have to pay those lawyers for their time. Most people don't go to law school so they can work for free.

Who would they need to contact about NDAs? The people who signed them. If it's an NDA, someone has been told they cannot share information. It's pointless to lift an NDA and not tell the affected parties that the relevant information is no longer covered by the NDA.

Some NDAs would not impact the setting as a whole, that is correct. That does not mean that the NDAs do not impact current or future plans. If there is a novel or adventure focusing on the murder of Lord Arjent Nounsilver, then revealing who did it before anything is published is going to cause problems. That's why everyone involved in planning novels, adventures, and articles has to be involved in examining NDAs. And that's going to take time and effort -- which could be spent towards more financially productive ends.

As WOtC is the one planning and producing the material, I don't see how letting some information out would spur their own production. They already have the material -- how does sharing it more widely spur them to do something with it?

As for creating goodwill with the fans... Yes, releasing NDAs would generate goodwill from fans. But not from a large portion... If you're not interested in Cormyr or in the murder of Lord Arjent Nounsilver, then knowing who killed him isn't going to do anything for you... Even if you were praying to baby Cthulhu to find that out, the revelation of it will not put money into WotC's pocket.

Actually releasing a novel or module based on finding the murderer will get them money, though.

So they can have their creative team take time away from actually creating content to examine an NDA. Then they can have their lawyers take time putting their legal blessing on it. Then then can have their admins take time contacting people who signed the NDA. At least five or six people there, taking hours on the clock to share a blurb that does not immediately or even measurably make them money...

Or they don't spend that money on something that gets them nothing, and they instead use that time and effort to create new content which they sell to a larger audience for a direct, measurable, and longer-lasting return.

The choice that a for-profit company is going to make is obvious.

Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  17:06:13  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message
Or they can make (and sell) a "Secrets of the Realms" sourcebook (or series of sourcebooks) and finally get rid of many NDAs, because, let's face it, 90% of the things under NDA regard human or demihuman NPCs that were already dead by the timejump or were killed by the timejump or the various disasters that rocked Faerun and since they've only 4 authors writing novels right now i doubt getting to know more about a swashbuckler of the 1320s or a Cormyrean noble of the 1360s would spoil anything about the future 5E Realms (whereas things like Elminster's sons and daughters, Royal Lineages of still standing kingdoms [sigh], super powerful spells and NPCs with thousand years lifespans [Larloch, Halaster, random archmage n° 378615, any named dragon, ecc...] probably deserve to remain hidden from the general public for future plans' sake).

Anyway, a question for the Sage of the Greenwood: what can you say to us about the Pereghost? What's his dark past? Why was he referred to as a "fallen paladin" in Cloak & Dagger while he was just an enigmatic fighter before? Why did he turn CE after 1370 DR and how did he end up as a Divine Champion of Cyric?

See, i suspect i will be run over by an NDA now, an NDA over a human NPC that's been dead for near a century and i don't think any WotC employee could say with a straight face that they have plans to release "The Puberty of The Pereghost" in the near or distant future.

Edited by - Demzer on 06 Aug 2014 17:07:23
Go to Top of Page

Chronos
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  17:40:20  Show Profile Send Chronos a Private Message
Not being funny but I come onto this forum to see answers from Ed not for a discussion of NDA' s or corporate policy, rant over.

Question: what basic trail foods would readily be found in the Moonsea north region?

Edited by - Chronos on 06 Aug 2014 17:40:58
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  17:47:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Chronos, popular "prepared" foods (as opposed to foraging for wild game and plants) in the Moonsea North are sausages and "hardloaves" (small round buns, about the size of a large male human's palm), plus "belths" (singular: belth), which is basically a large pickle baked into a Cornish-pasty-style crust (all-around pastry jacket) to keep it from leaking or spoiling. As drinkable water (or in winter, snow) is plentiful, foods can be heavily salted to preserve them. Add to this dried, flattened fruit (figs, apricots, dates), and you have what a lot of wayfarers use for travel food. Source: Ed's campaign notes.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  18:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chronos

Not being funny but I come onto this forum to see answers from Ed not for a discussion of NDA' s or corporate policy, rant over.

Question: what basic trail foods would readily be found in the Moonsea north region?

Quite right. Apologies for leading the scroll astray.
Wooly and I can disagree and argue it out elsewhere lol
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  04:48:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Folks, let's try to keep the side-chatter about NDAs down a little. If it directly pertains to something Ed's working on, then fair enough. But general NDA discussion should be shifted to another shelf... say, the General FR Discussion area.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  04:53:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all. Chronos, popular "prepared" foods (as opposed to foraging for wild game and plants) in the Moonsea North are sausages and "hardloaves" (small round buns, about the size of a large male human's palm), plus "belths" (singular: belth), which is basically a large pickle baked into a Cornish-pasty-style crust (all-around pastry jacket) to keep it from leaking or spoiling. As drinkable water (or in winter, snow) is plentiful, foods can be heavily salted to preserve them. Add to this dried, flattened fruit (figs, apricots, dates), and you have what a lot of wayfarers use for travel food. Source: Ed's campaign notes.
love,
THO

Speaking of pickles... sort of, my Lady Hooded One, I'm curious about whether Ed's ever detailed or mentioned Realms-specific fruits and/or vegetables that have been pickled for sale and/or consumption? Is the pickling process in the Realms similar to that of our world? Are pickled foodstuffs ever used as spell components in any particularly whimsical castings?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  14:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message
Pickled beholder eyes.....nom nom nom.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  00:14:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Greetings Ed and THO, I have a question for you.

I know that Eilistraee was created by Ed under commission by TSR, however I was wondering if he decided to include her in his Realms (and if you ever got to meet some of her followers during your campaign) and -assuming so- if his version of the Dark Maiden is any different from the published one.

Thanks for your time.

I've got an answer to this on the Edverse website. If anyone is curious, then yes: Eilistraee is part of Ed's own world and was even before TSR commissioned her.

http://theedverse.com/#comment-1534073727

quote:
Hi, Tommaso. You're very welcome!
Yes, Eilistraee is part of the "home" Realms campaign and has appeared "onstage" and by dream-vision and manifestation in Realmsplay. At the writing of (the first) DROW OF THE UNDERDARK, I was asked to create a deity for "good" drow for the game, and used the opportunity to make official the Dark Dancer female drow goddess I'd already created for my own use.
And, oh yes: Eilistraee lives!
:}
Ed

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 09 Aug 2014 00:16:51
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  01:17:43  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I've got an answer to this on the Edverse website. If anyone is curious, then yes: Eilistraee is part of Ed's own world and was even before TSR commissioned her.

http://theedverse.com/#comment-1534073727

The site should be suspect at best for a voice of Ed Speaks. I defer to The Lady Herald to confirm.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  01:24:40  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message
Well, wow.
If someone actually went through all the work of putting up that site and answering questions for Ed in such a detailed way just to fake being him, that would be pathologic. Also it seems to have been around for about 1 year up to now, and stuff like signed copies of books and so on can be purchased through it. I guess that if it was fake, it would have already been shut down.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  01:26:28  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
It has occurred before.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  03:16:05  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
That's Ed's personal website and the real deal. I've watched the Youtube videos there and that's him. ;)

I think it's been mentioned here in the Halls, but I forget at the moment.

Edited by - Eilserus on 09 Aug 2014 03:18:07
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  04:08:58  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Eilserus has the right of it. It is real, pure, 100% Ed goodness.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  05:24:33  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Yeah, that is definitely him talking. Have to say I love the banner title "...To End All Realms Shaking Events." Here's hoping they are ended for good and all. :)
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  10:49:17  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message
Gracious Lady, Revered Master,

another Zhentarim-related question after the one about the Pereghost:
when Zhent mercenaries need to show up somewhere without clearly showing their true Zhent colors how do they present themselves? To elaborate, if questioned, do they claim to be unnamed hiresword bands, a random bunch of sellswords, or do they have a list of "usable fake merc company names and backgrounds" to exploit in covering up their presence?
If i was a guard captain of someplace and 20 armed individuals came to my someplace and their leader told me they were "just sellswords" i would be instantly suspicious and calling in all reserves to keep an eye on them, whereas if the same 20 individuals presented themselves as the Bloody Banner Mercenary Company out of Scornubel (with maybe a forged paper for show) i'll probably be more relaxed and maybe check the authenticity of the claim or maybe not.
So, is there any "fake adventuring bands and mercenary companies master list" from which Zhent higher-ups pull names that Zhents field officer then use to cover up their identity? Was something like this ever discovered by the Harpers or Knights of Myth Drannor or other groups opposing the Zhentarim?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  14:36:48  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Gracious Lady, Revered Master,

another Zhentarim-related question after the one about the Pereghost:
when Zhent mercenaries need to show up somewhere without clearly showing their true Zhent colors how do they present themselves? To elaborate, if questioned, do they claim to be unnamed hiresword bands, a random bunch of sellswords, or do they have a list of "usable fake merc company names and backgrounds" to exploit in covering up their presence?
If i was a guard captain of someplace and 20 armed individuals came to my someplace and their leader told me they were "just sellswords" i would be instantly suspicious and calling in all reserves to keep an eye on them, whereas if the same 20 individuals presented themselves as the Bloody Banner Mercenary Company out of Scornubel (with maybe a forged paper for show) i'll probably be more relaxed and maybe check the authenticity of the claim or maybe not.
So, is there any "fake adventuring bands and mercenary companies master list" from which Zhent higher-ups pull names that Zhents field officer then use to cover up their identity? Was something like this ever discovered by the Harpers or Knights of Myth Drannor or other groups opposing the Zhentarim?

Thanks!

I don't think they'd have to be fake. The zhents hire mercs all the time, so they could just send in some that are already known somewhat. This way if they are all killed off, no Zhents lost, just mercs they dont have to pay :)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  14:49:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
A few quick things:

Sage, most pickling in the North is brining, but some of the Southern pickling is in edible oils. (Ed's notes, at least the ones I have to hand, are a little skimpy on this.)

Kentinal, I can confirm that theedverse.com is indeed Ed's own site, and that is him in the videos, talking into a leetle camera perched atop his largest iMac. I'm told the filming venue may soon change to another room in his house, as his faithful minions get the Merrie Mansion cleaned up a bit.

Demzer: The Zhents have a whole list of cover names as mercenaries, and I can scare up six of them just from the Ed's notes I have handy: Galadaer's Griffonhouse [[Galadaer was a famous fat, jovial, heavy-drinking mercenary captain of a century ago; the Zhents took over his company after his death]]; the Boldblood Banners; the Bronze Glaive; Hallowhand Solutions; Markalhar's Blades; and Hondur's Banners.

Everyone: The next Elminster novel is done and happily in WotC's hands; Ed's steampunk novel, THE IRON ASSASSIN (a "romp," he tells me) is similarly done, and tentatively scheduled for June 2015; and Ed is happily at work on some projects he can't talk about yet. Including future Realms-related things, of course.

And that's all, just for now. I'm going to try my annual "sneak down to GenCon" attempt, and probably fail, but Ed promises a reply or even two before he departs for Indy...
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  17:11:54  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message
EdVerse is awesome! I'll talk to Ed in a few days, but thanks again THO for donating your time to all of us here at Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  05:00:55  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Ed, THO,

Mindworms played a major role in the Knights of Myth Drannor novels, and I'm guessing in your home campaign as well. As far as I've been able to find, they have never been detailed. Can you provide us whatever details you have?

Thanks

TMM
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  03:25:53  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message
Hi THO and Ed! Greetings from Toronto.
This is maybe more a question for Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak, but I hope Ed may be able to answer or provide insight. We've been discussing Alias the Sellsword in another thread and her "sisters" such as Cat of Ordulin and Jade Moore. Of her creators, several are either immortal or ageless/undead; it makes sense that they would make their creation very long lived or ageless in that regard if they had that ability. Certainly Finder was trying to find a way to keep his music alive for eternity when he started the process (recognizing his not-so-sure mortality). So, my question is, would it be possible for Alias to be alive in the late 1400s, and her clones?
Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  20:58:16  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message
Hey THO and Ed!

I was wondering if you could confirm whether Narnra is still around these days? I know Amarune is her descendent, but I figure as a child of Elminster and a Song Dragon, 100 years might not be much of an issue for her. I liked her character a lot.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  22:29:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Hello, friend Ed!

Having just read the new Forging the Realms article entitled "A Statuesque Affair," I'm now curious about the statues you named in there. Can you describe the statues (which I have named below), and perhaps say something about their creators?

“Lureeauna Surprised”
“Battle in the Boudoir”
“Inspired by a Spiderweb at Dawn”
“Moondew Nightmare”

As a followup, are there any particularly well-known statues in the Realms (such as David, The Thinker, or the Statue of Liberty), or at least in Waterdeep?

As always, my thanks to you and your lovely go-between!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 13 Aug 2014 22:31:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000