Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Part 1. Crystal Shard Discussion.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2013 :  15:11:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

2E and 3E lore said that dwarves began to see a marked turn-around in fertility and birth rates in the year 1306 DR, and called this the Thunder Blessing. But 1E Bruenor appears to have still been running his clan with the old, over-protective, gender-role-based outlook. I guess news of the Thunder Blessing must have traveled really, really slowly up to Icewind Dale?
I don't recall any mentions of the Thunder Blessing, or its effects, in 2E.
That said, Bruenor had already grown up and become an adult by the time the Thunder Blessing happened. Perhaps his exiled clan didn't have many females for them to even note the Blessing, or -- more likely, to me -- Bruenor was doing as many people do and holding on to the ideals he'd been raised with, despite cultural shifts that had happened since then.
And/or it's "buy a fish, feed for a day, buy a fishing net..." approach in self-inflicted version. Thunder Blessing was one-shot event, after all, and until he is sure...

I'm not sure that any dwarf who was told of a blessing by Moradin would doubt it... Adjusting to a new reality is a different story, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000