Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Information on Tyr's three monthly events?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  03:01:48  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm wondering if there is any canon information regarding these three Tyr monthly high rituals?

The Seeing - Occurs on the first day of every month. Prayers are chanted, which then manifests a white hot war hammer that glows with heat and light.

The Maiming - Occurs on the thirteenth day of every month. Singing of loud booming hymns results in an illusionary burning gauntleted hand appears.

The Blinding - Occurs on the twenty second day of every month. Results in crying eyes to appear.

Seems like A LOT of divinity to manifest just for a light show. I was wondering if there was anything more to these ceremonies.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  00:33:53  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a question for Ed methinks. I'm sure he could flesh out the details of these rituals for you.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  22:57:54  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The “light show“ is incidental to most magical workings in the Realms. Even lowly 1st-level magics are often accompanied by prominent visual signatures. Besides, Tyr can afford to spend a little power, especially if such manifestations confirm and reinforce his faith.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  04:59:29  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading through holidays in the realms, I thought that these stood out a bit with the description of symbols of Tyr appearing.

I suppose this kind of thing could be fairly common. I was thinking (hoping) that they coincided with special dates of judgement or something =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000