Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Time line of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  11:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail,

In the campaign that I will shortly be running, I have decided to set it after the Date Stated in the FRCS, So rather than starting it in Midsummer 1372, I have decided to Start the campaign in the begining fo the Year of the Rogue Dragons. The 5th of Hammer to be Exact! I was wondering, as I am not a Forgotten Realms novel read- there are far too many other novels that I wish to read, What has happened in the months leading up to this date! And information would be helpful!

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:03:29  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
u can find timelines of the Realms online. just search 4 it n ull find 1 showing thigns that have happend around the time u seek

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:06:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do the online timelines have some of the events that have recently taken place? To my knowledge there still is a great deal of speculation only as to the timeline of the events in WOTSQ. Moreover, the Player's Guide to Faerun is supposedly set to have an updated timeline addressing more recent events. I know since that comes out in March it isn't much help right now....but just wanted to let you know.
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sirius and Dracandos, I suppose that I could probally hold of any questions until march. Eh I hope! Perhaps you coudl inform me, then, on what have been the major events around the Amn/Wester Heartlands area. (If there are any)

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:18:02  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Thanks Sirius and Dracandos, I suppose that I could probally hold of any questions until march. Eh I hope! Perhaps you coudl inform me, then, on what have been the major events around the Amn/Wester Heartlands area. (If there are any)

Good question...off the top of my head...nothing prominent comes to mind for those two areas unless you count Evereska as part of the Western Heartlands. If so, there is an online article at WOTC that details the aftermath of Evereska following the events in the Return of the Archwizards series.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:47:42  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a site that I found with a timeline of all the major events that happen in the Forgotten Realms.

http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_time_notable.html

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  23:47:52  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank thee, DDH_101 for the link. Such a listing of knowledge is most useful! But Alais I think I will need to await the coming of the scroll know as The Players Guide to Faerun and hope it has an extended time line in it!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  12:44:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The FR timeline put together by (among others) George Krashos (a worthy scribe here at Candlekeep) is one of the most accurate and well presented listings I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I'm sure if you email him about it, he'll send you his most advanced copy, or at least direct you to it's new place online...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  17:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shall drop a line to George Krashos thanks. I can't remember seeing him logging on recently however. Not just he but Mournblade! Soo many missing scribes. Tis a pity.

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  02:39:09  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elrond, you can also go to Wizard of the Coast's website to find more info. Sometimes there are articles there that gives useful info on the Realms...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  10:26:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

I shall drop a line to George Krashos thanks. I can't remember seeing him logging on recently however. Not just he but Mournblade! Soo many missing scribes. Tis a pity.

Hanx
Elrond

George hasn't been around in quite a while, and, for the time being at least...it will be staying that way...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000