Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Sundering Trailer Video
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  01:34:42  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Complex Exclusive: New "Dungeons & Dragons" Trailer Unleashes "The Sundering" Campaign Video

http://www.complexmag.ca/video-games/2013/11/complex-exclusive-dungeons-and-dragons-the-sundering?utm_campaign=complexvg

Yan
Playtester

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  01:38:29  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feedbacks has that the Duke Torlin Silvershield became a Chosen of Bhaal in Murder in Baldur's Gate...

Yan
Playtester

Edited by - Plaguescarred on 14 Nov 2013 01:40:01
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  02:26:03  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool. Thanks for the link.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  03:22:59  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, nice link. Thanks!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  13:07:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL - Icewind Dale is now the most important place in FR...

Who didn't see THAT coming?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  13:17:20  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apllaud that they give Auril some stagetime. Aside from that, not thrilled that it is Icewind Dale.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  13:20:43  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Link doesn't want to work on my tablet. Will have to check it later.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  16:16:27  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't watch it an no one has put it on YouTube or anything.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  18:42:21  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems the vid doesn't like tablets or phones. Had to fire up the desktop to watch it.

Looks like their hitting all the old 2nd and 3rd ed video game locales. Get ready for a Neverwinter tie-in next!

Edited by - BlackAce on 14 Nov 2013 18:43:02
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  21:30:02  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  22:37:30  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I viewed the trailer successfully on my iPad.

Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  22:46:06  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

LOL - Icewind Dale is now the most important place in FR...

Who didn't see THAT coming?

How are you drawing that conclusion? Seems more like an advert to drum up interest in Legacy of the Crystal Shard. Especially as the beginning of the trailer refers to the events in Murder in Baldur's Gate the previous module?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2013 :  00:36:15  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems these are setting up the Sundering branded D&D (Next) Encounter modules.

They are obviously hitting the locales with the most mainstream exposure, which happen to be the sites where popular CRPG games were set, some from over a decade ago.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  03:27:56  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two things

I like that we get an "obscure" goddess to do some stuff, the goddess backstory, is very full of possibilities, as well has expanding the barbarian tribes expanding the pantheon with relatively just backdrop info.

Two

Plauge, are you WOTC PR by chance, or work for them at all? You seem to come here to mostly post videos and such dealing with such activities.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  04:12:34  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

Plauge, are you WOTC PR by chance, or work for them at all? You seem to come here to mostly post videos and such dealing with such activities.

Haha!

*cough* Plant! *cough*

Or rather, with this being a Realmsian abode and all . . .

*cough* Myconid! *cough*

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  07:49:13  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If he is, it's news to me. He's been posting links to game news on the WotC forums for some time.

I for one am glad he does it. It's cool when fans spread the good word.

Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  09:44:28  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im just a D&D fan like y'all : )

On WoTC's site i'm a forum guide so i post threads about news and release. I will often post Realms related news here if i see it hasn't been done so already...

Yan
Playtester

Edited by - Plaguescarred on 17 Nov 2013 09:49:29
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2013 :  13:01:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So here I am, looking over my FR maps and deciding which I want to work on today, and I noticed Sossal. Poor little Sossal, that never got any love. A wonderful country in the FAR NORTH - bitter cold, with 6 months of night, etc.

Very Different from Icewind Dale, which my Mercator Projection map proved is fairly warm, and would be of NO interest to a 'goddess of cold'. But of course, that would have meant getting new material on a region we've been begging for for years, rather then the same old, re-heated leftovers we keep getting over and over.

Yeah... its gonna be one of THOSE days.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Nov 2013 14:41:35
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2013 :  14:27:05  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear...baulders gate..... 3...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000