Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Extinction?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R0GUE
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  18:35:59  Show Profile  Visit R0GUE's Homepage Send R0GUE a Private Message  Delete Topic
*BIG SPOILERS*

Ok, just finished Extinction last night. Great book. Lisa Smedman did a WONDERFUL job keeping up with our favorite drow characters. But I have one minor nitpick. The title. Extinction? Ever since this series came out, I figured this novel, would be one with a MAJOR turn of events, such as Menzoberranzan being conquered and the vast majority of drow being huted down and put to death. That is simply what the title implies. Instead, Gromph comes back and the forces of Menzo win the day, at least for now. The duergar and Tanurruks are turned back, House Dyrr is purged, and no one (except maybe House Dyrr) is gone extinct.

Do you think these titles are metaphorical for something? If so is it something that will be revealed at the end of the series, that we can't see happening yet? Because this title was quite misleading. The other novels I felt were more appropriately titled by the way. If the next book is called "Annhiliation" shouldn't that infer that Menzoberranzan is levelled and laid to waste? Or am I being to picky? Sorry i just believe that titles should mean something.

You have had your pocket pilfered by the R0GUE.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  18:58:49  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Please continue any such discussions over on this scroll. This is the third such scroll on ths subject (the other more recent than the afore-mentioned scroll).

Could scribes please use the Scrying Room to check the index of existing scrolls before posting.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly