Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Underdark Maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  16:15:21  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, fellow Loreseekers (and, of course, honourable Sages ;D),

I'm currently searching Underdark Maps for my FR Drow Campaign. It's set in the Northdark, so maps on the north-western area of Faerûn (meaning: North and Silver Marches) will suffice.

I found maps in the 3e Underdark, the 2e Menzoberranzan Boxed Set as well as the 2e "Drow of the Underdark" and "Drizzt Do'Urdens Guide to the Underdark". Unfortunatly, every single map is incomplete.

Do you know of any published or fanmade (maybe as high-skilled as the great works of Mark Taylor?!) maps of the Underdark / Northdark?

Thanks!

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.

Edited by - MisterX on 24 Jul 2013 16:16:29

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  18:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're looking for actual tunnel maps, I don't think very much has ever been published. It's almost impossible to do so, since we're talking about a 3D puzzle that stretches several miles below the surface. The best you can try to do, sourcebook-wise, is a very broad overview like in DD's Guide.

The only place I can suggest is looking in the 2e mega-adventure Night Below, which has a lot of underground maps. Most of them are more isolated lairs, but some are fairly substancial. And if you find any fan-made maps, I'd be interested to see them.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  19:09:06  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm lookimg for "overland"-maps like in the 3e "Underdark".

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  21:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean maps that show the relative positions of underdark locales in relation to things on the surface? The only two I know are the one in Drizzt's Guide, which only focuses on the western Realms, and the one in Underdark you mentioned.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  22:03:32  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They was a map posted someplace, of where underdark cities were compared to the surface. I believe it was WotC site, however am not sure.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2013 :  02:47:34  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Search on Candlekeep and you will find a thread or two detailing Underdark maps in the North. I know I've mentioned at least one good source for 'point A to point B' maps in the region (with links) I just don't recall them at the moment!

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

Ozreth
Learned Scribe

188 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2013 :  04:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Ozreth's Homepage Send Ozreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try this out :)

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17599
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2013 :  05:07:46  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ozreth,

Thanks! I knew I'd shared some map links SOMEWHERE.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000