Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Gauntlgrym
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  20:50:14  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Gauntlgrym is an illithid city, but not much is known about it except that! I am continuing to modify my Underdark campaign, so if anything knows about Gauntlgrym, don't hesitate to post!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:27:42  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is taken from The North, some aditional info might be found in Volo's guide to the north or FR 5. I found some info on the Delzoun empire, in the Savage frontier. Beyond that I don't reall know.

Gauntlgrym

Gauntlgrym is a large, underground city built by the dwarves of
Delzoun for men in the early years of an amicable existence of
dwarves, elves, and men in the North (long before the Fallen
Kingdom). Itís now abandoned and holds great riches. All who
hear the ballads and tales know of Gauntlgrym, but the precise
location of this treasure trove is lost. Even the dwarves know
only that it lies north of the Dessarin and its tributaries, near
the valley of Khedrun.
Ten years ago, a trio of adventurers arrived in Waterdeep in
triumph, entering the Copper Cup to proclaim they had discovered
Gauntlgrym. After a spending spree in Waterdeep on
armor and weapons funded with rare gems and solid gold jewelry,
the group set out one week later to recover the bulk of the
treasures; no one ever saw them againónor has any other
word been told of Gauntlgrym in the passing decade.
Gauntlgrym housed 30,000 men and dwarves in its day.
Now, not even goblin races dwell here. Dripping water echoes
eerily throughout the cold, empty halls, the sound broken infrequently
by the wails of banshees. Gauntlgrym touches on
Deepearth, and a powerful illithid clan controls part of the
city. Although the way is long and deadly, Gauntlgrym also
connects with Great Worm Caverns.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:31:47  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks 4 the inro Hymn

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:50:42  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gaungrym... the name sais it all:
Gauntlet + Grim.

I wouldn't wanna go there. Unless... there are magical items there, ofcourse. Mind tricks don't work on the undead, anyway.

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, thanks for the info, but should anyone happen to know more?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:47:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do...but I don't have the time to post it now. Check back tomorrow, I should have something then...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:53:31  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right-o Sage, I do know how busy you are.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:00:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I'm really not that busy at the immediate moment, just tired. I spent most of the last two days debugging sub-routines, so my brain is kind of flat at the moment...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats alright Sage. Take all the time you need.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000