Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Making an adventure to rescue Sharess?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  02:13:31  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I need a lil help, before the time of troubles sharess was entangled with shar, yet any 2e works, have her being rescued by sune. Does anyone have any info on her activities while entangled with shar?

Once , I have that I am planning on making a adventure that entails working on rescuing her, mostly revolved around using tibbits as a cat inspired lycanthrope.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  02:38:29  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would any want to rescue her?

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  03:04:08  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same reason anyone would want to rescue a god...

the reward
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  14:35:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back when we were working on the Utter East (at the WotC site), I had come up with some proto-history for Baast. She was actually a beastlord (of housecats, naturally) that had been 'adopted' by the Pharonic pantheon (amongst others). This ocurred during t5he first 'Godwar', when the Pharonic deities were in desperate need of morre troops. Baast petitioned Ra for a place in their pantheon, and he told her that if she could provide him with an army, he would allow her in.

Baast then went to an (then uncommitted) group of Daemons - the Rakshasa - and got them to agree on the side of the Pharonic Pantheon. Ra was take aback by her choice of troops, but stayed true to his word and made her part of his panthoen. However, he felt she should be forever responsible for the actions of 'her' people, and had them all take the visage of a feline, and so it has been, from that day forth.

As for the rest of that war, the Pharonics were allied with the Ęsir (Asura), who fought the Devas, who were with the Vedic pantheon, who in-turn were closely tied to the Vanir (Fey Pantheon). The whole thing was a complete mess, as most Godwars are. In the end nobody truly one, and Baast released the Rakshasa from service. However, they still bear the 'mark' Ra placed upon them (something Baast hates 'till this day). In their defense, over the course of centuries, their kind has produced a few noble types, including Vibhishana (the Black Leopard of Kara-Tur).

All of that is Homebrew for my prot-cosmology.

Not sure how you can use any of it, but at some point Baast absorbed Zandilar and became Sharess... I would assume it was at that time that she first became affiliated with Shar (possibly through Zandilar's association with Vhaeraun).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

xaviera
Learned Scribe

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  03:25:39  Show Profile  Visit xaviera's Homepage Send xaviera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Sharess eventually began to experiment with the darker side of pleasure and fell under the sway of Shar. She would have undoubtedly been wholly subsumed by the Dark Goddess if Sune had not freed her during the Time of Troubles." (Faiths & Pantheons, p. 105).

Some time after the fall of Myth Drannor, Bast began to experiment with the darker side of pleasure and fell under the influence of Shar, Mistress of the Night. Known as the Maidens of the Forbidden Fruit, the two goddesses were strongly linked in the liturgy of the church of Shar until Bast was seen simply as an aspect of Shar known as Sharess. The ranks of the Lustful Mistress's clergy slowly dwindled throughout the Realms as the Nightbringers spoke of her being a precursor to the despair and loss that all beings will eventually embrace. Those who encountered the Goddess of Pleasure during this time found her beauty slowly fading and the joy of life leaving her eyes.

Sharess was never fully absorbed by Shar, however, and during the Time of Troubles she was released from this dark fate by Sune. Sharess had assumed the form of the favorite concubine of the Pasha of Calimport as her avatar and was engaged in a wild life of decadence within that ruler's harem when the avatar of Shar arrived to slay Sharess once and for all, as she had already done to Ibrandul. However, before Shar could destroy Sharess and seize her portfolio, the avatar of Sune arrived with a chalice filled with the sacred waters of Evergold and doused Sharess in its liquid essence. Sharess immediately regained her faded beauty and rebelled against the Dark Dancer's bitter influence. (from Powers & Pantheons)

Writings on Sharess: Thoughts & Prayers by Xaviera ~ High Priestess of Sharess
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000