Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  08:10:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Newb here.

I have been doing some work on Lord karsus' Netbook Elves of the Realms over at the WotC boards. The piece I'm doing on the Dark Elves is unfortunately turning out MASSIVE. There is more stuff on them then all the other subraces combined. I have to cut my VERY long intro way down, and it would be a shame to waste it.

It is written from the point of view of a Dark Elven Sage who has travelled from his world of Kule (Oerth's moon Celene) to Evermeet at the request of the Imperial Elven navy to help them study the Drow of the Underdark. It is currently a page long but I stopped writing because it was too much for a simple intro to a chapter.

It has detailed information about the Ilythiir's lifestyle before fleeing Faerie (Tintageer), their involvement with 'the cataclysm', and why other Elves NEVER liked them. It also has a very reasonable explanation of how there can be Drow EVERYWHERE, yet Realmslore clearly states that 'the decent' took place on Abeir-Toril (something that didn't make sense to me before).

So I figure, even though the piece is written as 'observations by an outsider', it most definately falls under the heading of Realmslore.

Interested?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Jan 2007 08:19:29
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  11:48:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Newb here.

I have been doing some work on Lord karsus' Netbook Elves of the Realms over at the WotC boards. The piece I'm doing on the Dark Elves is unfortunately turning out MASSIVE. There is more stuff on them then all the other subraces combined. I have to cut my VERY long intro way down, and it would be a shame to waste it.

It is written from the point of view of a Dark Elven Sage who has travelled from his world of Kule (Oerth's moon Celene) to Evermeet at the request of the Imperial Elven navy to help them study the Drow of the Underdark. It is currently a page long but I stopped writing because it was too much for a simple intro to a chapter.

It has detailed information about the Ilythiir's lifestyle before fleeing Faerie (Tintageer), their involvement with 'the cataclysm', and why other Elves NEVER liked them. It also has a very reasonable explanation of how there can be Drow EVERYWHERE, yet Realmslore clearly states that 'the decent' took place on Abeir-Toril (something that didn't make sense to me before).

So I figure, even though the piece is written as 'observations by an outsider', it most definately falls under the heading of Realmslore.

Interested?

Well met

Interested in new Realmslore? me? why of course, Markustay This sounds like a very interesting piece indeed and i'd be happy to take a look. Please email this through to me at your earlier convenience.

::rubs hands in anticipation::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2007 :  14:20:52  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I still have a lot of material I used in my campaign (and even my first campaign) that I can share with you. The only problem is that I have to translate it so it will take a time before all this work is done. (sorry guys not everyone has English as their "parent" language :-) :) )
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  18:05:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't finished my Illythiiri article (been busy) but I did a new Evermeet map awhile ago. I only just found your map section today, so if you like its all yours. Here's the address -

Edit: I have added several versions of the Silver Marches map as well (adapted from World map)

http://markustay.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you guys ever need a map for one of the candlekeep compendiums let me know.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Mar 2007 05:23:24
Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2007 :  22:10:55  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Trafaldi mentioned it nigh on two years ago, have you received much in the way of literature from Candlekeep scribes?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2007 :  01:00:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you seen the Candlekeep Compendiums, Warrax? [see the URL in my sig] Or the numerous additions to the various shelves of the Candlekeep site proper?

Every time Alaundo makes a Site Update, he's usually able to add something in the way of Realmslore crafted from one of the many scribes of Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sailusj
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:01:53  Show Profile  Visit Sailusj's Homepage Send Sailusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met great scribes of CandleKeep, I am completely new as far as actually posting anything here in this great library. although i have been reading the various different post for some time now. Seeing as how I dont want to completely be off subject, I was wondering if someone could post more information about Gromph Baern. Thanks glad to be here

"Oh dear God...What is that smell?!"
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:28:48  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sailusj

Well met great scribes of CandleKeep, I am completely new as far as actually posting anything here in this great library. although i have been reading the various different post for some time now. Seeing as how I dont want to completely be off subject, I was wondering if someone could post more information about Gromph Baern. Thanks glad to be here

First of all - a warm and friendly Welcome to the Keep and Oghmas Blessing, Sailusj!

You should try the Search Engine here at the Keep. Simply type in whatever you are looking for and see what it has to offer. I am sure that there have been various posts about this notorious drow magician.

If this does not bring the information you are looking for you might want to open a topic yourself, asking specific questions.

Good luck, Ergdusch

Edit note: this might be the wrong scroll entirely to discuss this. Mods?

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 18 Jun 2008 22:34:43
Go to Top of Page

Sailusj
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Sailusj's Homepage Send Sailusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice Ergdusch, while i have typed Gromph into the search engine very little came up about this Archmage. So starting a new post and asking questions may be the better course.

once again thank you

"Oh dear God...What is that smell?!"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  01:13:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Edit note: this might be the wrong scroll entirely to discuss this. Mods?
It's okay. The discussion has since moved to another scroll.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  17:12:34  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Alaundro,
I am about a month away on finish my work to turn in, but I have no
way to scan the maps that I have created. Is there an admin that
I can mail them to?

Edited by - althen artren on 03 Jul 2008 19:02:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  01:40:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Alaundro,
I can mail them to?
Are these maps you've created? If so, I might be able to help.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  16:42:14  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the important ones, which I have made a underground map
of the ways of the Tarynstone Tunnels in Myth Drannor, is
a black and white copy of the free map from the Archives at Wizards.
Another is the third level of the Tarynstone clan's manor, which
is another free map from Wizards. All the rest though are of my
own hand-drawing.
So is it okay to edit a free map and post it somewhere else?

I just noticed that your in Australia, Sage. I think mailing to
you would be incredibly expensive, but I could get a office-supply
store to make electronical copies in a couple days and e-mail you.

Edited by - althen artren on 04 Jul 2008 16:44:28
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  17:40:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So is it okay to edit a free map and post it somewhere else?

Nope. WotC may be sharing it out for free, but they still retain all rights to the material. Unless they specifically state that it's acceptable, you can't re-distribute their material, altered or not.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  18:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alaundro,
I can mail them to?

Well met, althen artren

hmmmm, so you have hand-drawn maps that you need to get scanned in. PLease email me and we can discuss this further (alaundo AT candlekeep D0T COM)

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2008 :  01:34:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just noticed that your in Australia, Sage. I think mailing to
you would be incredibly expensive, but I could get a office-supply
store to make electronical copies in a couple days and e-mail you.
Given that Alaundo's now responded, I think it would be best to just let him handle it.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  00:27:57  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for offering to help though

Spells Stilled, Alaundro.
I did email you, did you get it?

Edited by - althen artren on 07 Jul 2008 00:29:05
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  22:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for offering to help though

Spells Stilled, Alaundro.
I did email you, did you get it?

Well met

Alas not, althen artren. Please email again (remember to use a good meaningful subject in order to get through the spam filter), and drop me a PM after you've emailed so that I can keep an eye out for it.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  23:53:53  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes sir.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  19:25:16  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled: Alaundo

Did you happen to get the stuff I emailed you the second time?
Not trying to be pushy, but I figured you would have said something
by now. If not, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  20:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Spells stilled: Alaundo

Did you happen to get the stuff I emailed you the second time?
Not trying to be pushy, but I figured you would have said something
by now. If not, let me know.

Well met altghen artren

Aye, i'm just preparing a number of things at the moment, and it's been one of those weeks. I'll get back to ye as soon as possible. Fear not, I haven't forgotten ye

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  20:47:02  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  00:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I've done writeups of Faerūnian firearms for my own campaigns, based on 2e stuff and a bit modified from the 3.5 rules: In exchange for power and slight armor penetration, I've given the guns more realistic ranges, weights, and reloading times (3-4 rounds), cross-referenced with 14th-16th century firearms.

I also tossed in Shou rockets (as a self-launching grenade-like weapon) and a non-magical version of the Thayan siege gun (since 3E made the bombard into a magical weapon, I made the siege gun into a different weapon, a giant smokepowder weapon similar to the siege guns used against Constantinople in 1453.)

May I send it to you via email to see if it would be something to add to the 'Keep?

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  10:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

Alaundo, I've done writeups of Faerūnian firearms for my own campaigns, based on 2e stuff and a bit modified from the 3.5 rules: In exchange for power and slight armor penetration, I've given the guns more realistic ranges, weights, and reloading times (3-4 rounds), cross-referenced with 14th-16th century firearms.

I also tossed in Shou rockets (as a self-launching grenade-like weapon) and a non-magical version of the Thayan siege gun (since 3E made the bombard into a magical weapon, I made the siege gun into a different weapon, a giant smokepowder weapon similar to the siege guns used against Constantinople in 1453.)

May I send it to you via email to see if it would be something to add to the 'Keep?

Well met

Oh indeed, Daviot That sounds very intriguing and i'll eagerly await thy mail

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

xaviera
Learned Scribe

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  17:51:02  Show Profile  Visit xaviera's Homepage Send xaviera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My first post here...

I'm looking for any prayers or hymns to Sune, Lliira or Sharess, and in return I offer a few of my own to the latter goddess for your perusal <here>.

As an addendum to the above, most of the information in the overarching topic "The Scrolls of Xee" is derived from in-game chat in the NWN PW of Amia, but I've also tried to expand on the doctrine of Sharess. It's not canon Realms (including as it does references to local persons, happenings and deities), but feel free to adapt it for your own uses. I hope it might provide some inspiration to those interested in playing a Sharessin.

Writings on Sharess: Thoughts & Prayers by Xaviera ~ High Priestess of Sharess

Edited by - xaviera on 05 Oct 2008 18:59:57
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  19:33:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaviera

My first post here...

I'm looking for any prayers or hymns to Sune, Lliira or Sharess, and in return I offer a few of my own to the latter goddess for your perusal <here>.

As an addendum to the above, most of the information in the overarching topic "The Scrolls of Xee" is derived from in-game chat in the NWN PW of Amia, but I've also tried to expand on the doctrine of Sharess. It's not canon Realms (including as it does references to local persons, happenings and deities), but feel free to adapt it for your own uses. I hope it might provide some inspiration to those interested in playing a Sharessin.

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, xaviera

Splendid! Good work indeed. I'll delve more into this scroll later

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  01:46:24  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled, Alaundo.

My work is almost finished. Should be able to turn it in tomarrow night late.
It is Myth Drannor, revisited in 1378 DR, covering buildings and lore in 712 DR,
1356 DR, and 1375-1378 DR. I hope this lore can be put in Candlekeep.
I will be emailing it to you as soon as I can.
Go to Top of Page

MirrorMirror
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  02:51:11  Show Profile  Visit MirrorMirror's Homepage Send MirrorMirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im interested in developing the Segara Sea and southern/southwestern coastal areas of Malatra. I assume the cultures of the region would be based on India/Indonesia/Southeast Asia. I would be interested in hearin any idea or materials anyone would wish to share.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  03:52:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MirrorMirror

Im interested in developing the Segara Sea and southern/southwestern coastal areas of Malatra. I assume the cultures of the region would be based on India/Indonesia/Southeast Asia. I would be interested in hearin any idea or materials anyone would wish to share.

You may want to speak with the fella Markustay. While he may not be able to answer every single question you have; he will most likely know someone who can...he loves the Kara-Tur area and has done a great deal of work on it I believe.

Also, he is simply great with maps of all the forgotten realms.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2009 :  02:21:54  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Alaundo,
I'm not wondering about it getting online, as I know you
waiting for the fansite guidelines from WOTC. But have you
read any of my submission? If you have, did you find it
insightful and or of possible use?
Just wondering, your the only other person to have a copy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000