Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Prices of a sage/priest of Oghma
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  07:59:09  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all !

I was wandering how much can cost an information in a temple of Oghma (for example) ? Or asking a sage ? (If it can help, PCs are in Waterdeep).
I know 'it depends' (© Ed Greenwood) on the question asked, but maybe you DMs have 'typical prices' that can be used as a base ?

Another question related is : what can a priest or sage say about Harpers ? And how much cost this special information ?

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  09:50:17  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too many ''it depends'' modifiers. In 3E the cost of hiring a sage was 2 gp. I think most of Oghma's priests would give mundane information for free, special information 10 gp/priest's HD or skill ranks. They'd not give top secret information such as the location of the Harper safe houses.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11744 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  12:43:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It'd be similar to how much does it cost to get information in our world.... I can get where the local movies is for free. I can get how a refrigerator works by buying a book at my local bookstore. If I want to learn about enriching radioactive materials to weapons grade without being a member of the military, I do so at possibly risk of life and limb.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  02:03:08  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dungeon Master's Guide has guideline costs for NPC services.

Dungeon Master's Guide II expanded on NPC service costs. It was dependent on the skill modifier of the NPC, and at some point they begin charging exorbitant fees for their expertise. By 6th-level, they charge a flat 500gp fee on top of the original cost. By 11th it's 1,000 fee and 2,000gp from 16th and up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000