Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Last Threshold ...eBook pricing Shift?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  18:47:28  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just grabbed this for my Kindle iPad app when I realzed it was priced at $9.78 vs $16.36 hardcover. It seems a fair price for book forms.
Also see that the upcoming Companions is Priced at $15.37 for Kindle and $16.36 for hardcover.....heres to hoping the lower price for The Last Threshold proves a winner and influences future pricing of Realms eBooks.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  19:14:01  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was very pleased with that price point. But I'm curious if that price was from WoTC or from Amazon.
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  06:18:30  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was kinda happy with that. Still a bit pricey for an ebook, but at least it's not as absurd as charging a hardcover price.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  19:18:05  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you get an E-refund when they drop the price when the paperback is released??

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  01:30:17  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

Do you get an E-refund when they drop the price when the paperback is released??

Do you get a refund if you buy the hardcover version?
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  03:37:19  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:

I'm not a fan of e-books, but it would be nice if you received an e-book download for free when purchasing a hardcover. Most blu-rays today give you a free DVD copy AND digital copy.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  11:04:37  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:

I'm not a fan of e-books, but it would be nice if you received an e-book download for free when purchasing a hardcover. Most blu-rays today give you a free DVD copy AND digital copy.

They would win me over to ebooks if they started doing that.
Alas in India buying an ebook is often a more difficult and expensive task than just purchasing an actual physical copy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000