Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ed and Baldur's Gate Project?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  00:41:19  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I'm looking through "So Saith Ed" archive for all info I can glean on anything asked about Baldur's Gate, and in the 2004 archives he is bound by a lot of NDAs due to some project.

It's now 2013...is he still bound by NDA and...what was the project? If it's scrapped then...well, there's nothing we can do I guess since NDA doesn't seem to have a time limit (or do they? NDA should have a time limit).

Now I haven't scanned the other archives yet so for all I know, he may have gone into more detail in the later archives.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  00:46:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would guess a video game.

Parts of the Reams have been 'set aside' for VG's in the past.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Mar 2013 00:47:30
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  08:01:39  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So think of it like this. Ed doesn't own the Realms any more. Hasbro does. I'd imagine that everything about the Realms is NDA in perpetuity. Ed is still able to dole out plenty of Realms lore though because quite frankly he can just make stuff up as he goes and people will take it as lore from the source....which it is. But when it comes to established lore, places, and characters, I am sure there are pretty strict constraints on what he can and can't say.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000