Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Coinage
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulBestwick
Seeker

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  22:34:39  Show Profile Send PaulBestwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for details of 1370's coins like to be in circulation amongst the population of the eastern great dale and possibley with the Nar's tribes to the north of this.

In additon does anyone have a description of Netheril coinage that was in circulation at the end of the Empire when Karsus tried to Usurp Mystryls power?

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  03:14:45  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excerpt from Netheril, Empire Of Magic

Netheril Mint
This highly patrolled building was one of three that minted coins used throughout Netheril. The other two buildings were found on the Ioulaum and Delia enclaves. Each of the buildings were magical fortresses, protected by wards that prohibited the use of every imaginable spell or spell-like effect from entering and stealing the plates or freshly minted coins. For all intensive purposes, it was literally impossible to enter the building unwarranted and steal anything. The usual effect for attempting to steal into the buildings was death or banishment into the Negative Material Plane-which means eventual—yet quick—death.

Each of the pyramid-shaped coins of Netheril had a magical essence incorporated into their design which made it possible to determine real coins from counterfeits. Acting like a prism, a three-dimensional image of a flying city above a forested landscape could be seen on the reverse of the coin. The front of the coin had a bust rendition of Nether the Elder, with the minting year at the bottom center and the words E Magicus Unum along the top. Under the left side of the bust, a letter designated the place of minting (“D” for Delia, “I” for Ioulaum, and “K” for Karsus).
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7978 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  03:41:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The E magicus unum detail makes me roll my eyes every time.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000