Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Reply Tags
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  21:44:20  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I looked for a similar scroll for this, but couldn't find one, so forgive me if this has been covered already.

Any chance Candlekeep could eventually implement post tags? What I mean is, some sites I frequent, if you make a reply to a scroll/thread, it gives you a little icon or notification mark of some kind on each scroll itself letting you know that you've replied somewhere within the body of the scroll. I can't tell you how many times I've returned to Candlekeep and I couldn't remember which scrolls I may have commented on to see if anyone commented on my comments. Heh. It'd be handy to be able to just look at the main list of scrolls and scroll down to find the ones we reply to. Thanks.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  22:07:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, this has already been listed as a possible function for implementation in Candlekeep 2.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  23:09:36  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As I recall, this has already been listed as a possible function for implementation in Candlekeep 2.

Which might happen as soon as the Sage completes his to do list?

Improvements clearly looked for, however Candlekeep 2 is something like five years or more in planning as I recall.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2012 :  12:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is Candlekeep 2 coming?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2012 :  18:29:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

When is Candlekeep 2 coming?

Well met

Next year (2013), Zireael. I'd say mid-year would be a reasonable expectation for at least Phase 1 of CK v2.0.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2020 :  18:57:34  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Var, Master Alaundo, The Procrastinator Most High Sage, et alia,

ego iubes ad hanc disputationem ex mortuis resurrexerit credent!

I am reviving this scroll as I would love to see reply tags. Is there any possibility of this happening, now that Candlekeep 2 appears to be shelved?

I know that a person can subscribe to to scrolls, but reply tags seem like they would be much, much better.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2020 :  02:47:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure you'd need this, cpthero2; there doesn't seem to be a discussion you've found that you didn't reply to.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2020 :  04:12:14  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

quote:
I'm not sure you'd need this, cpthero2; there doesn't seem to be a discussion you've found that you didn't reply to.

I am admittedly an active member here at the 'Keep . However, to dispel these seeming illusory efforts by the clergy of Baravar Cloakshadow, I do insist that I in some cases do not engage in scrolls, as I find nothing I wish to partake in, though admittedly it is rare.

That being said, the idea did come to mind, and after searching it out and finding this conversation, I came to discover others with the same outlook. In fact, I believe the validity in the request is found not so much with me (as you are right, I am quite active here), but rather with those who have periods of time they are absent and inactive, playing catchup:

quote:
What I mean is, some sites I frequent, if you make a reply to a scroll/thread, it gives you a little icon or notification mark of some kind on each scroll itself letting you know that you've replied somewhere within the body of the scroll. I can't tell you how many times I've returned to Candlekeep and I couldn't remember which scrolls I may have commented on to see if anyone commented on my comments. Heh. It'd be handy to be able to just look at the main list of scrolls and scroll down to find the ones we reply to. Thanks.

I really feel that could be helpful to people that don't frequent the 'Keep as often.

Just a suggestion though.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000