Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Neverwinter Guild
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gillies
Acolyte

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  16:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Gillies's Homepage Send Gillies a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey guys,

I was thinking we should run a Neverwinter guild when the game goes live. I would have no issue in helping run the guild. What are your thoughts?

Elen sķla lumenn' omentielvo.

Ozreth
Learned Scribe

188 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  08:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Ozreth's Homepage Send Ozreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I end up liking the game I'm in, especially if it's limited to CK members only :p
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  11:43:59  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting to be sure. But I ll have to see what the game is like first and whether its even released in India.
Aside from that count me in as well.
Go to Top of Page

Gillies
Acolyte

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  13:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Gillies's Homepage Send Gillies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I think to increase the numbers here, players we recruit in game need to make an account on Candlekeep. That we have traffic coming back to the site and it will provide us a way to show guildies more of Faerun beside Neverwinter.

Elen sķla lumenn' omentielvo.

Edited by - Gillies on 08 Dec 2012 13:36:37
Go to Top of Page

Ozreth
Learned Scribe

188 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  20:32:10  Show Profile  Visit Ozreth's Homepage Send Ozreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gillies

Well I think to increase the numbers here, players we recruit in game need to make an account on Candlekeep. That we have traffic coming back to the site and it will provide us a way to show guildies more of Faerun beside Neverwinter.

Exactly : )
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  18:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm downloading the client now. Bought the Guardian pack. My user name over at Neverwinter is Slynt which I use on like a gazillion forums except this one and, ah, one other where I also call myself Caladan Brood.
Anyway, a Candlekeep guild should have a proper name related to, well, Candlekeep ^^
Looking forward to this game, though I admit I bought the founder pack on a whim and if I had had my wits about me at the time I'd have reconsidered and waited for the actual game to release. Oh well.
Wish there was more to Realms PC gaming than Neverwinter, though. One can always hope for expansions so that in the end we could travel across all Faerūn. I'd like to invade Thay.

Edited by - Caladan Brood on 07 Feb 2013 18:50:59
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  16:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll likely be playing Neverwinter when it goes live and would welcome the opportunity to adventure with folks from Candlekeep.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  16:50:47  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like massive multiplayer games in general and I didn't like the presentation of this one in particular, so I guess I'm out. But -

quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

(...) Wish there was more to Realms PC gaming than Neverwinter, though. One can always hope for expansions so that in the end we could travel across all Faerūn. I'd like to invade Thay.

- There's much more to Realms PC gaming than Neverwinter. Including, despite the name, Neverwinter Nights (the "new" ones).

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  19:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mapolq

I don't like massive multiplayer games in general and I didn't like the presentation of this one in particular, so I guess I'm out. But -

quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

(...) Wish there was more to Realms PC gaming than Neverwinter, though. One can always hope for expansions so that in the end we could travel across all Faerūn. I'd like to invade Thay.

- There's much more to Realms PC gaming than Neverwinter. Including, despite the name, Neverwinter Nights (the "new" ones).

You are right, of course! I am actually playing NWN2 now, but I haven't gotten to the two or is it three expansions yet :) And now I'm sitting here ready for beta launch, fifteen minutes to go.

Think I'll try out a fighter type for the first time. We should definitely make a Candlekeep Guild though!
Go to Top of Page

doctorbadwolf
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  23:27:38  Show Profile Send doctorbadwolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If nothing else, the Foundry is a pretty awesome tool all by itself.
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  19:48:40  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am up for going the guild once they go live with Neverwinter. I have been a fan of MMO's for a few years now. Knowing how Perfect World International works, it will continuously try to produce bigger and better patches, updates, add-on, and so forth to keep people coming back. Even though Cryptic is producing the game, the same company that made Star Trek Online (Flop), I have high hopes for this game even for a free-to-play. By what I could tell from the graphics on the closed beta videos put out on YouTube, it has a World of Warcraft look to it with Dragons Nest gameplay but has the customization of a D&D tabletop game. I would also be happy to help run the guild if no one is opposed to it. I look forward to hopefully playing the game with you all on launch.

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  23:00:58  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we are serious about starting a guild for the Neverwinter MMO, then we need to start some type of charter. I can start on a rough draft and threw the site admin, we can get this really started and on the correct food. It seems to me that there would be a lot of enjoyment had by all if we all played together and accomplished quest and other game content collectively instead of individually, which tends to be hard once you get into the higher levels. The guild would consist of contributors to this website. And on top of that, we could grow our resources on knowledgeable recruits in order to further our understanding of the forgotten realms from outside eyes maybe. If you are interested, please feel free to respond to this post and I will start getting everything set up (i.e. charter, website, and ext.).

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  02:06:15  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
charter....

We love faerun longer then you have , and your not in our club. NANa..nanah frikken boo boo. ~ Candle Keep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  15:52:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First rule...

You have to have at least 9000 posts.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  05:02:58  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

First rule...

You have to have at least 9000 posts.

mmo rule # 1: where someone has to make an over 9000 reference atleast once an hour, or all the servers go down for maintenance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000