Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Bone Hill
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jengis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  15:43:10  Show Profile Send Jengis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all

A newbie here!

I was thinkinh of dusting off my old copy of Bone Hll, converting it to 3.5 and then dropping it into Faerun?

I DM'd alot in the North, Moonsea and The Dalelands.

Any suggestions to where somewhere different location I could use that would fit?

Any background to that are would also be great!

Thanks in advance!

Yospeck
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  16:36:16  Show Profile Send Yospeck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know anything about the adventure, but if it is undead then Thay might be a good choice.

Edited by - Yospeck on 18 Nov 2012 16:36:39
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  17:01:39  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bone Hill takes place on a coast, so anywhere would be good for that.

The first place I thought of though when I read your post was simply making it a small coastal village in Sembia.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  17:08:23  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Bone Hill, an excellent sandbox module for starting up a new campaign.

Lets see: How about at the far end of Sunset Vale allied to Berdusk, or on the trade way near Candlekeep near the sea, or at the south end of Khedruns Vale and therefore nominally allied to Silverymoon but far enough away that the 'big city' doesn't loom to large in the place?

I think it is easy to drop into any place within the Realms that is just on the 'border of the civilised place nearby' (The Baron of the Stonelands new hold just north of Gnoll Pass perhaps?)

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 18 Nov 2012 17:09:23
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  15:28:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just looked at the map - the eastern end of the Dragonmere seems ideal.

Depending on how close to civilization you want it, you could place it east of Suzail itself, down the coast a tad and in the foothills, right on the mouth of Tun River, or all the way over by the Bridge of fallen men (so the town would be at a widing of the river just before it turns north). You'd have to place Restenford no matter what.

Personally, I put Restenford right where you see Valkur's Roar on This Map. Thats a 4e locale, but presumably there was an independent town there before Cormyr annexed the entire area. It used to be called Redmist, but that is quasi-canonical and has never appeared on an official map as such, so you can go ahead and call it Restenford in the 1e/2e/3e era. You just have to say those rivers are so small they do not appear on the Faerūn map (along with all the other local terrain). Its far enough out of the way to still be believable, but yet still close enough to Cormyr proper so low-lev PCs won't have to worry about larger threats (much).

Edit: Then if you move unto L2 (The Assassin's Knot), you can place Garroten somewhere in the Grittstone Moorland.

EDIT2: It should be obvious, but then you can place L3 (Deep Dwarven Delve) in the area where those foothills meet the southern tip of the Stormhorns.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Nov 2012 15:51:34
Go to Top of Page

Jengis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  20:10:40  Show Profile Send Jengis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks some great Advice and ideas?

Markustay, is there any background on that area? or is it standard Cormyr stuff?
Go to Top of Page

Jengis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  07:26:36  Show Profile Send Jengis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had another thought- The Border Kingdoms on the the southern shores of the Lake of Steam or Lapa Liiya On the Southern Shores of the Shining Sea!

Both have not been used much in the campaigns and history (too much) of Faerun!

Is there anyone out there with any background or stories I can use/adapt please!

Jengis
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  20:12:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jengis

Thanks folks some great Advice and ideas?

Markustay, is there any background on that area? or is it standard Cormyr stuff?
It wasn't part of Cormyr in 1e/2e/3e, but it became part of Cormyr between 3e and 4e (and is now known as Valkur's rest). The information I got about it formally being Redmist was from a Neverwineter Nights game, and I am not sure if Brian was aware of that and giving the lore a nod, or if it was just by chance he happened to place the 4e locale where the non-canon VG material was located in earlier times.

THIS is some of the unofficial VG material, as well as THIS. Just google Redmist and Valkur's roar and you'll find a whole forum dedicated to the region (and those servers). I've already tried asking BRJ about it in his thread but he's yet to respond. As far as I know, there is nothing on Valkur's roar, and what little we have on Redmist is from the NWN guys. This is why it would be ideal for pasting the Lendore isle material onto that region.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Nov 2012 20:18:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000