Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Waterdeep - Buy a house
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  15:05:18  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met friends !

My players start wandering how many cost a house in Waterdeep ? For now, they're searching for a house or a building's floor to buy. (they wanted a 3 rooms' house).

They are read to buy or to rent it, but I have no idea of prices here. The property tax and the tax paid on residence must be horfull !

I know THE response for the prices is "when you, DM, judged it's the right price for them to have it" but if some of you could have some prices' ideas, it would be great help.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  15:30:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will direct you to the recent discussion on this:

Ownership of real estate in Waterdeep?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  17:36:29  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly (and thanks Steven) for this list ! I hadn't seen this topic.

Based on these prices et "typical houses", how many an inhabitant would ask to RENT a floor of a building A, B, C and D ?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  19:27:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Based on these prices et "typical houses", how many an inhabitant would ask to RENT a floor of a building A, B, C and D ?

This is just me, but I'd charge anywhere from .5% to 1% of the price of the space, as monthly rent. That's based mostly on my mortgage; obviously, location would affect this to perhaps as much as 3%-5% of the price of the space, for the better neighborhoods.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  22:46:04  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Class A: The Palace, Castle Waterdeep, other public structures (e.g. the Arena), Major Temples (including The Plinth), Noble Villas. These buildings are unique, generally large and grand.

Class B: Grand Houses (without grounds or walled gardens; villas always have such), Large Warehouses, prosperous businesses, Guildhalls. Buildings in this class have up to four storeys, and may have extensive cellars (usually connected to the sewers at some point). Most inns in the City fall into this class.

Class C: Row Buildings. This class describes the great majority of City buildings, of two or three storeys, and usually having shops on the ground floor, with offices above and apartments above that (or just apartments). This class includes most of the taverns and rooming houses in the City.

Class D: Lesser Buildings (hovels, sheds, small warehouses). This class consists of one-storey buildings, usually of wood, and are mainly found in Dock Ward, with a few in Southern Ward and The Trades Ward, and a handful in the part of the docks which lies in Castle Ward.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000