Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Torm and the Border Kingdoms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lothiangamer
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  14:07:36  Show Profile Send lothiangamer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,

Not posted very much at all on the forums here, but I am looking for any information regarding Torm and his Kingdom when he was a mortal.

It is meant to be in the area south of the Lake of Steam in the area now known as the border Kingdoms.

I am looking to start up a campaign with the idea of searching for the remains of Torm's kingdom. I can't see any official source mentioning anything about this kingdom apart from the single paragraph in Faiths and Pantheons.

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  18:13:48  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
only other source I know is Champions of Valor, under Chalsembyr's Heart
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  08:30:04  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lothian,

Check "Power of Faerun" 3rd edition, in there, is some information on the border kingdoms, not sure where though. I remember it to be in a section describing a certain kind of powerbase.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  10:50:40  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is an entire section in Power of Faerun for the Border Kingdoms towards the later part of the sourcebook. Also, Ed Greenwood detailed many articles on the same area. A Google search should bring them right now.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  14:17:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or you just click on the following URL:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/frbk

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  17:16:27  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh, the subject of one of my many unpublished (and unsolicited, and unwritten) Realms novels, Lion of Chalsembyr... it's a shame all I can do properly is titles, ain't it?
Go to Top of Page

lothiangamer
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  19:55:06  Show Profile Send lothiangamer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up,

I have already checked Power of Faerun and the WotC site for the Border Kingdoms article there is also a little bit of info in Champions of Valor as Quale mentioned, there is nothing that I can really find canon wise about the history of the area and of course Chalsembyr itself
I suppose I will have to do a bit of work of my own.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000