Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What Dwells in the wailing dwarf-City??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  19:57:21  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,

just collecting ideas, what do you guys think is living behind the naga-guardians in the former dwarven city behind the wailing dwarf monument??

I could imagine dome Derro / Duergar colony or city state, goblinoids are unlikely, at least not without stirring up a lot of attention.

Or a mixed assortment of powerful monsters sharing territories?

A Powerful Dragon, or maybe even a full colony of Nagas??

Looking forward to all of your suggestions / thoughts.

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  20:13:18  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wherever there are naga or yuan-ti, particularly if they're newly arrived, my first thought is awakening sarrukh. Not always accurate, but it's a starting point.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  21:13:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd connect the two.

Dwarven Yuan-ti variants.

Just the other day I came across smallish lizardfolk somewhere... maybe a Monstrous Compendium annual?

EDIT: Found them - the Varkha, from Monstrous Compendium Annual #4 (and also Dragon Annual #1). Also found them just now HERE.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Jun 2012 21:20:04
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  21:44:09  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poison dusk lizardfolk from MM3 are also small. I guess they're from Eberron, but there's nothin saying they have to stay there. In fact, since they're in the MM3 and not an Eberron book, I'd say they're not just there.

But varkha are specifically mentioned in Realms books (Drizzt's Guide, at least) so they definitely work.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 29 Jun 2012 21:46:22
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  22:18:15  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trolls from Stommheim under Derro influence and guided by Diinkarazan (or was it Diirrinka). A0t least that was the situation in pre 4e times
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2012 :  14:52:02  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Trolls from Stommheim under Derro influence and guided by Diinkarazan (or was it Diirrinka). A0t least that was the situation in pre 4e times

Well, Diirinka tends to have more divine influence on Derro. Last I heard, Diinkarazan was practically stricken from mortal worship and only exists as a completely insane Outsider imprisoned in the Abyss by Ilsensine that only goes on witless killing sprees when he occasionally finds himself on the Prime Material Plane. Granted, this knowledge comes from my copy of the 2nd Ed. Core D&D book Monster Mythology. I've yet to encounter any information on Diinkarazan in official Realmslore, and I've only found a scratch of information on Diirinka in the Realms.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000