Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Spell that makes automatic threat
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  22:09:44  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi as written above, I am loking for the spell which makes, when cast, the next attack with a melee wep an automatic threat if it hits or so.

shouldbe level 1-2 spell, but could not find it in the spell compendium.
any help appraciated.

thanks guys, and a happy new year to you!

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  23:35:51  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True Strike, PHB. Gain a +20 to the next attack roll the target makes.
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  01:39:44  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, i know THIS spell......

but there is another one around, which does not add to attack roll, but makes the next successful melee attack an automatic threat, maybe besides other effects.
Go to Top of Page

Mystic Lemur
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  03:42:57  Show Profile Send Mystic Lemur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sense Weakness is a Clr2 Sor/Wiz2 spell from Magic of Eberron that lets you automatically confirm a critical hit. Is that what you're looking for?

"What mattered our lives now, when our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring." -A review of the FRCG ;)
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  13:44:26  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi Mystic, almost!! but I am looking for the spell that gerates the threat, not confirms it;) but thx!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  14:31:55  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well there's Keen (PHB) that increases a threat range and there is also one for Blunt weapnos (can't remember, but I think it's in the SC). As for generating critical threats, can't really see WotC putting out such a spell. This doesn't rule out 3PP, but I'm going by the fact that a spell increasing the threat range is 3rd level, I'd have to assume automatically generating crit-threats has to be higher.

There is a 1st level Assassin spell, Critical Strike: For 1 round you gain +1d6 damage, doubled threat range, and +4 on attack rolls to confirm critical hits. OR Bless Weapon automatically confirms critical threats against evil creaturs.

I think that pretty much covers Critical Attacks/Threats spells in 3E

Edited by - Diffan on 31 Dec 2011 14:36:01
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  08:40:30  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closest one I can think of is Hunter's Mercy, but that's ranged
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000