Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 What is the coolest weapon in Baldurs Gate 2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  23:59:57  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never liked engadgind the opponent in a Fair fight... ^^ I'd rather stay safely behind my summons, or within my Tiem Stop Spell, and cast spells at 'im from there.

Most Honourable Elf (Note no "'s)

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:06:26  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the mage tacktic was the one I used to when I played woth a drow mage dual vielding two daggers, cool really. But my last cahrackter couldent even cast magic missile.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:25:55  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dual-Vielding two daggers isn't exactly too bright (no pun intended).
You do, ofcourse, understand that Mages have sucky THAC0, and when Dual-vielding without mastery it becomes even suckyer.

No. Stay with the Quarter STaffs, and a Nice Little Crossbow. (For all you Fighter/Mages out there)

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

Dual-Vielding two daggers isn't exactly too bright (no pun intended).
You do, ofcourse, understand that Mages have sucky THAC0, and when Dual-vielding without mastery it becomes even suckyer.

No. Stay with the Quarter STaffs, and a Nice Little Crossbow. (For all you Fighter/Mages out there)

I't was really just for apperance, I mean who would use a quarter staff to hit you enemies when you can stopp the time and trow a comet in their head?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:30:21  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But who would be silly enough to waste comets on Hobgoblins?

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okey, with hobgolins I just wave my hand(Death spell) and they all fall to the ground, death of course.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:39:12  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've actually NEVER used that sepll... don't trust "Save Vs."-spells. I'm more into DIRECT-DAMAGE ones.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:51:12  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It kicks ass, you cant mean you havent felt the blowing winds of 50 goblins falling to the groun at the same time?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  17:09:53  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW; forgotten one! 13,4 posts per day!!!? You do drugs or summat? As I always have said, Ezindir: dual-wielding causes BAD THAC0 and you can't really say that two knives (or is knife called knifes in plural form? Hmmm, does anyone know? A good example on the problem: DWARF - dwarfs; not dwarves but in ELF - elves; not elfs it is the other way round) look better than a staff on a wizard. All wizards uses staffs(or is it staves?), so it is written in the original fantasy tale: Lord of the Rings.

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.

Edited by - mr.lee on 19 Jan 2004 17:22:29
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  17:13:49  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But Gandalf uses a sword , and yes, No offesnse alaundo, using staffes to fight with is not good and unoriginal. But most wizards just use staffes to lean on not too fight with, this is becouse they use somthing that is called magic, got it?

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 19 Jan 2004 17:20:19
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  17:57:18  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did you lean on your knives?

quote:
WOW; forgotten one! 13,4 posts per day!!!? You do drugs or summat?

2 reasons: One
I don't wanna be forgotten. (hehe)
Two:
I've never had anyone to talk about (A)D&D with before. I've got alot on my mind!

Edited by - EcThelion on 19 Jan 2004 17:58:51
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  19:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten one: I did not lean on my knives since I was a young mage totally able to stand on my own legs.
And you having 13,4 post each days says pretty much about kristiansand dosetn it?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  20:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I would just let my magic do the work, but as for weapons, I equipped the Staff of the Magi.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  20:53:53  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My character is quite able-bodied in Close-quarters as well. Check out his stats... err... can't remember wich tpic... oh u'll find it eventually ^^

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've already seen them, and I believe my sorcerer can top your mage........
I'll need to post his stats......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:40:24  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You do that, and we shall see.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  16:22:51  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wohaha! It's been several days now and your cowarly Sorcerar has yet to show his filthy hide! You are both afraid!

WOhahahahahaha!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  02:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ONE STAFF TO RULE THEM ALL.
STAFF OF THE (GLORIOUS) MAGI!
SO MUCH PROTECTION!!!
It looks cool and you can turn invisible whenever you want. PROTect from evil, cast cool spells with it and also get some free ac!!
THis is what all mages need, wait, no, then I wouldn't be the best anymore!!
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  10:11:45  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've already proclaimed that.

(Shadowlord; I laugh at your puny, insignificany and, apparently, unexisting, sorcerer)

Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  03:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
man..i played through the whole game doing everything and its gotta be the Holy Avenger+5 equip that to Keldorn and him and Minsc on the frontline will do some definate "butt kicking for goodness"

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  13:14:16  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the Cooles weapon(s) are:
The Staff of the Magi
The Flail of Ages
Carsonmyr

And the Celestial Fury is really ownage, too. Blackrose, or razor, or whatever, isn't worth it :P

Long Swords suck, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  14:26:29  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Celestial fury, definetly.
It is the only good katana on BG2 and therefor one of the best weapons. Equip that on a kensai...
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  14:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Narad, Hindos doom is the better.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  14:04:44  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know, I have that on my kensai.
I just thought that we were talking about BG2 not ToB
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  17:01:28  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you can get Hindus doom in BG 2 you know. If you have ToB installed.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  18:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, you know what I mean!
Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  20:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

And I even figured out how to make him do cool '3D'-effects while casting his spells (In real Irenicus-Style! I can actually make fires erupt on the ground underneath him when he starts casting the spell, and then the target is hit the skreen shakes, and blood and gore flys everywhere! You've got to love it!!!)

Ehhh, how did you figure out how to do that?
I always thought it was unfair how there was no casting cost for Irenicus and how he turned even healing spell VFX into like bomb spells and blow ups. lol
How do you do it?
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2004 :  22:18:44  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got talent, my good man :P

No, seriously, I just downloaded some 'editors' from www.teamBG.net (wonder what BG stands for...) I took a while to figure out how, but I managed to do it in the ennd. Check out their site.

Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2004 :  12:34:27  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thankyou!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000