Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Facebook: Heroes of Neverwinter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2011 :  18:03:19  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I stumbled upon this review:
http://www.maroonersrock.com/2011/06/e3-2011-dungeons-dragons-heroes-of-neverwinter/

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2011 :  17:35:29  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I've never played it or anything, but I've heard many mixed reviews for this game.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2011 :  13:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've played the game for about a week now, and I have to say it's pretty fun for a facebook game. Too bad most of my friends don't play it so I have to spend my hard earned gold on hiring characters.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  02:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a free game its allright. Im playing it strictly since its FR. Some bugs but its a Beta. Sometimes very difficult game also.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  23:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got 4 characters to lvl 10...and then, end of the line...and dungeon building, with you having to purchase different monsters for the currency which in turn you have to buy...err...no. Bottom line, at the end, there isn't much to do

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2011 :  01:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Got 4 characters to lvl 10...and then, end of the line...and dungeon building, with you having to purchase different monsters for the currency which in turn you have to buy...err...no. Bottom line, at the end, there isn't much to do

Well a game with an end...makes it easier to play through the whole thing and be done with it I guess.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  16:06:02  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is not a bad game for Facebook for fans of either FR or D&D. I do agree that it does get boring at time and also difficult if you don’t pick the right characters. Plus the ability to check out all of the characters profile before purchasing there help is aggravating due to not having the ability to look at their ability scores. Maybe, if anyone would like to, we could befriend each other to have friend to hire for help.

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000