Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Gay marriage...Continuation, if I may?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2011 :  17:16:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Delete Topic
No more RW comparison this time, please.

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis

I watched the Korean film A Frozen Flower that tells the story of a homosexual king who fell in love with one of his warrior-guards. The king could not bear to copulate with his wife, and instead asked his "lover" to do it with the queen, so the dynasty would be preserved. And following that is disaster after disaster...

I wonder, what would happen should one of the kings in Faerun happen to be gay? Would he do what the aforementioned king did to safeguard the throne, or would he denounce his "inclination"? But I guess depending on how open-minded the kingdom is, the king could just keep a number of male lovers [instead of concubines] and a wife. But that still leaves one issue: marriage. Can the king marry both his male lover and the woman chosen by the Council?

quote:

Originally posted by Xar Zarath

And to the whole gay king thing, i think the king could marry a guy, but out of obligation he would have to sire a child to continue his line, so maybe it will be the whole consort thing, it be funny though if it were like henry the eight and gay warrior guard like anne boleyn.

A gay king would no longer find it necessary to have a wife [to produce an heir] if intends to rule forever, via life-prolonging spells or wish spells cast by his Royal Wizard. That kind of king is more predisposed to engage in open gay marriage.

Every beginning has an end.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36800 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2011 :  18:18:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Sorry, but some scribes proved unwilling to separate the Realms from the real-world, in the previous version of this thread, despite repeated warnings about that. I don't see what's going to keep that from happening again.

We'll reopen the original thread, sooner or later, but for now, I've got to close this thread. I'm sorry, because it was a worthy discussion before it was willfully disrupted.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31744 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2011 :  03:09:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed. And I'll just add that newly created topics which seek to re-open such previously sealed discussions should, at the very least, be discussed with a Moderator before being opened.

Then, at least, we can work together toward ensuring that such topics remain strictly about the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000