Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 So what is the real CR for the Terrasque?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2011 :  01:58:17  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I just finished resizing the big T
down to medium and large size, and I still
think each of these are in the 15+ CR rating.
Isn't the statted beast as is too low for all
its special abilities?

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2011 :  02:32:08  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what version you are using, however unless you did major revision to the monster its CR appears to be in the range of 55 to 70, due to hit dice and special abilities. The big T is harder to kill then an avatar of a deity.

49+ HD (Colossal)

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2011 :  03:50:43  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just the 3.5 MM1 version. I look at all the special
abilities and the epic weapon DR and think
CR 20 is far too low.
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2011 :  05:35:43  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Just the 3.5 MM1 version. I look at all the special
abilities and the epic weapon DR and think
CR 20 is far too low.

It's lower than 20. A party will have the resources to kill it by the time they reach 17th level. Earlier, if they can get their hands on a Wish from something.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2011 :  22:38:05  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes its CR is too high because it has a lot of limitations. For example it can't reach a party who has access to flight.

Edited by - _Jarlaxle_ on 25 Apr 2011 22:38:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000