Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Masquerades (Harpers book 10)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  20:19:56  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just finished reading Masquerades......... WOW! What an excellent novel!! This seems to have been pushed into the background for some reason, it should be praised so highly! The story is excellent and the atmosphere, characters and writing style are beautifully done. I was really drawn in by the story and could hardly put the book down.

Shame that the characters have no continuing story in other novels from this point

Any views\ratings?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  04:25:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the one set in Westgate isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  11:46:19  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah thats the one. Featuring the Night Masks and Alias, Dragonbait etc.

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  16:01:04  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Yeah thats the one. Featuring the Night Masks and Alias, Dragonbait etc.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Whatever happened to Alias and crew once 3e or 3.5e rolled around?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  23:23:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Whatever happened to Alias and crew once 3e or 3.5e rolled around?

I believe that after Masquerades that nothing else was heard of them Well, those that we left after Masquerades anyway

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  19:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
after Masquerades Grubbs and Novak went on to Joel and Finder in the Finder's Bane and Tymora's luck... unfortunately i don't recall anything else since, other than working on 3Ed game products...

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  20:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zacas

after Masquerades Grubbs and Novak went on to Joel and Finder in the Finder's Bane and Tymora's luck... unfortunately i don't recall anything else since, other than working on 3Ed game products...

Thanks Zacas. Is Finders Bane any good? Do any of the characters from Masquerades appear in the novel?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  05:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been years since i last read it (read it after i read Finder's Stone Trilogy, then Masquerades...) TO me FInder's Bane and Tymora's Luck were sequels from the FInder's Stone Trilogy and Masquerades, even tho it only dealt with Finder Wyvernspur after his ascension to Demigod/godhood... the two novels have nothing to do with Alias, Dragonbait, etc... unfortunately...

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2003 :  02:00:54  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been ages since I've read Masquerades but I'd have to agree with you Rad, it is a good book. Too bad I can't remember what its about... well have to catch up with some reading there.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Enagonios
Acolyte

Philippines
9 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  05:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Enagonios's Homepage Send Enagonios a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finder's Bane shows Grypht briefly and makes numerous references to alias and co. i think that its definitely worth picking up. not only was the story interesting but it takes place in other realms as well such as where the shou and illithid gods reside. its pretty good. masquerades was excellent but it had a pretty predictable ending

"I can't die young. I have a feeling the people of earth are gonna need me." -Marco from Road Trip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000