Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A question (or two)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  23:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello to all. I'm a long time reader of FR novels, but in the last couple of years my time has been taken up with more boring tasks.
I'm getting back into reading FR novels again and I have a couple of questions.-

Which gods have survived the (what a joke) spellplague?

Can you recommend any of these 4ed novels?

Which idiot has turned my beloved realms upside down?

Mod Edit: Shifted to a more appropriate shelf.

Edited by - The Sage on 29 Jan 2011 23:26:27

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  03:54:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

Nice!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 30 Jan 2011 03:56:37
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  17:04:41  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lolth is still around although the drow pantheon has been badly hit.mystra was killed by shar and cyric.and i think tyr killed helm.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  18:50:25  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would recommend all of the 4ed novels i've read so far. Mistshore was good, and i hear the other novels in Ed Presents Waterdeep series is good too, the Blades of the Moonsea was terrific, Gauntlgrym was epic, El must die was wonderful. There are a couple more 4 edition novels out, but alas, i have not read them yet, but i will. I am particularly interested in reading the Chosen of Nendawen trilogy by Mr Sehestedt.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  21:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:

Nice!

sorry but I was a bit shocked and upset

I've read ed's latest and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with it. Apart from a couple of chapters the book felt rather lame. It seems that wotc are having to listen to those who don't like the 4ed, i.e bringing back old characters to lure the dissenters back into the fold.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  10:03:57  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Paul S. Kemp's The Twilight War trilogy and Richard Lee Byers's The Haunted Lands trilogy.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  10:26:37  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:

Paul S. Kemp's The Twilight War trilogy and Richard Lee Byers's The Haunted Lands trilogy.

The Twilight War trilogy is not set in post spell plague, merely the last 3 or 4 pages in the last book is. The last book in Byer's Haunted lands trilogy however, is set post spellplague, the first two is set pre spellplague.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  10:39:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you're done, Arcanus, with the HL series, grab The Brotherhood of the Griffon trilogy next. The third book is yet to be released this year.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  17:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I read the first cale trilogy a while ago and loved it, the next three are on order. I've ordered the haunted lands trilogy as well, so I should be busy for a while. I'll check out the The Brotherhood of the Griffon.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  18:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Brotherhood of the Griffon is soon to be mine too!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000