Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 15 Nightal 1374
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowaxe
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  09:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Shadowaxe's Homepage Send Shadowaxe a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello friendly Realms folk,

I have used the search function, so I hope I am not retracing old steps for you all. But I would like to learn more about that dreaded night on 15 Nightal 1374, when the slimy Sharran Assassins broke into El’s tower and stole the Ebon Diadem. I understand what happened and that the consequent struggle destroyed the Tower and El’s contingency spells kicked in and whisked him away, but I wondered if this event had been recorded in a novel/short story? And if so, which?

Your time is appreciated, thank ye.

Mead, mead, from the honey bee,
How I long to drink thee.

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  23:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To my knowledge, it hasn't appeared in any novels. It does show up as background information for the 3.5 Adventure Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land, specifically on page 4.

Sadly, this too is written from a historical perspective; I doubt that given the jump ahead to the post-Spellplague Realms, that we'll see such an event dramatized at this point in the game. T_T

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  00:52:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daviot has the right of it. The Shadowdale module is largely the only source to cover this particular event.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7981 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  03:52:41  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can freely download a watermarked sample of Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land ... it's only the first 6 pages, but that includes all the material written about the Ebon Diadem (on page 4).

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Shadowaxe
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  17:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Shadowaxe's Homepage Send Shadowaxe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, much appreciated. I did wonder as much, I just thought such a major event in the whole scheme of things relating to El, in my opinion, would have been covered - it just felt like I was missing soemthing. At least I can put my mind at rest.
TTFN.

Mead, mead, from the honey bee,
How I long to drink thee.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000