Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham [II]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  18:42:12  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Third in the line of 17!!!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  20:41:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because you un-subscribed from the other thread, I am going to quote myself from there, in regards to the novella you mentioned concerning NOT planting the Tree of Souls.
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I think Elaine should still write that story, albeit an abbreviated version of it, and have it a Dragon article. That's the kinds of things I want to see - I want explanations when things 'get weird'. On the other hand, a full book about what happened (the events in GHotR are tantalizing) would be very cool, and still VERY do-able. If a novel were written about Lamruil, he could have 'flash-backs' (the way Ed does with Elminster, or Steven did with the Khelben novels) of those times a century ago - it could easily tie into a current (post-plague) story wherein Lamruil is still searching for his 'lost love'.

Just give him Danillo as part of his 'epic party' (a'la Jason and the Argonaughts), and maybe a couple of other 'big names' from the past, and it would be pure win.
What about it?

Doesn't that sound 'uber'? There are a huge number of secondary characters in The Realms you could use for such an 'epic quest'. In fact, I'm thinking 5-part series with different authors, all of whom feature one of their 'pet' characters (I would love for RAS to include Kane, or maybe Artemis). Think about it - they could travel all over the Realms, looking for clues, and old and new fans alike would get to see parts of the new world detailed - its really win-win, IMHO. A real classic 'last hurrah' for some old characters, in the true tradition of D&D adventuring.
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Oh that's a shame. I must admit, I've been half looking forward to it. Please let us know it if ever gets moving again.



I will, and thanks for asking.

The historical mystery project made sense for a lot of reasons, but since my audience (all 17 of you....) are fantasy readers, it made more sense to concentrate on creating a fantasy setting of my own. That's the next project. More info coming soon.



Oooh, my interest is officially piqued!

Ditto.

Although I would love to see a world that you and Ed share-in-the-making, I also know what it means to an author to create a successful IP of their own (something I am currently struggling to do myself).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone


Edited by - Markustay on 06 Apr 2011 20:46:38
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  20:53:23  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
Although I would love to see a world that you and Ed share-in-the-making, I also know what it means to an author to create a successful IP of their own (something I am currently struggling to do myself).


As much as I love Ed and respect his work, it is long, long past time for me to create something of my own.

The desire for control has become very important to me. I've watched with interest the developments in e-books, and after a great deal of consideration decided to publish this story as an "e-riginal" fantasy series.

I'm determined that Honor Among Thieves, the first book, will be as polished as anything I've published with a traditional publisher. I have terrific first readers, and I've hired an editor to do the final pass and proof. The art should be finished this weeks. Early drafts are wonderful.

At this point, I don't have a lot more news and would prefer not to spend much time at Candlekeep discussing it. As soon as the new website is up, I'll post a link. Any questions and comments about the Starsinger Tales can be directed there.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  16:15:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
Although I would love to see a world that you and Ed share-in-the-making, I also know what it means to an author to create a successful IP of their own (something I am currently struggling to do myself).


As much as I love Ed and respect his work, it is long, long past time for me to create something of my own.

The desire for control has become very important to me. I've watched with interest the developments in e-books, and after a great deal of consideration decided to publish this story as an "e-riginal" fantasy series.

I'm determined that Honor Among Thieves, the first book, will be as polished as anything I've published with a traditional publisher. I have terrific first readers, and I've hired an editor to do the final pass and proof. The art should be finished this weeks. Early drafts are wonderful.

At this point, I don't have a lot more news and would prefer not to spend much time at Candlekeep discussing it. As soon as the new website is up, I'll post a link. Any questions and comments about the Starsinger Tales can be directed there.



I'm very excited by this news. It's great to see one of my very favorite fantasy(or any genre) authors on the cutting edge with
e-riginal works!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  16:18:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
Although I would love to see a world that you and Ed share-in-the-making, I also know what it means to an author to create a successful IP of their own (something I am currently struggling to do myself).


As much as I love Ed and respect his work, it is long, long past time for me to create something of my own.

The desire for control has become very important to me. I've watched with interest the developments in e-books, and after a great deal of consideration decided to publish this story as an "e-riginal" fantasy series.

I'm determined that Honor Among Thieves, the first book, will be as polished as anything I've published with a traditional publisher. I have terrific first readers, and I've hired an editor to do the final pass and proof. The art should be finished this weeks. Early drafts are wonderful.

At this point, I don't have a lot more news and would prefer not to spend much time at Candlekeep discussing it. As soon as the new website is up, I'll post a link. Any questions and comments about the Starsinger Tales can be directed there.



I'm very excited by this news. It's great to see one of my very favorite fantasy(or any genre) authors on the cutting edge with
e-riginal works!

P.S. Especially with a few publishers now charging a bit more for an e-book verision of new releases that Hardcover versions. I'm quite curious too see what your pricing stratgey/price point will be.


A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  18:58:32  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
P.S. Especially with a few publishers now charging a bit more for an e-book verision of new releases that Hardcover versions. I'm quite curious too see what your pricing stratgey/price point will be.



It's a short novel--about 50,000 words, a length that traditional publishing usually doesn't deal with.

For a number of reasons, $2.99 seems to be the ideal price point. Less-than-a-latte pricing will, I hope, prompt people to take a chance on the series. And I hope the first book will convince them to buy the second and third at the same price.

We'll see.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  20:37:13  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
P.S. Especially with a few publishers now charging a bit more for an e-book verision of new releases that Hardcover versions. I'm quite curious too see what your pricing stratgey/price point will be.



It's a short novel--about 50,000 words, a length that traditional publishing usually doesn't deal with.

For a number of reasons, $2.99 seems to be the ideal price point. Less-than-a-latte pricing will, I hope, prompt people to take a chance on the series. And I hope the first book will convince them to buy the second and third at the same price.

We'll see.





I'd gladly drop $20 for a charter subscription

P.S. and easily pay $2.99 per tome.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  22:39:14  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Oh that's a shame. I must admit, I've been half looking forward to it. Please let us know it if ever gets moving again.



I will, and thanks for asking.

The historical mystery project made sense for a lot of reasons, but since my audience (all 17 of you....) are fantasy readers, it made more sense to concentrate on creating a fantasy setting of my own. That's the next project. More info coming soon.



Sounds great. Certainly given me something else to look forward too.

Oh and I'm sure we'll respect your whishes and not pester you too much about it, while you're trying to get on. But don't forget, a little shameless self promotion never hurts! I doubt anyone here is going to complain!
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
823 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  20:25:52  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Elaine. I was just wondering if you ever watched the show "Castle"

Good lord, my first thought when I started watching that show was that Castle and Beckett are a near match for Danilo and Arylin haha.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  20:53:54  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Hey Elaine. I was just wondering if you ever watched the show "Castle"

Good lord, my first thought when I started watching that show was that Castle and Beckett are a near match for Danilo and Arylin haha.



I very seldom watch TV. I only saw one episdoe of "Castle," so I'm not in a position to agree or disagree with your comparison.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  23:53:20  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be one of those seventeen folks lining up to see your new e-riginal work. In fact, I can't WAIT!!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  23:58:58  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll read anything you write, Elaine. In fact, I pretty much have. I'm about to start the series of shorts you wrote for the PF Legacy of Fire. Anything I should know?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out


Edited by - Fellfire on 11 Apr 2011 00:12:40
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  00:26:07  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the sample chapter from Winter Witch, and loved it. Wish I had the $$ to get it!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  01:19:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Castle has the same dynamic as Moonlighting did.

Just in case you remember that show.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  01:58:27  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I do. Which tells you how old I am- I still remember Mork and Mindy......

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  05:00:06  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nano nano!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3275 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  05:42:43  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I read the sample chapter from Winter Witch, and loved it. Wish I had the $$ to get it!


It is a great novel!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
823 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  07:32:25  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Hey Elaine. I was just wondering if you ever watched the show "Castle"

Good lord, my first thought when I started watching that show was that Castle and Beckett are a near match for Danilo and Arylin haha.



I very seldom watch TV. I only saw one episdoe of "Castle," so I'm not in a position to agree or disagree with your comparison.


Well you should haha. At least season 1 for a few
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  13:09:16  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

I'm about to start the series of shorts you wrote for the PF Legacy of Fire. Anything I should know?



You don't need a knowledge of the Pathfinder setting in order to follow the story. Some of the setting conventions are a little different from D&D--for example, druids can have a companion animal OR an affinity to one of the elements--but anyone familiar with the Realms should feel quite comfortably at home in Golarion.

Channa Ti is a water druid, a half-elf who doesn't much like elves. Her heritage is unusual: her mother was a human from Geb (with racial characteristics similar to the Masaii) and her father an elf from the Mwangi Expanse.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  13:10:29  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I read the sample chapter from Winter Witch, and loved it. Wish I had the $$ to get it!


It is a great novel!



Thank you kindly, sir.

I should point out that Dave Gross wrote about half the novel, and I will pass along your kind words to him.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  15:21:45  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Thank you kindly, sir.

I should point out that Dave Gross wrote about half the novel, and I will pass along your kind words to him.
Do you mind expounding on how that came to be (either here or in a note on Facebook)? I enjoyed the book (and Dave's first pathfinder novel, Prince of Wolves), but the fact that you where one of the first Pathfinder Tales authors is part of the reason I am a subscriber. And then when I learned that you wrote only part of the book, I was (and am) confused. (Note: I am not at all upset that I am a subscriber to the Pathfinder Tales novels, or I would have ended my subscription by now. All three novels so far have been excellent.)

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  15:25:16  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Thank you kindly, sir.

I should point out that Dave Gross wrote about half the novel, and I will pass along your kind words to him.
Do you mind expounding on how that came to be (either here or in a note on Facebook)? I enjoyed the book (and Dave's first pathfinder novel, Prince of Wolves), but the fact that you where one of the first Pathfinder Tales authors is part of the reason I am a subscriber. And then when I learned that you wrote only part of the book, I was (and am) confused. (Note: I am not at all upset that I am a subscriber to the Pathfinder Tales novels, or I would have ended my subscription by now. All three novels so far have been excellent.)



There's really not much to add. I needed help finishing the book by deadline, and Dave had the time and expertise needed to do it. The book went out under my by-line because that's how it was initially sold/promoted.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  17:23:24  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

There's really not much to add. I needed help finishing the book by deadline, and Dave had the time and expertise needed to do it. The book went out under my by-line because that's how it was initially sold/promoted.
Ok. Simple enough. Thanks! =)

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  13:39:40  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"The Illusionist," a short story in the Pathfinder setting, was posted on the Paizo website yesterday as free web fiction. This tale takes place several years before the events of WINTER WITCH, and sheds some light on a couple of unsavory characters mentioned in the novel.

Here's a link:

http://paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=paizo&tab=tales
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  03:11:47  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good! I haven't read Winter Witch, but the short story is a wonder in its own!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  03:32:52  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Glad to hear you enjoyed the tale. :)
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  12:28:17  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G'day Elaine...I too am greatly looking forward to your works...non realms related...but right now I have a question about an older work...in this passage "In victory, they were defeated.
The elves of Tintageer—at least, those few who had survived the long siege, the battle that
followed, and the horrendous magical cataclysm that ended it—clung to each other and watched as
the last few invading ships were torn to driftwood by the raging sea. Not a single enemy remained
on their island." from your novel....who was attacking Tintageer and why???? did you ever have this detail planned or was it never really part of the plot?

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  13:28:08  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snowblood

G'day Elaine...I too am greatly looking forward to your works...non realms related...but right now I have a question about an older work...in this passage "In victory, they were defeated.
The elves of Tintageer—at least, those few who had survived the long siege, the battle that
followed, and the horrendous magical cataclysm that ended it—clung to each other and watched as
the last few invading ships were torn to driftwood by the raging sea. Not a single enemy remained
on their island." from your novel....who was attacking Tintageer and why???? did you ever have this detail planned or was it never really part of the plot?




When extensive back story is implied, I usually have a fairly solid story in mind.

That said, the incident you mentioned was never intended to be part of the plot. The story focuses primarily on the Moonflower family and how they came to rule Evermeet. The legend recounted in EVERMEET jumps into the story en media res, which struck me as the best place to start.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 20 Apr 2011 13:28:48
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  13:52:44  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what I thought....but on that....do you have any back story about Tintageer or Sharlario Moonflower that you could recall and/or share with us mere mortal diehard fans....pretty please with sprinkles on top? :-)

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  15:05:39  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I really can't.

Generally speaking, I don't post anything that hasn't been approved and published by WotC. IMO, Ed Greenwood is the only FR author who can post unauthorized lore, simply because anything he say IS canon unless/until it's contradicted by something WotC published. For the rest of us, going off the reservation and posting bits and pieces of unapproved lore muddies the waters, and is best avoided.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000