Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham [II]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2016 :  15:48:27  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham
Unfortunately, I don't recall the particulars in enough detail to provide a useful answer. (...)


OK, Mrs. Cunningham, I'll try to figure it by re-reading the novels. But I think you can help me with this: if the equinox is in 21 Eleint (September) and Arilyn is in Tethyr more than a tenday after the end of the novel events in 29 Eleint, how early could be the first festivals? Maybe in early Eleasias (August)? I've found references to real world harvest festivals in Aug 1 and in Aug 15... Do you think those are plausible dates?



Festival days in Faerun tend to fall at the change of the month, so the first of Eleasias would be a reasonable time for a summer harvest festival.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2016 :  11:18:43  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham
Festival days in Faerun tend to fall at the change of the month, so the first of Eleasias would be a reasonable time for a summer harvest festival.


Thank you once again, this bit of info helped me a lot!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  11:39:33  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Today's "Monday morning musings" post on www.elainecunningham.com discusses fantasy art an invokes the Three Patron Saints of Elvenboobs. Seriously, how can you NOT read that? ;)



I want to, but I can't find it

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  13:20:14  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aureus

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Today's "Monday morning musings" post on www.elainecunningham.com discusses fantasy art an invokes the Three Patron Saints of Elvenboobs. Seriously, how can you NOT read that? ;)



I want to, but I can't find it



Heh. That was posted quite a while back. I think I deleted it, but I'll check.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  13:58:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My search fu lead me to a target date of August 1, 2011; I then hopped over to the Internet Archive and was soon looking at the relevant entry. I copied the formatting, but not the hyperlinks.


quote:
I’m still a few weeks away from posting Monday morning excerpts of Honor Bound. If you haven’t read Honor Among Thieves yet, you still have most of August before you run face-first into serious spoilers. At 35,000 words and $.99, Honor Among Thieves doesn’t make unreasonable demands on your summer budget or schedule. In fact, you can probably read the whole thing at the beach before your sunscreen hits the wall.

Today’s topic: Boobs.

Fantasy characters, in my opinion, are too generously endowed. I’ve been fighting this battle for years. Every time I write up art notes, I specify an A cup maximum for elves and a B for humans. Not that anyone listens. On the cover of Realms of Valor, the half-elf fighter Arilyn Moonblade is sporting porn star knockers under her unlaced shirt. But hey–Clyde Caldwell, the go-to guy when you need a cover for a book entitled, and I kid you not, Fangs for the Mammaries.

Artist Fred Fields was almost as generous in his rather zaftig portrayal of Arilyn on the first edition of Silver Shadows. When I saw the cover, I called my editor, the late Brian Thomsen, and observed, “Arilyn fights with a two-handed grip. Those puppies are going to make it difficult for her to pick up a sword, much less swing it.” His response was classic Brian: “Well, there’s a lot of magic in the Realms. They’re probably retractable.”

I wish fantasy artists would take into consideration what these characters have to do. In good design, form follows function. Consider, if you will, the busty archer. Now, take a moment to do this little exercise: Extend your left hand as if holding a longbow, then pull back the invisible string with your right hand, as far as you can go. Now look down at your chest and calculate the clearance. Oops. Suddenly putting a Victoria’s Secret model in elven archer garb doesn’t look like such a brilliant plan.

I’ve found that one of the best ways to get an artist to think in terms of reasonable boobage is to start with a visual reference: Kate Beckinsale, Evangeline Lily, Olivia Wilde. Invoking the Three Patron Saints of Elvenboobs inspired this much better representation of Arilyn.

One of the fun aspects of working on an independent series is being about to kick around art ideas with the illustrator. I thought my double-D days were over. Turns out it’s not as easy as I’d hoped.

Rainfeather Pearl is a digital artist who starts with a basic morph. I’m pretty new to 3D art, but I’ve observed that female characters tend to have Angelina Jolie lips and Jessica Rabbit boobs. Whittling the Girls down to a reasonable size can be difficult. Same goes for outfits, most of which are little more than fabric/leather/steel picture frames to showcase… you guessed it. But Rain is currently working on the cover for Honor Bound, as well as a portrait of Vishni, and she’s fighting the good fight against excessive boobage. In the near future, the world will be richer by one portrait of an elf who can actually swing a sword, and one fairy who is not aerodynamically improbable.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  15:56:43  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That. Is. Hilarious.

(Hilarious of the "it's funny 'cause it's true" variety).

Edited by - Thauramarth on 20 Jan 2016 15:57:12
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  16:20:27  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for finding that, Woolly.

The two ebooks it mentions have been removed from print. I hope to revise and republish them during 2016. And yes, any cover art will fight the good fight against excessive boobage.
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2016 :  20:28:48  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much

While I can live with the fact that art and fiction are for the most part exageration and condensation of the real world, the irony is, by giving every (female) character more or lest the same physique that would make most pornstars envious, it would also make them look prety much the same, which is boring to say the least. How is the character suposed to stand out, if they look the same as the others.
To put it into perspective:
The cutest woman I ever saw was a scrawny, insecure, pretty, 190 cm tall (she is taller than I am o.O ), fair brunette with thin shoulder long hair and thick hipster glasses. The second cutest (and I do mean cute) was 180 cm tall somewhat overweight girl with skin problems and a mane of long curly black hair, also knockers to kill for.
The sexiest woman I ever knew didn't look anything particular, she was neither pretty nor ugly, fat or scrawny, she didn't have impressive hair, so what did she have? Well, she had a voice to resurect the dead, she could have read phonenumbers out of the phonebook and I would still have thought them the sexiest numbers in the world.
The most charming woman I ever met was a a rather tiny chinese law student with a huge overbite and thick glasses that had trouble speaking German (I am studying in Germany, also, no, I do not think that having trouble speaking a language sounds cute), her voice as such was not very impressive nor was her physique, yet I wanted to believe everything she said.
The pyhsically prettiest woman I ever knew on the other hand had a gorgeous face great lips, great skin, not too tall, lovely shaped breasts, a cute @ss, lovely hands, arms and legs, even her voice was agreable, she was great with make up (and just as gorgeous without) while driven, energetic and a hard worker yet I did not particularly like her. Strangely enough, I got along greatly with her boyfriend, go figure.
The most impressive woman I have met, is a 180 cm tall super atheltic brownish redhead with blue/green eyes that practices several martial arts, studies sports, chinese and russian and has the drive and confidance to call her neighbour her preferred stalker (and yes, he is actually stalking her) simply because she can and will kick his @ss should it come to it. Appearently she broke a guy's rips when she was 12 or so, she is 20 fyi. Yeah, she is kinda bad@ass.



Btw if we are really talking pornstars and body type, even a cursory glance immediately reveals that there are many quite different successful types for quite different tastes, on both sides of the gender barrier for both sides of the gender barrier.

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2016 :  16:58:59  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I am enjoying your Reclamation chapters I found myself wondering if you have ever written anything about their past? Perhaps short stories about the Company of the Claw in its hay day? I would love to see more of the relationship between Elaith & Bran and see some of their adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2016 :  10:20:04  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said, I'd also love short stories set in this past.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  16:34:54  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

As I am enjoying your Reclamation chapters I found myself wondering if you have ever written anything about their past? Perhaps short stories about the Company of the Claw in its hay day? I would love to see more of the relationship between Elaith & Bran and see some of their adventures.



I don't have any stray short stories hanging around, but I agree that prequel tales would be fun.

At the moment, though, I'm working on an e-business launch and I have a short story due at the end of February, so just-for-fun writing isn't in the cards for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  23:11:11  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it is for fun-and-profit for a while ;)

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  05:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello again! I was lucky enough to find a copy of your Best of the Realms book on Amazon that was being sold as used, but was brand new! Since this is a book that I've been searching for a long time, I was wondering if you might be going to GenCon this year in hopes of getting it signed. If not, is there any other way to possibly get it signed by you? It would be an even greater treasure than it already is if so.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  14:34:25  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Hello again! I was lucky enough to find a copy of your Best of the Realms book on Amazon that was being sold as used, but was brand new! Since this is a book that I've been searching for a long time, I was wondering if you might be going to GenCon this year in hopes of getting it signed. If not, is there any other way to possibly get it signed by you? It would be an even greater treasure than it already is if so.



Hi, Joran.

Glad you found a copy! Appalling cover, isn't it? That particular shade of lime green should be reserved for beach blankets.

Alas, I won't be able to get to Gen Con this year. I'm hoping to go in 2017, though.

Getting books signed through the USPS is possible, but it's pricey and time-consuming. Basically you'd need to purchase two sets of packaging. Padded envelopes usually work okay. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope in the package with the book, along with a note saying to whom you'd like the book signed (I'm assuming "Joran" isn't your name IRL....). I'd recommend having the package weighed at the PO, because if the postage is off, the book is more likely to be discarded than delivered. You may also want to hold off until spring, unless you have a secure, dry place for package delivery. (Books don't like to be left on snowy doorsteps.) That's not a problem on my end, as I have a PO box for delivery. It does, however, necessitate two trips to the post office, which I why I don't advocate this method on my website. Candlekeep scribes, however, are a special class of readers, and I'd happy to do this if you want to go to the effort. Alternately, I could send a signed bookplate. Either option is fine with me.

Send me a private message or email, and I'll send you my PO address.

ec
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2016 :  16:05:26  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Hello again! I was lucky enough to find a copy of your Best of the Realms book on Amazon that was being sold as used, but was brand new! Since this is a book that I've been searching for a long time, I was wondering if you might be going to GenCon this year in hopes of getting it signed. If not, is there any other way to possibly get it signed by you? It would be an even greater treasure than it already is if so.



Hi, Joran.

Glad you found a copy! Appalling cover, isn't it? That particular shade of lime green should be reserved for beach blankets.

Alas, I won't be able to get to Gen Con this year. I'm hoping to go in 2017, though.

Getting books signed through the USPS is possible, but it's pricey and time-consuming. Basically you'd need to purchase two sets of packaging. Padded envelopes usually work okay. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope in the package with the book, along with a note saying to whom you'd like the book signed (I'm assuming "Joran" isn't your name IRL....). I'd recommend having the package weighed at the PO, because if the postage is off, the book is more likely to be discarded than delivered. You may also want to hold off until spring, unless you have a secure, dry place for package delivery. (Books don't like to be left on snowy doorsteps.) That's not a problem on my end, as I have a PO box for delivery. It does, however, necessitate two trips to the post office, which I why I don't advocate this method on my website. Candlekeep scribes, however, are a special class of readers, and I'd happy to do this if you want to go to the effort. Alternately, I could send a signed bookplate. Either option is fine with me.

Send me a private message or email, and I'll send you my PO address.

ec



Safer to use the flat rate shipping boxes... weight doesnt matter with them.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2016 :  18:12:47  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

As I am enjoying your Reclamation chapters I found myself wondering if you have ever written anything about their past? Perhaps short stories about the Company of the Claw in its hay day? I would love to see more of the relationship between Elaith & Bran and see some of their adventures.



I don't have any stray short stories hanging around, but I agree that prequel tales would be fun.

At the moment, though, I'm working on an e-business launch and I have a short story due at the end of February, so just-for-fun writing isn't in the cards for a while.



We can all appreciate that. As always, if you write it, we'll read it :) Until then good luck on the e-business and story.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  02:36:29  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's a new scene up in the RECLAMATION thread.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2016 :  17:09:26  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, folks. Here's a link to MOONBLADES, a new topic in the DM Guild forum.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20862

If you'd like to weigh in on this upcoming project, leave a comment in that thread.

Thanks!

ec
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  03:27:25  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Elaine,

I have a question about Khelban's appearance in the prologue of City of Splendors. In the opening scene his real appearance is revealed as he is focused on spell casting. He is described as "tall, ageless, elf-blooded, feral as a rampant dragon, barely recognizable as a mortal being."

I don't recall him as ever being described that way anywhere else. Was this the first reveal of how he really looks? Was this your creation of Ed's or a collaboration? BTW, I loved it and the novel as well.

Thanks,

Clegane
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  13:53:43  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clegane

Hi Elaine,

I have a question about Khelban's appearance in the prologue of City of Splendors. In the opening scene his real appearance is revealed as he is focused on spell casting. He is described as "tall, ageless, elf-blooded, feral as a rampant dragon, barely recognizable as a mortal being."

I don't recall him as ever being described that way anywhere else. Was this the first reveal of how he really looks? Was this your creation of Ed's or a collaboration? BTW, I loved it and the novel as well.

Thanks,

Clegane



Hi, Clegane.

Glad to hear you enjoyed City of Splendors! There are parts that are more Ed than me, and vice versa, but pretty much everything in the book is a collaboration.

As for Khelben's appearance, the answer is somewhat complicated. Did he magically alter his appearance so he could assume the identity of one of his descendants? Probably. It seems unlikely that even a strong family resemblance would be sufficient to pull off that feat. Does the moment described in that passage capture his "real" appearance? In some ways, yes. Khelben is several generations closer to the elven ancestor in the Arunsun line, so he would probably look more distinctly elven. But it seems to me that the primary factor in his changed appearance would be the spell he's casting. When someone is focusing and channeling that much magical energy, it may change their appearance and it would certainly change how they are perceived.

There's a woman in the Providence Singers who looks about 15 years younger when she sings. The energy and the emotion of the music takes over her face to the point where she looks more like a conduit for the music than a singer performing it. The transformation is truly remarkable. Over the years, I've seen a few singers who seem to merge with the music in a way that alters their appearance. It seems to me that "being in the flow" of magic would be even more transformative.

That's a rather long-winded response. Were you able to find the answer to your question in there somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2016 :  15:08:41  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Elaine, that was very helpful. When you used the music analogy it made me think of Lisa Gerrard. I had the opportunity to see her perform years ago and she has that quality of becoming a conduit for the music and being something other than just a singer standing on a stage.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2016 :  01:03:47  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to a recent interview with the folks at BombadRadio.com. I've been meaning to post it for a while now, but, you know. Life.

http://www.bombadradio.com/e/episode-231-inside-the-writers-room-with-elaine-cunningham/
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2016 :  12:52:29  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice interview, I'm listening to it. Good to know how things developed.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2016 :  23:33:39  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw in the DM forum that you have pulled Reclemation and see the thread is no longer here. Sorry to hear this but I am still glad you posted it. Since I first came across it, I have been as enthused about the FR as I was when the FR was newly published. In the last few weeks I have reread Elfshadow, Elfsong, Silver Shadows and I am half way through Thornhold(my favorite).

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  13:54:58  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clegane

I just saw in the DM forum that you have pulled Reclemation and see the thread is no longer here. Sorry to hear this but I am still glad you posted it. Since I first came across it, I have been as enthused about the FR as I was when the FR was newly published. In the last few weeks I have reread Elfshadow, Elfsong, Silver Shadows and I am half way through Thornhold(my favorite).




Thanks for sharing this, Clegane. Much appreciated. :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  15:44:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

As for Khelben's appearance, <snip>

Given that Elminster is KNOWN for changing his appearance (and sex), and that other Chosen are as well, I would just chalk this up to his being a chosen and some granted power of Mystra.

Being a famous Chosen would get in the way of many of the things they have to do, so being able to easily disguise their appearance (on a semi-permanent basis) SHOULD be in their repertoire.

Just sayin'

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone


Edited by - Markustay on 27 Apr 2016 15:44:39
Go to Top of Page

Narwe
Acolyte

Slovenia
3 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  20:55:25  Show Profile Send Narwe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone, a long-time lurker here :)

I was in fact searching for the Reclamation chapters but I couldn't find it and the links in the previous posts don't seem to work.
Can you maybe help me out?

And Elaine, your books are pure genius! You probably don't remember but more than 10 years ago when I was just starting high school I sent you a mail (to which you very kindly replied) about me trying to translate Evermeet to Slovene. I'm happy to tell you that despite not being able to get it published in any way I did finish the translation for my own private enjoyment and satisfaction :)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  21:03:04  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Narwe

Hello, everyone, a long-time lurker here :)

I was in fact searching for the Reclamation chapters but I couldn't find it and the links in the previous posts don't seem to work.
Can you maybe help me out?

And Elaine, your books are pure genius! You probably don't remember but more than 10 years ago when I was just starting high school I sent you a mail (to which you very kindly replied) about me trying to translate Evermeet to Slovene. I'm happy to tell you that despite not being able to get it published in any way I did finish the translation for my own private enjoyment and satisfaction :)



Hi, Narwe.

Wow. Translating an entire novel is a massive undertaking--and a huge accomplishment!

I pulled the RECLAMATION thread because I was looking into finishing and publishing the story as serial fiction on the DM Guild. This option doesn't appear to be available at this time, so I'm not sure how (or if) to proceed. If there's no chance of publishing via DMG, I will put the excerpts back online at Candlekeep.

Best,
ec

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 03 May 2016 22:03:07
Go to Top of Page

Narwe
Acolyte

Slovenia
3 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  21:30:45  Show Profile Send Narwe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the quick response!
And I wish you the best of luck with publishing Reclamation in whatever form it may take :)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2016 :  00:26:33  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine, could you please tell me where you did your research for the hamfariggen berserkers? I'm not finding much from official sources. Is this something you drew from mythology or the top of your head?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000