Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elves of Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  06:54:48  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I found some PDFs. I believe they were by Lord Karsus (WOTC Forums), and Markustay. they were a big compilation of lore on elves.

Now, I can only find volumes 1, 3, and 6. does anyone have the others?

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  07:05:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going from memory here, but I don't think the other volumes were released because they weren't finished/completed or they were abandoned because of lack of participation by some contributors.

I can't remember which.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  07:18:30  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so 1, 3, and 6 got finished?
2, 4 and 5 were never done? That seems odd. Why did they number them like that?

But I'm guessing that means I already have the whole thing?

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  07:34:20  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sylrae

But I'm guessing that means I already have the whole thing?

those chapter was were put out first because of the compiled lore of those chapters were finished first.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  08:13:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Perhaps it was optimism? A wish to see the project though to the end?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  08:44:48  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I just meant I thought they would be numbered by order of release.

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  08:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were numbered by the order of topics/ideas in the original project, which should still be somewhere on WotC boards.
I should know... I contributed to the Vol. VI a bit. And to the unfinished Vol V, which was about cities. Myth Drannor of old and Ched Nasad were my works. I think that Volume was scheduled to be the next published.
But then 4e came, and LK retreated overall from WotC boards and no one heard from him since, and the Vault, where the project was stored too, has had a crash in the meantime...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  09:58:16  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I heard Karsus left. Do you know if he still checks his deviantart?
I wouldnt mind contributing to finishing it.
It's a project I'd love to see finished. I've noticed that lately, alot of the community seems to be filling in the blanks in times and places. I've seen some better fan-made material in the past year than about half the stuff I saw throughout 3e.
FR seems like a fairly complete location before spellplague. Not much that doesn't have something written on it. Now if things got compiled into more useful projects than the originals (such as elves of faerun) then we could have better material. :)

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  11:03:15  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah I heard Karsus left. Do you know if he still checks his deviantart?
I wouldnt mind contributing to finishing it.
It's a project I'd love to see finished. I've noticed that lately, alot of the community seems to be filling in the blanks in times and places. I've seen some better fan-made material in the past year than about half the stuff I saw throughout 3e.
FR seems like a fairly complete location before spellplague. Not much that doesn't have something written on it. Now if things got compiled into more useful projects than the originals (such as elves of faerun) then we could have better material. :)

I'd love to see it finished too. AFAIK LK checks his Deviant, but very rarely. And has no time to finish Elves of Faerun. I hope his files (the rest of the project) didn't disappear...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2010 :  04:11:46  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sylrae and Zireael, I'd love to see this project completed too... but I don't think it'll happen.

We can hope...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2010 :  12:40:58  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
discipline .....& commitment.......

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000