Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Free RPG Day
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  20:58:36  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hear ye! Hear ye!

Tomorrow is Free RPG Day. Please plan accordingly, get to your FLGS early and try not to trample the newbs.

That is all.

(Sorry, Sage. It looks like the closest store partcipating in Australia is on the other coast in Sydney.)

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  21:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the closet one to me is 50 miles. And I do not have a car. Evidently my FLGS hosted it the past couple of years, but decided not to this year because of a low turnout the previous years. This made me sad, since I did not know about it the first year, and last year I only learned about it the Monday after it occurred.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  21:37:56  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Unfortunately, the closet one to me is 50 miles. And I do not have a car. Evidently my FLGS hosted it the past couple of years, but decided not to this year because of a low turnout the previous years. This made me sad, since I did not know about it the first year, and last year I only learned about it the Monday after it occurred.

Puts on official Paizo Fanboi hat:

Well, just so you know, after Free RPG day is over, Paizo releases their free product as a free PDF on their site (although they might be busy with PaizoCon this weekend).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2010 :  00:44:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

(Sorry, Sage. It looks like the closest store partcipating in Australia is on the other coast in Sydney.)

Aye. Apparently, the gaming stores around my way did try attempt to shift the focus to the west as well, but met with little success.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2010 :  05:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was aware of it, but I will be working this weekend and shan't have the time to drive a half-hour to the nearest FLGS.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2010 :  23:04:25  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Puts on official Paizo Fanboi hat:

Well, just so you know, after Free RPG day is over, Paizo releases their free product as a free PDF on their site (although they might be busy with PaizoCon this weekend).
Yeah, I know, but I was really hoping to get the print edition of this year's for free.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  02:02:17  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh... good times at the FLGS. Got my free Pathfinder adventurer (along with an Exalted adventure, Call of Cthulhu adventure, L5R adventure and the Dark Sun adventure, plus a crazy d10). Did find it quite telling that the 11am Dark Sun adventure that was scheduled wound up not happening due to lack of player interest (and the DM wound up jumping over to play Castles & Crusades).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  05:12:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are two gaming stores in my area, though one is but a pale shadow of the great store it used to be (this fact is part of why the second store was opened!). I basically grabbed one of everything, though I didn't see any free dice. One of the more interesting things I grabbed was a preview for Deathwatch, a Warhammer 40k roleplaying game. It's not a gaming system I recognize, but who cares? It's Space Marines!

I also spent a little money at both stores. I would have felt bad walking in, grabbing free stuff, and leaving. I picked up a couple Trencher-types for my Cygnar forces, and the Pathfinder DM's screen. I got a discount on the minis, too.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  06:18:53  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D'oh! I forgot about the Warhammer 40k RPG!

From what I can tell off the Free RPG Day site, here's the stuff I missed (because I walked into the store 10 minutes after they opened due to traffic):

Amarillo Design Bureau - Prime Directive Quickstart
Blue Panther - Unique Color Knockdown Dice Tower
Chessex Manufacturing - Commemorative Dice
Columbia Games - Harn Quickstart & Adventure
Exile Game Studios - Hollow Earth Expedition Quickstart & Adv.
Guild of Blades Publishing - Heroes Forever Quickstart & Adventure
Skirmisher Publishing - d-#8734;, Volume 0
Troll Lord Games - Castles & Crusades Quickstart and Adventure

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 20 Jun 2010 06:20:32
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  14:14:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

D'oh! I forgot about the Warhammer 40k RPG!

From what I can tell off the Free RPG Day site, here's the stuff I missed (because I walked into the store 10 minutes after they opened due to traffic):

Amarillo Design Bureau - Prime Directive Quickstart
Blue Panther - Unique Color Knockdown Dice Tower
Chessex Manufacturing - Commemorative Dice
Columbia Games - Harn Quickstart & Adventure
Exile Game Studios - Hollow Earth Expedition Quickstart & Adv.
Guild of Blades Publishing - Heroes Forever Quickstart & Adventure
Skirmisher Publishing - d-#8734;, Volume 0
Troll Lord Games - Castles & Crusades Quickstart and Adventure

At my FLGS, the guy who runs the place was keeping the Dice Tower for himself. I don't think I saw the Skirmisher publishing thing, and I didn't see the dice. I left the Prime Directive freebies -- both stores only had a couple -- for those who would be more into it.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  14:42:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I certainly would've picked up those Prime Directive sources. Probably would've helped to re-start my old slew of games...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  15:49:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I certainly would've picked up those Prime Directive sources. Probably would've helped to re-start my old slew of games...

I may be going back to my FLGS today -- but that's currently very much in the air (it's not as local as could be desired). If I do, I'll see if they still have one of those.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  17:48:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I may be going back to my FLGS today -- but that's currently very much in the air (it's not as local as could be desired). If I do, I'll see if they still have one of those.

Oh, I certainly didn't mean for you to go out of your way, Wooly. I appreciate the effort but, really, don't think too much on it.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  20:17:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Oh, I certainly didn't mean for you to go out of your way, Wooly. I appreciate the effort but, really, don't think too much on it.

Well, my friend Gino was in town, and he was jonesing to go up to that FLGS, so there's a copy of Prime Directive sitting on my desk, now.

I got another of the warcasters I've been wanting, too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000