Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Arcana Generosity
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2010 :  23:44:22  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The ability given to The Magister grants exp for created items, spells and if one teach a spell to another mage. Is it correct that this will for a lvl 24 wizard give 12exp per tought lvl 1 spell, because I just realized that by my calculations, one could realy gain an insane amount of exp by teaching, if one had that ability!!!

What is your take on this?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  01:40:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there's a lot easier ways to gain XP as a wizard.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  02:45:35  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah well I I were to teach a wizard all the spell I have in my spell book I would gain 10400 exp. If I had that ability ofc. You dont have to have that many students before its starts to work for you. 20 students and 200K of exp! That seems quite easy made exp. If you have the ability that is!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  05:58:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but that's going to take a lot of your personal time. And it's going to tie you down to one spot -- and with the way mages like hunting Magisters, that's practically asking for someone to come along and kill you. It's quicker and easier to go slay a few dragons, or wipe out a couple hordes of orcs.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000