Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Beneath the Lonely Tower (PHB3 Game Day)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2010 :  22:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
(Psst, now, while no one's looking!)

I wanted to share some news with you guys, now that it's been announced and I can do so:

The March 20 Game Day may bear some particular interest for Realms fans. While the product itself is not FR, exactly (PHB3), the corresponding adventure (written by that one tall guy) is indeed set in the Realms. Specifically in the area near Beorunna's Well, for you sages who recognize the name.

Says Chris Tulach:

Beneath the Lonely Tower
Written by Erik Scott de Bie

"In the frontier village of Beorunna’s Well, all is not well. Villagers have disappeared without a trace, and the locals fear to walk alone in the dark. Now, the villagers hear distant cries of terror at night, echoing from an abandoned fortress outside the village. A group of brave heroes must step forward to explore the Lonely Tower and end the threat to Beorunna’s Well. “Beneath the Lonely Tower” is a 6th-level adventure with six pre-generated characters included, all using options from the new Player’s Handbook 3."

(Full article here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Print.aspx?x=dnd/drrep/2010January)

So come play my adventure!

I also hope (and have reasonable confidence) that there will be more of these sorts of things. Keep your eyes peeled!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 19 Mar 2010 14:31:46

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2010 :  23:38:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Githzerai Monk?

Erik, you're just made of WIN!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  04:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I can't really take credit for the githzerai monk. That was another enterprising designer.

I do take credit for the XXXXXXX that'll squish said githzerai monk, backed up by the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and the XXX XXXXXXX. But that's all that.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  05:24:18  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. de Bie, I'd like to say congratulations on your first module!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  06:02:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I may have missed it earlier, but I'm assuming this adventure will be made available for download after Game Day, yes?

And I only just noticed all the cool DARK SUN promotional material being announced on Game Day as well. Neat. August can't arrive fast enough.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  15:03:37  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Mr. de Bie, I'd like to say congratulations on your first module!
Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this project, and I hope you guys will too!

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

So, I may have missed it earlier, but I'm assuming this adventure will be made available for download after Game Day, yes?
I don't know exactly how it all works, but I think it will be available, yes. I guess we'll see!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  18:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on Erik! I may just take my boys out to play your adventure on Game Day.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  19:15:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will keep my eyes open for this.

I would enjoy a 4E version of Forgotten Realms Adventures.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  19:25:06  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think you're thinking of Free RPG Day which is on Saturday, June 19th this year. Worldwide D&D Game Day is in March, and the adventure and characters are part of the kits sent to the stores holding Game Day events. I believe you've been able to download the characters for past events, but I don't think you can download the adventures.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  20:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I think you're thinking of Free RPG Day which is on Saturday, June 19th this year. Worldwide D&D Game Day is in March, and the adventure and characters are part of the kits sent to the stores holding Game Day events. I believe you've been able to download the characters for past events, but I don't think you can download the adventures.
Sage, I will see what I can do about getting you a copy.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  23:18:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

That's it. I had a feeling I was confusing it all with something else. Much appreciated Ashe.

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Jan 2010 23:19:39
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  23:19:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Sage, I will see what I can do about getting you a copy.
Awesome, Erik! You've my thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4431 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  07:36:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I were to join in on the fun (I've never been involved in an RPGA even before) would I have to use a pre-made character or can I make one up using the Character Builder I have from DDI? And if I can create one, would I have to only use classes from the PHB3?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  14:31:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, since the PHB3 Game Day is tomorrow, I wanted to pop in and let any local Seattle folks know that I will be running it hereabouts:

http://dnd.meetup.com/192/calendar/12896194/?a=nr1c_grp&rv=nr1c

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2010 :  21:52:42  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, the first encounter was a bruiser. Remind me to sucker-punch you when I see you next ;)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2010 :  23:30:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wandered too close to the otyugh, did we? (melee 3)

And dude, if I *reminded* you, then it wouldn't be a *sucker* punch, would it? Just a punch. To the face. By an ex-marine.

Yeah, we'll call that plan B.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 22 Mar 2010 23:31:06
Go to Top of Page

heidy_james
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  10:09:49  Show Profile  Visit heidy_james's Homepage Send heidy_james a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is easier, easier and easier.....

Thanks for sharing.

good one
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000