Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dark Ways and Darker Secrets OOC Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  18:06:27  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I'm busy updating the spreadsheet with everyone's info, and just wanted to remind everyone that you get a bonus language of your choice. This does not have to be the language of a PC race.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2009 :  06:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. Just checking in to let you guys know that when I have some time tomorrow night I will finish updating my characters info.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2009 :  16:23:29  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great. I look forward to reading it.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2009 :  06:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turin Anvilhammer

Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter (Axe for Hire)
Level: 1
XP: 0
Alignment: Neutral

Height: 4'2"
Weight: 155 pounds
Hair: Redish/Brown
Eye color: Green

Str: 18/66(+2hit/+3dmg/160/305/13/25%)
Dex: 15 (0/0/-1)
Con: 17 (+3hp/97%/98%)
Int: 11 (2 additional languages)
Wis: 8
Cha: 8

Paralyzation/Poison/ Death Magic: 14
Rod/Staff/Wand: 16
Petrification/Polymorph: 15
Breath Weapon: 17
Spell: 17

AC:3 (Chain -5, Shield -1, Dex -1)
HP:13
ThAC0:20

Racial Abilities:
+4 to saves vs poisons and magical attacks
60 foot infravision
+1 to hit orcs,half-orcs,goblins,hobgoblins
+4 ac against giants,trolls,ogres,ogre-magi,titans
Detect grade or slope in passage 1-5
Detect new tunnel/passage construction 1-5
Detect sliding/shifting walls or rooms 1-4
Detect stonework traps, pits, and deadfalls 1-3
Determine approx depth underground 1-3

Languages:
Common, Dwarven, Orc

Proficiencies:
Endurance (Con/0), Local Dwarf History (cha/0), Local History (cha/0), Underground Navigation (I/-2), Direction Sense (W/+1), Survival: Underground (I/0)

Weapon Proficiencies:
Broad Sword (specialized)(Bonus from Kit)
Battle Axe
Light Crossbow
Warhammer
Morningstar

Equipment:
Broadsword
Warhammer x2
Chain Mail
Medium shield

Large Beltpouch x2
Backpack
*Winter blanket
*Flint and Steel
*Rope, Hemp 50'
*Grappling Hook
*2 waterskins
*7 days iron rations
*Fine drinking flagon (worth 5 gp)
*1 Flask Greek Oil
*2 Flasks Lamp Oil
*5 torches
*Whetstone
*2 skins of Ale

Treasure:
5 gp
3 sp

Appearance:
Turin has the appearance of a happy dwarf with some missing teeth. He wears his beard long and tucked into his belt in typical dwarvish fashion, and likes to dress in bright yellows and reds. He laments the loss of his last helmet all the time, "twas a good helmet it was, had a jaberwoks horns on it. An' I'll fight anyone that says otherwise!" He plans on replacing it as soon as he can. He gets on well with humans and other folks, plus he has been known to spout elven poetry badly.

Edited by - Mogrim on 28 Jul 2009 06:17:36
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  03:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good Mogrim. You're going to have to define the area for your local dwarf history and local history proficiencies, but that will likely flow from your backstory. Feel free to PM me whatever you have for that and we'll go from there. A couple of things to think about as an axe for hire: where is he from? Why did he get into the profession? Where has he fought before, and for whom? And what brings him to the Western Heartlands?

Hmm. I was just looking at your proficiencies again. Endurance, Local history, and Local dwarf history are all bonuses from the kit, and if we're going by the CbD, then Survival, Underground is 1 slot. Added to Direction Sense and Underground navigation and we've got a total of 3, out of your five. Also, as a dwarf, you get one proficiency from the Crafts table for free. Please include that in your background as well. Congrats, you've got more things to pick!

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  09:32:04  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't take this as me rushing, but I'm psyched to get started here soon. Any idea when we might be ready to start up the campaign? :)

Edited by - Ghost King on 29 Jul 2009 14:27:07
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  14:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still need to get character backgrounds from several people. Brynweir is afk this week as well, and I promised we wouldn't start without her. So, ideally, in about a week. We'll have to see how it plays out, though.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  14:28:26  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. I'll keep on checking back then until that time.
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  16:14:38  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brynweir's vacation got called early on account of Murphy's Law - so I'm here. I don't have my BG done yet, but I should be able to have something workable today - I hope **fingers crossed**

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  19:11:24  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear your vacation got canceled, Brynweir. I look forward to reading your background whenever you've got it ready.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  23:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all. Just wanted to say I won't get a chance to do anything for a background until tomorrow. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just busy at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  00:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mogrim, since we're attempting to have our characters at least be familiar with each other prior to starting I thought perhaps we could work something into both of our chars backgrounds that would have us arrive at Scornubel together. I thought it would be easy for the two of us as I intend to give my char something of a mercenary backstory as well. It can be something as simple as both of us working as caravan guards, etc.

Feel free to PM me any ideas you may have if you're interested.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  03:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note, you don't ALL have to know each other right from the start. Two groups, even three, would be fine. I can pull you all together at the start. Also, since this is pbp, it's much easier to run multiple tracks simultaneously, so everyone doesn't have to be all together all the time.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  10:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if anyone feels like teaming up with my character let me know via PM if you wish to do so. Mal has traveled a great deal even before he came this way so there is always a slim chance we at least crossed paths, worked with each other in the past (120 years is a long time after all or the five years he's been working here in the local area), or working together currently. Anycase, if anyone in the group wants to be teamed up send me a PM and we can work something out.

Or I can play the typical scout concept of the mysterious loner that meets the group, which always seems to happen!

Anyways, stomping grounds I'm saying Mal has been over the years is pretty much everything west of the Cormanthor forest to the Sword Coast and north, but no further than say Silvermoon. Plus some family and friends reside in Evereska, which he has visited and he usually works over the years prior to game start as a caravan guard/scout to get them around safely and what not.

Edited by - Ghost King on 31 Jul 2009 10:53:11
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  01:21:58  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all! I just wanted to chime in and say that I have been so busy of late, PbP have been on the back burner really. I will do my best to make time no later than Monday night to get things sorted out. Please bare with me, as my wife and I are trying to sell our home.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  01:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mogrim

Hey all! I just wanted to chime in and say that I have been so busy of late, PbP have been on the back burner really. I will do my best to make time no later than Monday night to get things sorted out. Please bare with me, as my wife and I are trying to sell our home.

Best of luck, Mogrim!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  02:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. Best of luck with the house.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  04:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mogrim, take as much time as you need. And echoing the others best of luck on saling your house!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  05:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the lack of communication on my end, too. I've been busy dealing with an ongoing health issue, it's resolved now. I should be able to finish up Essentyl in the next few days.
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  14:00:02  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well let me be the first to say I'm glad you're feeling better, and there is no rush take as much time as needed, Arivia.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  16:02:47  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to hear on both counts, Arivia. I was considering pestering you a little; now I'm glad I didn't.

Oh, and don't worry about taking more time on your characters... it just gives me longer to plot evil plots. Muahahaha!

Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  17:40:11  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
**clapping hands** Yay! I like evil. My PC may not, but I do.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  17:45:04  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GK, I got your PM about the link between Malythiir and Lorelei. It looks great, consider it approved.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  00:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool! I'll make the admendments on my end as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:24:30  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just reassuring Tyr about not worrying about a learning curve, and I realized that while I'm implied it, I've never come right out and said all of it. So here we go:

The campaign will begin with a starter dungeon. No one will die. We'll be using the Hovering on Death's Door rules, but if need be your characters will stabilize at -9 HP. Thus we can all experiment and shake rust off without having to worry about every choice being life and death. It's only once you return to Scornubel for the first time that the world will become truly dangerous.

Will this dungeon tie into the greater picture? Parts of it, yes. Absolutely. Other parts? Only if you want them to.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  03:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to it. I've been working on my char but just haven't had the time to get him posted as I've been away for the past few days. I'll have something ready to roll in the next day or two.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  22:05:12  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! I just got my fourth star! And I didn't even notice! That's cool. Only took my five years...

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  12:47:32  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  03:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Invisible Castle seems to be down at the moment, so I can't post my stats. I will however start a placeholder post for my character, with much detail to come later.

I've decided to stick with a mage, and I'll make him human as we don't have any in the group yet. Going to try to make him something that complements our fire-elementalist, and am open to suggestions on kits if anyone is familiar with the options. FYI: illusionists do not appeal to me.
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  03:23:51  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Felgaris

Class: Mage
Kit: None
Level: 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Race: Human
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 165 lb.
Skin: Tan
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Gray
Deity: Azuth
Homeland: Amn

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2189724/

STR - 8
Hit Probability: Normal
Damage Adjustment: Normal
Weight Allowance: 35
Max Press: 90
Open Doors: 5
Bend Bars/Lift Gates: 1%

DEX - 16
Reaction Adjustment: +1
Missile Attack Adjustment: +1
Defensive Adjustment: -2

CON - 15
Hit Point Adjustment: +1
System Shock: 90%
Resurrection Survival: 94%
Poison Save: 0
Regeneration: None

INT - 18
# of Languages: 7
Spell Level: 9th
Chance to Learn Spell: 85%
Max # of Spells/Level: 18
Spell Immunity: None

WIS - 14
Magical Defense Adjustment: 0
Bonus Spells: N/A
Chance of Spell Failure: N/A
Spell Immunity: None

CHA - 11
Max # of Henchmen: 4
Loyalty Base: 0
Reaction Adjustment: 0

Hit Points: 5
Armor Class: 8
THACO: 20

SAVING THROWS
Paralyzation, Poison, Death Magic: 14
Rod, Staff, Wand: 11
Petrification, Polymorph: 13
Breath Weapon: 15
Spell: 12

Special: +1 to saves vs. mind affecting magic/psionics (Mental Resistance proficiency)

LANGUAGES

Common
Thorass
Halfling

ABILITIES

None

WEAPON PROFICIENCIES

Available Slots: 1

Quarterstaff (1 slot)

NON-WEAPON PROFICIENCIES

Available Slots: 11

City Familiarity (1 slot)