Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 This one is for Markustay. :)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  16:31:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's an interview with Sean Macdonald, a freelancer mapper who has worked for WOTC and others.

http://www.koboldquarterly.com/

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  17:33:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat! I love Sean's maps. They were one of the highlights of the 3e DRAGONLANCE material.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  18:40:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Article!

Thanks for that.

The way he wrapped-up that article was inspiring, and sounds familiar. I've been approached several times now myself, but my 'style' is actually the same as the 3e maps, so it is really someone elses. Until I devlope my own, I can't really take on any commision work. Also, since I don't want to deviate from the 'official' art of the 3e maps, developing my own style is sort-of on the back-burner right now.

Anyone know off-hand if he did anything I might actualy have? Some FR or core stuff? I only have a couple of very old DL products.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Jun 2009 08:24:24
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  01:32:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Anyone know off-hand if he did anything I might actualy have? Some FR or core stuff? I only have a couple of very old DL products.
You could try contacting him. He pops up occasionally on the DL forums over at the DL Nexus. And at WotC too. He's got an email address as well, but I don't have that with me at the moment.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000