Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Has the Realms been Frozen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  12:59:46  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm participating in the RPGA / Living Realms games. 4E is enjoyable in its own way (it is a very different beast than the previous editions.) But the new Realms feels like a generic setting.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  16:42:28  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play and run in 4e. I've taken the changes introduced with this latest edition just like I have with every single major change in the Realms over the years; for what it is. I've never allowed myself to get so enameled with the setting that it compromises my fun and enjoyment of Faerun. I accept that things have changed and that more will change in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  22:38:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I play and run in 4e. I've taken the changes introduced with this latest edition just like I have with every single major change in the Realms over the years; for what it is. I've never allowed myself to get so enameled with the setting that it compromises my fun and enjoyment of Faerun. I accept that things have changed and that more will change in the future.

Enameled? How does one get enameled?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  23:35:18  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Enameled? How does one get enameled?

don't know, but I'd bet it hurts to take off

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  02:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about the "enameled" bit, myself...

Did you mean "enamored?"

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  03:05:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I was wondering about the "enameled" bit, myself...

Did you mean "enamored?"

I assume he did. But that particular typo was too much fun to overlook!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eye of Horus-Re
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  18:12:10  Show Profile  Visit Eye of Horus-Re's Homepage Send Eye of Horus-Re a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think most of us are enameled :) with the Realms. I did get the same feeling that it was generic Barshevy. Capnvan.....Fantastic.

Long live 1384 and that which came before....!!!
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  15:34:20  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My current capmpaign is set during the arcane age of 714+ in an area of the realms where only a light history has ben written and we know it comes to a crashing end in 882 so we have no problems mucking around in the past....1479 pfft!!!!!!

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  18:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

An interesting sentiment. Unfortunately for me, many of the things that changed about the Realms between 3e and 4e ended up removing many of the things I had fun with and enjoyed. So you can imagine that I ignore most of what 4th Edition's brought.

My own game is frozen around 1374 DR, with several changes (No Elven Crusade, for instance)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000