Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dawn Cataclysm
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  10:56:21  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I found some unclear rumours about dawn cataclysm that the whole event is the crusade of Lathander against all evil gods on in Panheon But there is no certain information about what happened during this time period. It is said to occur before the fall of Myth Dranor and may have caused Tyche to be seperated to Beshaba and Tymora due to a curse of Moander.

Edited by - Nocturno on 30 Jul 2003 11:45:52

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  12:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nocturno, this i think is the relvant scroll you were looking for...
http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=183

mal

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  12:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Malanthius if ý had the 3rd eddition faiths and avatars book it would surely work but in Turkey finding those stuff is nearly imposibble that's why ý always look for information and ý think that candlekeep is a very good source thanks again ý can think about a new game about 2. cataclysm for a high campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  17:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 3e version is called Faiths and Pantheons, but F&A actually has more information in it.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  23:45:46  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

The 3e version is called Faiths and Pantheons, but F&A actually has more information in it.

it is hard to to find info about the real timöe period aboutmost things about f r so it is our only chance to follow the books and rules. so thank u for the info and if it is possible to say if there is any place yo find lores about f r
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  02:05:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nocturno, I have two sites bookmarked that provide comprehensive information on the faiths and pantheons of Faerun. Firstly, try Faiths and Avatars, then visit the Powers and Pantheons site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  00:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok this is sth I recently leant and dont know if it is a fact.
After nethrils fall some refugees come from another crystal sphere. They weren't just ant of other new comers, they were gods.
Actualy after the fall of believer of nethereil god Lathander starts a crusade of some sort of with his infliunce Anaumator and Talos's influence Kozah disappears. It is said that this whole events make Dawn Cataclysm.

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  07:30:19  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kozah! The Stormstar.... umm does anyone eles have anymore information on him? And Amunator if possible...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:50:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cardinal, look to the 2e Faiths and Avatars for a detailed history of Anaumator, and (depending upon which PS products you have), there is mention of a detailed order to his faith in one of the PS tomes.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  06:07:42  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm guess what..... I have.... nil 2e stuff.... I have a REALLY old ( it seems) D&D book called well I can't find it at the moment so I'll have to get back to you I do know though, it talks alot about 1e and how to convert 1e stuff to 2e stuff... but that's it for 2e... Anything else is based upon my own accidental research and through the BG series... Amunator wasn't that hard to find but this if the first mention of Kozah other than the Stone Idol I found of his... So... If you could enlighten me please

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  08:05:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll see what I can find in my online files. I'll email you whatever I have on this.

You'll have to wait until at least Thursday though...

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  00:40:44  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
e mail me also if it is possible sage.
my mail is cbasaran@ku.edu.tr
I cannot sign in my declared e mail
Can u make a favor like that, sage?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  06:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No...the Dawn Cataclysm had to do with Lathander attempting to reinvent the human Pantheon...I think...

I believe that these events coinciding was a coincidence...but I'd love to be proven wrong on this one....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  06:37:54  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And what about the 2nd Dawn Cataclysm mentioned in Faiths and Pantheons? Anyone have any thoughts on it?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  10:24:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jander, you may have to wait a few hours, but I'll try and send the information your way.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  16:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim

No...the Dawn Cataclysm had to do with Lathander attempting to reinvent the human Pantheon...I think...

I believe that these events coinciding was a coincidence...but I'd love to be proven wrong on this one....

Yes it is but he didn't do this alone. Dawn Cataclyzm caused the weakened Netheril gods vanish.
But there are not many sources to read. I dont know if there are any info about Dawn Cataclyzm besides the Faiths and Avatars and Faiths and Pantheons. It is like a romour and everyone have different theory about what actually happen.
And that is what I heard.How can many greater powers dissapear and new ones come nearly with the same portfolio? they can be lesser powers during the Netheril time but it still doesn't make much sense

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  19:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i hope there comes a book abut this some time
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  03:43:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Cyric,

I completely agree. I mean, it was touched on in "Tymora's Luck", but it didn't go to the point that I think any of us would have liked. That would be an amazing novel, and likely trilogy!

Alas, that has about a -1000% chance of happening I feel. Sadly.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

i hope there comes a book abut this some time

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  12:04:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Cpthero, you may want to try clicking the active topics button. That will show you all the topics active right now, instead of the stuff from 15 years ago where the people have moved on.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  12:09:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning Great Reader sleyvas,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I've been commenting on these old posts as I've had an interest in discussing some of the older material that I've seen in times past. Since I know it is easier to discuss items that are present already, rather than repost "new" items with the same topic, I figured I would reply to them and engage with new and seasoned folk that would see them placed into the "Active Topics" feed again. There is some fascinating, and fantastic material that has been discussed a while back that I thought would be wonderful to reinvigorate once more.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hey, Cpthero, you may want to try clicking the active topics button. That will show you all the topics active right now, instead of the stuff from 15 years ago where the people have moved on.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000