Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Empires of the Sands
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  17:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
OK, I know there were supposed to be 2 maps in the supplement, I only have one... can anyone tell me which maps should be included?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  17:56:58  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose that we are talking about FR3-Empires of the Sands? If that's the case, the module should contain two 30-miles-to-the-inch maps, one covering Amn and northern Tethyr, the other covering southern Tethyr and Calimshan, in the same color scheme as the maps in the Old Grey Box.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  18:38:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that would be Lands of Intrigue (I have ALL of these maps laid out next to me, at this moment.. or any moment, for that matter).

The Empires of the Sands came with a map of Calimshan, and then a more eastern-reaching one that included a good chunk of the Shar and some of the south.

Edit: Actually, the LoI maps are broken down into one of the coast, and one of the eastern lands (including Erlkazar). I still stand by what I said concerning the EotS maps, though, except they don't show any of the south (I thought they had a part of Lapaliya, but I was wrong).

If you laid them out, the Lake of steam would be center to the pair (and split in two between them), and the eastern one extends all the way to the Landrise, and even shows most of the Chondalwood, and part of the Great Rift. You can see all of the Border Kingdoms (but there is almost no details - two towns, thats it).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Mar 2009 04:33:12
Go to Top of Page

Nilonim
Acolyte

16 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  22:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Nilonim's Homepage Send Nilonim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's Empires of the Shining Sea.
Empires of the Sands is a first edition module.
It has two map, one of Amn and the northen part of Tethyr and the other of the southern tethyr and calimshan.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  23:09:58  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just had a look at my PDF, and Empires of the Sands has the two maps mentioned earlier. The maps in Lands of Intrigue are the versions of the the maps in Empires of the Sands updated to 2nd edition, (similar to the maps from The North covering the same area as The Savage Frontier.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  04:35:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what? I had completely forgotten that there was a 1e product covering that region.

My bad.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Mar 2009 04:35:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000