Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Crisis in Freeport
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lodis Knight
Acolyte

16 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2009 :  07:53:48  Show Profile  Visit Lodis Knight's Homepage Send Lodis Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm running Crisis in Freeport and want to replace the BBEG for something more sinister and would like some suggestions. I'm going to use Hell in Freeport after Crisis, so maybe a cleric of an Archdevil. Or a servant of Malkizid given the elven antagonists in Crisis.

I have a bladereaver from Icerazor traveling incognito with the party to find fire-based good creatures too. Running across another bladereaver could prove interesting. But I plan on him revealing his true nature in Hell in Freeport.

"Troubled times are upon us."
- Cernd, Baldur's Gate II

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  15:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Freeport from some other d20 system?

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  16:07:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Freeport is not from some other system - it IS a 3rd party D20 series of adventures, that were eventually turned into a mini-capaign of it's own, but is still easily retro-fitted into any setting.

You need to specify pre-4e or post-plague, Lodis Knight, for us to give you a more precise answer.

For instance, the first thought that came to mind is Zehir, but that only works in a 4e game.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Feb 2009 16:09:06
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  21:43:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-You need to figure out what Gods you will be using. Yig=Sseth, The God Of War=Tempus, The God of Knowlegde=Denir. The God of Sailors=Valkur. Now which body of water will you be placing this in? I played through the series in a friend's game recently, it was very fun. I like Freeport as a setting, I plan on placing it in my Realms.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lodis Knight
Acolyte

16 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  13:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Lodis Knight's Homepage Send Lodis Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’m sticking with 3.X. The year hasn’t really come up in the game yet, but I planned on having it set in the Year of the Bow 1354. Freeport will be placed in the Pirate Isles. I’ve already ran the Freeport Trilogy with the group and a few side quests.

I plan on posting a recap of the party's adventures one of these days but I’ll try to give a basic out line here. They’re a bit over leveled for the adventure but I’ve been able to kick the game up a notch or two.

The Heroes of Freeport-

Nang Kwak: LN(LG) Male Half-elf monk 7/Tattoo Monk 5
Milo “The Mighty”: CE Male Halfling rogue 5/Assassin 6
Hyacinth: CN(CE) Female Half-orc Barbarian 3/Fighter 8
Soveliss Nailo: CN Male Elf Cleric 10 [Corellon Larethian]

Soveliss has an advanced half dire-cat half panther pet acquired from a blacksmith he worked with in between adventures.

NPCs –

Virgil: LE Male Human Fighter ?/Cleric? [Levistus] Travels with the party.

Milo has made friends with a few criminals that occasionally provide support for the party.

Hyacinth has a pirate ship and stronghold with a scurvy band of followers.

Go to Top of Page

Lodis Knight
Acolyte

16 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  13:49:58  Show Profile  Visit Lodis Knight's Homepage Send Lodis Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’ve converted most of the generic gods from the adventure to Faerûnian ones during the Freeport Trilogy.

God of Knowledge = Oghma
God of War = Tempus
God of Sea = Umberlee
God of Pirates = Aspect of Mask

Yig and the Unspeakable One are a little more complex.

Yig has a peaceful sect which will be Varae that protects the seperent people from the sarrukh shape altering ability and the more aggressive warlike sect will be Sseth/ Merrshaulk attempting to absorb Varae. The serpent people will be a race created by the sarrukh but rebelled. The sarrukh summoned an entity from the Far Realm know only as the Unspeakable One to corrupt and weaken the rebellious serpent people. Ghaunadaur will be a different Far Realm entity and may have helped Varae make a stand against Sseth. That Which Lurks appears to be ancient enemy of the Unspeakable One and could explain why the sarrukh would summon the Unspeakable One.

Crisis’ BBEG (I think he’s actually LN but that doesn’t matter) is a cleric of the God of Retribution but I don’t really want to use Helm or Hoar. They’ve been thru enough lately.

I’m not sure how familiar the scribes here are with Green Ronin’s Freeport adventures but I’ll do my best to answer questions from the books I have. I’m still a novice at this DMing business and look forward to the advice and suggestions my fellow scribes are willing to give. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get the recap started, so feel free to ask more about the campaign or adventure if you want more info.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  10:15:39  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mask having a pirate aspect, interesting

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  01:42:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, pirates basically are just thieves at sea.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000