Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Gold Dwarf Clans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  15:20:00  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a listing of Dwarf clans and/or Gold Dwarf clans that is either a compilation of canon or in a canon source?

I try to build in as much history into the PCs in my campaigns, and I'm running shallow on the Gold Dwarves.

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  16:25:16  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a list of southern dwarf clans on pg 12 of Dwarves Deep.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  16:31:50  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Dwarves Deep *is* the source for Dwarves. There will be some more secondary information in Demihuman Deities, for their deities and worship practices, and Underdark, for information about their cities.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  21:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's not a lot of luck for more gold dwarf clans and last names beyond Dwarves Deep, because practically every other dwarf in Realms products and fiction is a shield dwarf. I have a partially-completed, but still extremely lengthy, list of dwarven names that I need to get to Alaundo, I'll try and do that tonight. Once it's up, it should be of additional help.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  23:00:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Races of Faerūn is another. See also The Wyrmskull Throne and Ed's 'Khōltar' articles from the "Elminster Speaks" series at WotC. Also, Ed's compiled replies here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000