Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Col. Mustard, in the Study, with the vorpal sword
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  19:35:08  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that turn-based is on the way out. My husband and daughter play Age of Mythology and were upset to find out that to play together on DS it was turn-based. I don't play any of that so I'm pretty clueless about turn-based vs RTS - I know what they mean but it doesn't mean anything to me .

Get D&D Trivial Pursuit and I'm there!

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  23:43:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

What I said there was that the prospect of new maps excite me, not you in particular, but Sage's suggestion touched in me in ways men shouldn't touch other men.
I'm a man? Cool.

The Sage:- "My Lady Love, you know how you're always saying I'm still a boy at heart because of all the toys and comics I buy?"
Lady K:- "What mindless prattling are you bothering me with now Sage?"
The Sage:- "Well, that's not true any longer. Look at what Markustay at Candlekeep said."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  02:21:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Buying comic books and 'toy soldiers' doesn't make you a child... it just makes you a nerd.

And I'm damn proud of it.

Now which way to that Star Trek convention.....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Dec 2008 02:21:43
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  17:03:38  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Real Time, then. A Real Time Forgotten Realms game would be pretty cool.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  00:16:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Real Time, then. A Real Time Forgotten Realms game would be pretty cool.

Agreed.

I like the suggestion of Realms Risk--that would be killer. I'm neutral as regards the whole Risk thing, but I played LotR Risk one day and was positively hooked, snagged, and gutted.

If they did something real time (like D&D Online for the Realms, rather than Eberron), well . . . that would be pretty cool. I would have starved long, long ago.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  00:23:03  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The closest thing to a MMORPG in the Forgotten Realms would be an online Neverwinter Nights server thing. I'll admit, I've never actually played one online, or downloaded one from online (my modem was always slow when I had the game installed), so I don't have personal experience, but I can vouch that, according to others, some are pretty good.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  10:31:30  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Risk: Realms. Oh, please, sign me up right now. C'mon, Hasbro, you have some great properties now you just need to get creative...! ;)

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  15:12:12  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the game a days ago on marktplaats (sort of dutch ebay), but the person selling it never replyed. I love the miniatures that are included ^^
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  05:36:10  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

P.S. And dude, I would SO buy a Waterdeep monopoly.

No, no, no...

Risk: Faerūn would be the ultimate game-board experience.

Ooh, I'd buy both of them!

<snip>

As would I, even if the gameboard for Risk: Faerūn is post-Sellplague... they might be the only good FR products we see from Wizbro. I'm still having visions of Waterdeep Monopoly: "Castle Waterdeep" and "Piergeiron's Palace" for "Boardwalk" and "Park Place" would be my first thoughts.

I'm really glad I missed this scroll when it first appeared; I was too worked up over non-publication of lore at that time to enjoy something like this. I'm in a much happier place now, or I was until I read about theories regarding 5e in another scroll somewhere...

Edit: This was an entirely appropriate scroll for me to hit post #500. Yay for me!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 21 Dec 2008 05:37:41
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  16:56:10  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe you meant pre-Spellplague, but I could be wrong.

One of the things that got me into Risk long ago (I won 1st place at a con once) was the beautiful map.. and I really don't think the 4e one would have consumers sleeping on the sidewalk to get a copy, like they did Tickle me Elmo.

Maybe I'll apply my skills to that little project someday - once the world map is done. I'm thinking NEXT Christamas, realistically...

I could just see Osse becoming te new Australia.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  22:54:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I could just see Osse becoming te new Australia.

I don't.

Aside from a few obvious examples in the Lady of Poison novel, I wouldn't say that Osse is a direct translation of, or heavily influenced by, Australian Aborigine culture -- Gunggari's mannerisms aside [as well as his dizheri], the supposed "ways" of the Osse people could very well be associated with many other examples of Polynesian tribal cultures.

I always thought the actual name "Osse" was a bit of a joke as a matter of fact...

*waits for Dagnirion*

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  03:26:27  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Y'know, D&D clue is actually out of print. We've been looking for it ever since they first started advertising it a few years ago and never found it. I haven't even been able to find it on the internet for a price that is anywhere within the realms of reasonable.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  20:57:35  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I always thought the actual name "Osse" was a bit of a joke as a matter of fact...

Me too: Osse, Aussie.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  21:03:31  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*waits for Dagnirion*

-Osse. Happy? The things I do, the things I do...

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 22 Dec 2008 21:04:46
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  07:15:35  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe you meant pre-Spellplague, but I could be wrong.

Nope... I would much prefer pre-Spellplague, but I might even consider buying FR Risk if it is otherwise, which is more than likely if it even gets done... but we have LotR Risk, so it's possible...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  15:12:49  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry... I misread that at first, and thought you meant you only wanted it if it was post-Spellpolague. I don't think I'd buy something like that, unless that did a nice, new map for the thing.

Anyway, I tried hunting this down everywhere for Christmas and couldn't find it. The kid at Toys 'R' us even tried to tell me it doesn't exist.

I guess he figures if they don't sell it, no-one does. Found Harry Potter Clue, though.

Maybe its something you can only get online, or from a LGS.

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Dec 2008 15:13:41
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2008 :  04:38:48  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, sorry... I misread that at first, and thought you meant you only wanted it if it was post-Spellpolague. I don't think I'd buy something like that, unless that did a nice, new map for the thing.

Anyway, I tried hunting this down everywhere for Christmas and couldn't find it. The kid at Toys 'R' us even tried to tell me it doesn't exist.

I guess he figures if they don't sell it, no-one does. Found Harry Potter Clue, though.

Maybe its something you can only get online, or from a LGS.

No, it went out of print so you can pretty much only find it if someone else is selling theirs. The one I found on Amazon was $255 so it will probably be difficult to find one that isn't really expensive.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  21:22:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thread necromancy!

It took me a while to dig up this thread... It didn't help that I didn't recall the title!

Amazon may no longer have this game, but ThinkGeek, that wonderful repository of geeky goodies, does!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  22:02:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I SO need this.

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  04:02:42  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found it on Amazon US; only one copy left.

http://www.amazon.com/USAopoly-None-Clue-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/B000YMP75C/ref=sr_1_15?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1370228525&sr=1-15&keywords=D%26D+Clue

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  04:12:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ThinkGeek says they'll have it back in stock in 1-3 weeks, for the $40 price tag.

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  18:36:52  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

ThinkGeek says they'll have it back in stock in 1-3 weeks, for the $40 price tag.

Eh, just thought I'd find it on Amazon for the sake of confirming whether or not it still was on Amazon.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  19:51:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair enough.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000