Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Final pre-4E issues of Dragon...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  22:30:58  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have the complete PDF of Dragon 360. That said, I'm hoping that there is a legal way to get single-file PDFs of the final pre-4th-edition issues (361,362,363) without subscribing to D&D Insider. If they still need content to be complete issues, how about stuff that was cut out of late 3.5 titles, like the pyramids under Ascore from Lost Empires of Faerun? (I've heard that was something that was cut, anyway.) I'm more than happy to pay a couple of bucks per issue, but a subscription to a service that is dedicated to a game system I'm not using is useless to me. Of course, having said that, maybe those last three issues are useless to me too, seeing as the content I saw online seemed heavily 4E-preview-oriented.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  00:07:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I have a one or two of those that I scanned onto my computer as big PDF files...

EDIT: Upon checking, no I am sorry, I don't have those. I was thinking the 350s, not the 360s.

-Those are the ones that WotC published online, right? Since they are all Adobe PDF files, all you need to do is save them, and then combine them in Adobe Acrobat Professional to make them all into a single file. And, there you go.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 10 Oct 2008 00:09:51
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  00:16:13  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh... yeah. I was just trying that earlier today... it seems that D&DI has now ended their free preview, or that was the impression I got earlier. I couldn't download any of the articles in question, at any rate.

Oh... and there's also the complication of not having Acrobat Pro.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 10 Oct 2008 00:16:59
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  00:27:20  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Try downloading them again tomorrow. The WotC site, today, has been all wonky.

-You can get some freeware out there, I believe, that lets you make PDFs. You'll probably be able to do the same thing with that/those.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  00:50:48  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks... I just finished downloading them now, and I have some of said software; already used it on a lot of other pre-4E stuff from wizards.com.

The last of the pre-4E issues are now mine, barring additional content being added... which will probably happen after D&DI goes paid-only... and I will survive without that content.

Although... having the cover art would be nice.

Edited by - Jakk on 10 Oct 2008 00:51:45
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  01:07:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Although... having the cover art would be nice.

-Transform a screenshot of it into a .PDF, and adjust the size, if need be!

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000