Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Monday Musings: An Introduction
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2008 :  18:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

As many of you know by now, I am firmly in the 3.5E camp along with Patrakis, PDK, and HawkinsDM. That said, Garen Thal put together a very well-thought-out and well-written piece about Angarradh, and I think that even those of us who have no real use for the 4E Realms will find it interesting and thought-provoking. I'm looking forward to seeing Garen's future installments; Garen, if you can make me less vitriolic about what's been done to my favorite place (as you seem to have done), I'm okay with that. I've had my rants and vented elsewhere, and while my position hasn't changed much, my expression of it has certainly found some wiggle room.
This is one of the grandest compliments I can hope for out of this project: that it has gotten folks with no interest in the 4E Realms to sit up, take notice, and maybe take a breath or two. I'm not looking to convert anyone to anything with the series, but if it mends some feelings over the changes and gets people talking a little more civilly than before, I will be thrilled beyond all belief.

Already plugging away at installment #3, so expect me to be on time for next week. ;)

'Til Next,
BC
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  16:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Third installment, The Orc Pantheon is up. Have fun!

Mod Edit: Fixed the link.

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Oct 2008 17:01:58
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  16:54:19  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I nearly forgot; the ever-popular Gods of Magic Musing is up. You can check it out here.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  17:41:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what's next?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  17:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So what's next?
Depending on how the week goes (I've got some design to do, and am expecting a bit of feedback on a writing proposal) I should have the Halfling piece ready for Monday, and possibly the Gnome one as well. They're a bit more light-hearted and have a more pleasant tone, particularly since I don't have to address the murder of any deities (I think...).
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  17:56:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:

So what's next?
Depending on how the week goes (I've got some design to do, and am expecting a bit of feedback on a writing proposal) I should have the Halfling piece ready for Monday, and possibly the Gnome one as well. They're a bit more light-hearted and have a more pleasant tone, particularly since I don't have to address the murder of any deities (I think...).

Apparently you haven't heard of the serialized murders of the gnome and halfling pantheons by one Garl 'Mad dog' Glittergold.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 28 Oct 2008 17:57:08
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  18:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

quote:

So what's next?

Apparently you haven't heard of the serialized murders of the gnome and halfling pantheons by one Garl 'Mad dog' Glittergold.
Ha!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  23:03:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So what's next?

Forget the Halflings. Bring on the love for the Forgotten Folk!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2008 :  14:18:33  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here, ladies and gentlemen, is Musing #5: Halfling Pantheon. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  18:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two weeks in a row? And on time! Holy crap.

Monday Musing: Gnome Pantheon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  23:22:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat. Gnome love.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  23:25:10  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Neat. Gnome love.
I don't know that those are exactly the words I'd use to characterize things, but yeah...
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2008 :  08:09:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Thanks for the hard work, or is it a labor of love?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll