Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Oil Painting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phluid
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  14:36:08  Show Profile  Visit phluid's Homepage Send phluid a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
You might be interested in this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170218482323

It is an original oil painting from the cover of Swords of Dragonfire.

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  16:45:26  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! That is simply amazing and way more than I can afford

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  17:37:40  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing, mate.

Plus, if I had that kind of money I'd prolly spend it on coming to GenCon... *or* commissioning a piece of art from Larry Elmore

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  03:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's a nice piece, and it's beyond our price ranges.

That said, it's actually pretty cheap compared to many other prices I've seen for original art over the years.

Steven
who wishes he still owned the original art for Empires of the Shining Sea, as he loved having that on his walls

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  07:45:12  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's wonderful but expensive !!!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  08:29:30  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
beautiful piece of art, but not in my budget range...

thanks for sharing this with us anyway and to any possible bidders from Candlekeep - good luck!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  14:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this was posted in another forum already, and I saw it there. Yes, it is probably too expensive for most people. If you have 2500+ dollars that are just sitting around and you can't think of anything else to use them on, though...this might be a great way to spend them.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  20:31:34  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
don't like it that much (the colors)

Edited by - Quale on 14 May 2008 21:53:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000