Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 About Stormlords
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Varda
Acolyte

Argentina
11 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  01:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Varda's Homepage Send Varda a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, i want some help. I'm a dungeon master of a Neverwinter Nights online Server, we have a persistant world based of Forgotten realms background. I need to advise a new player about the church of Talos, and the prestige class "Stormlord". I have diverse books of the setting, I have even looked for in the Internet and available material but i found just the basic information about the church and the prestige class. What i really looking for? I need information about how you can develop the roleplaying of a Stormlord. It is a challenge, for example i have a druid Stormlord (chaotic neutral) It is very difficult to develop to her history and personality, of course it is an exiting challenge to have a character like that. I don't want to give that player the same example of my character because she is a druid an his character is a cleric, and both of them has differents points of view of life and perspective. I looked in diverse forums of discussion but it was impossible to find something me that is not the technical aspects of the prestige class. I will apreciate your help.

pd: i don't know if this is the appropriate subforum to post this :p

Define the nature of the universe. Knowledge must be absolute or chaos will envelop all. The elemental forces of the universe must not be left to the caprices of the unknown

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  01:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main source on the clergies of the Faerūnian pantheon is Faiths & Avatars. Ask again after reading Talos's entry if you'd like to know anything else.

You'll find little anywhere on Talassan druids specifically because they're a brief 3E whim.
Go to Top of Page

Varda
Acolyte

Argentina
11 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  02:25:22  Show Profile  Visit Varda's Homepage Send Varda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

The main source on the clergies of the Faerūnian pantheon is Faiths & Avatars. Ask again after reading Talos's entry if you'd like to know anything else.

You'll find little anywhere on Talassan druids specifically because they're a brief 3E whim.

Thanks for your post.

I read it, i found this book more complete that Faiths & Phanteons, but i need roleplaying tips, non the stereotipycal way to develop a cleric roleplaying.

About druids i "borrowed" concepts from other RPG games, such as Mage the Ascension (the book about the Verbena and Euthanatos are very useful). Brief or not, it is very exciting to develop a character who believes that does not exist the balance in the nature, but everything tends to the chaos.

Define the nature of the universe. Knowledge must be absolute or chaos will envelop all. The elemental forces of the universe must not be left to the caprices of the unknown
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  02:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What kind of difficulty are you having? Understanding the Talassan mindset, what kind of people would be drawn to it, how one might act in specific situations? I'm finding your request too general to easily answer.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  08:04:18  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Helpful in the sence as I understand your question might also be reading any novels of the Priest of the Realms series. I have not done so myself unfortunatlly. However, I have read other series books (Thieves, Fighters) and they portrayed the classes in different. I strongly believe the Priest-novels might give you an impression on the mindset of priests in general and the relationship to their gods.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Varda
Acolyte

Argentina
11 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  08:56:29  Show Profile  Visit Varda's Homepage Send Varda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Ergdusch, i'll try to find those books and read it, i sure it will improve my perspective about priests in Forgotten Realms.

As you said Faraer, one question would be what kind of people follows a deity such like Talos? I find the problem difficult to me because i have to recognize that i don't like to play priest, in fact never I played with one. Thanks for the help ^^

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  15:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Varda

As you said Faraer, one question would be what kind of people follows a deity such like Talos?

All kinds of people will pray to Talos in order to appease him.

However a priest of Talos is going to be someone who agrees with his dogma and (most likely) enjoys the power that being his mortal vessel would bring.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000