Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fantasy Art
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  04:20:25  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh ya sorry i didnt give u enough detail there cuz iw as reading ur other posts.hehe...but uh the dragon should have some armour around the head and the torso and da wings.the knight id say should have a long spear with a major enchantment and some ruins if thats k.armour deatils a face concealing helm with small spines out lining the brows the full plate should have a dragon on it if not a symbol of soem sorta god my personal favorite talos(not really but wtf lol)and thats about all the detail i can think of at this moment.off topic but ill be in a hotel pretty soon because of water damage since december remember those heavy rainfalls?itll be at the best western i might be closer to u or farther..do which ever drawing first the t'kel or the PDK ur pick.

Two little goblins,out in the sun.Down came a griffin,and then there was one.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  06:59:55  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Fhaorn,

For a player in my campaign, if you please!

Character Name: Alexi Moon

Appearance:

Alexi, is tall and lean figure. His hair is short, and spiked, his hair is reddish, with blond streaks giving the appearance of flame, and his eyes an intense hazel bordering on gold. He sports a beard and mustache that are angular and tidily groomed. When armed for battle he appears in a crisp white patten leather armor, the armor has red, rose, and gold piping and accents, and the Morninglord's emblem upon his heart. This is in fact a magical appearance, while Alexi in fact owns, and carries with him a non-magical set of leather armor which does look like this, his actual battle armor has been glamored. When not glamored his armor is made of glass steel that as been augmented with rose, orange and red pigments to appear as translucent stained glass fire. It also bears Lathander's mark over Alexi's heart, upon his pauldrons, and his bracers. Slung over his shoulder is a bandoleer made of match white patten leather, with red piping, and about his waist is slung a matching potion belt, from which hangs Dawnstar. From his back hangs his shield, a brilliant ruby tinted glassteel shield, and a scroll case and instrument case which match his armor. All of his equipment is kept in the best of repair, and fastidiously tidy. Alexi cuts a stern and imposing figure, and his intensity and ferocity are palpable, but likewise he brings that same intensity to his performance and jovialness, and his smile melts the hearts of maidens and queens.

In combat, Alexi often rides astride his steed Daybreak. Daybreak, is a magical Stone Horse carved from ancient stone with veins of rose quartz running through out. He is carved in the shape of a Cormyrian Destrier. When empowered by the command word the veins of rose quartz illuminate with fierce red light.

I will try to get on it PDK, though I'm trying to organize an Ogre horde in Amn, studying for a test, building a deck in my backyard, and still on Davoit's And do not misconstrue my intentions of telling you this ; I love getting requests from you all ; I'm just giving you the gist of how busy I am. But, as long as you dont mind the wait, I think this will be a fun looking portrait -Also a great looking character to play!- and will try to please you as much as I did with Rondell.

To everyone else: I hope to get as much as three pieces done on friday, and possibly some on saturday -I'm also starting out running my campaign in Amn that day- I just hope you dont all have new characters by the time I'm done

Highest Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Wander ye all to my humble gallery of art of the Realms, Ye'll find it right next to the Sly Wink Alehouse in Sumberton. Or at this page: http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  07:10:39  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Altai la Ibn-Ahad

oh ya sorry i didnt give u enough detail there cuz iw as reading ur other posts.hehe...but uh the dragon should have some armour around the head and the torso and da wings.the knight id say should have a long spear with a major enchantment and some ruins if thats k.armour deatils a face concealing helm with small spines out lining the brows the full plate should have a dragon on it if not a symbol of soem sorta god my personal favorite talos(not really but wtf lol)and thats about all the detail i can think of at this moment.off topic but ill be in a hotel pretty soon because of water damage since december remember those heavy rainfalls?itll be at the best western i might be closer to u or farther..do which ever drawing first the t'kel or the PDK ur pick.

I have no problems with drawing this ; but FYI, theres a couple oddities with the request. For one, Bane is quite the god to be taken on by a mere mortal -I would probably get attacked by cults for assuming that he could even be accessed by a simple PDK - Also, I would suggest you make this man a cleric of Talos, since PDK's are the knights in shining armor protecting Cormyr, where as Talos is a god of destruction and supports brigands and pirates.
Just suggestions ; But Faerun is a world of high magic and powerful deities, where anything can happen

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Wander ye all to my humble gallery of art of the Realms, Ye'll find it right next to the Sly Wink Alehouse in Sumberton. Or at this page: http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  14:40:05  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another request from another player: (and yes, please take as much time as you want... there's no hurry or "must have' dates for any of this; feel completely free to ignore my requests too! )

Barazunda Widecrag stands 4'6" at 183 lbs.

Being a gold dwarf, Barazunda's complexion is dark and his hair is light. His silver tresses are drawn into a tight, braided ponytail at the crown of his scalp, and his beard has been trimmed to a sharp but long Fu Manchu. His gaze is steely with his pupils blending into the black irises around them, and his expression is stern and unwavering.

His dwarven full plate is polished chrome and his crimson breastplate is embossed with chromed, crossed axes - both the holy symbol of Clangeddin and the crest of Clan Widecrag. His boots and gauntlets are cut from a flat black leather, and his triangular cape of black earth smells of the rich, loamy soil that falls in clumps and trails behind him. Oathblade (katana) and Youngblade (wakizashi) are borne in an x-shaped dual scabbard on his lower back.

Around his neck, he wears a chromed pair of crossed axes on a stout chain and on his head is a platinum Warcrown of Clangeddin (the crossed axes in a mosaic of rubies).

His natural state shows patches of pale, sickly skin in sharp contrast to his otherwise dark tone, and bald patches where clumps of hair have fallen away. His forehead and upper chest display inverted triangles of black dragon scales, but given that he has been polymorphed back into his original, unblemished appearance, none of this is detectable.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  23:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I would never disregard a request, though it may seem that way with how long I take. You have made yet another interesting character. What is he? A cleric, warpriest, divine champion? I once made a shield dwarf that worshipped Clangeddin. I took the prestige class "Battleguard of Tempus" and altered it to make it a "Battleguard of Clangeddin" . Gorm Gulthyn is my favorite Dwarven god (and it's fun being a cleric of old Fire Eyes, fending off Drow in the underdark). So I have a couple questions on this character: Are the cross sheaths he carries baldrics? Is this- "His natural state shows patches of pale, sickly skin in sharp contrast to his otherwise dark tone, and bald patches where clumps of hair have fallen away. His forehead and upper chest display inverted triangles of black dragon scales" -how you want him to look, or just an intriguing fact about the character? And a personal question: Where is he from? I had my gold dwarf living as a shrine keeper by the Riftlake. I like the Great Rift, and also played a strongheart halfling in the nearby city of Kholtar. I will try to finish the others and do this drawing for you as soon as time allows. Fare ye well.

Always a pleasure,
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  03:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahaha well i ciould only think of Talos cuz hes the main god of oblivion and i forgot most of those toher ones well u could also pik a god that is the equivalent of Heronius could u not?I would think this is possible for someone of ur cappibilitys.But may i say something completely disregarding this subject there is a change of moving plans on my half.i would be moving out to abby for atleast a month but i made my mother mad by sayign id rather stay with my dad and his "wife".either way i could be closer yet to school and to u and ur brother.

Best regards

Altair Ibn la-Ahad

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  05:56:07  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fully understand your dilemma. I, and these other wonderful sages and scribes im sure, will try our best to immerse you into the world of Toril and it's lore. A good idea would be to get a Player's Guide to Faerun, and check Black Bond Books at the junction or a Chapters for some literature. Do you know where Warcraft Games is? If not, PM me. As for your god conversion, I would recommend Torm or Tyr as substitutes for Heironeous.

Now, the links!
This one will give you the rough info on my Amnian campaign: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Amn
Here is a list of Faerunian gods: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities

I hope these help for now. I will look for some more sites that I previously found usefull.

Tymora bless you with your quest for lore.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  18:44:31  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fhaorn quessir

His forehead and upper chest display inverted triangles of black dragon scales" -how you want him to look, or just an intriguing fact about the character? And a personal question: Where is he from? I had my gold dwarf living as a shrine keeper by the Riftlake. I like the Great Rift, and also played a strongheart halfling in the nearby city of Kholtar. I will try to finish the others and do this drawing for you as soon as time allows. Fare ye well.

Always a pleasure,
Fhaorn'quessir

Ask and ye shall receive: the full Barazunda story!
-----------------------------

Oathblade is ancient dwarven weapon over 6000 years old. Originally part of a pair, the wakizasi was destroyed and lost on a mission to one of the lower planes 1200 years ago. In a complex ceremony involving master craftsmen and powerful magic, Oathblade transferred part of its essence into a masterwork wakizashi (built to exacting specifications).

This blade became known as Youngblade. The influx of great magic saturated the sword, and still ripples through it. This manifests itself as the morphic weapon ability.

The process bore a heavy toll upon Oathblade, and the several points of intelligence it destroyed manifest in the bright glow beaming forth from Youngblade.

Oathblade no longer has the power to be considered an artifact, but the new matched set is quite deadly in its own right. If possible, Oathblade will try to gain further enchantment to regain its former strength, and to instil a similar power to Youngblade.

When the original Oathblade set was crafted, the Widecrag clan was selected by a council of elder dwarves (the Deep Lords) for the great honour and grave burden of following the Daisho with them. The Widecrag clan swore a great oath to serve the kingdom with honour, valour and fearlessness, and to serve so that other clans could enjoy freedom and prosperity. Over the centuries, the Widecrag clan drew back from public life and served to produce generations of crack soldiers (samurais). The clan had sacrificed much for the good of the Kingdom, and the Widecrag life was one of training, service and vigilance.

Widecrags report directly to Queen Karriva of Simmerforge Clan in the Great Rift, and have been sent out far and wide across Faerun on missions (often secret) crucial to the Kingdom. Each member of the clan, by necessity, must work alone but the clan ties remain strong and a collective action could be assembled in extreme circumstances. The Oathblades are carried by the current greatest champion. When he falls, the blades will teleport back to the clan dojo where in a grand ceremony the blades will be bonded to next champion’s Daisho.

Discretion is used. Often, the Deep Realm’s involvement cannot be open or obvious, so Widecrags are not always open about their liege. They prefer to use the term “the Master”, and although the Bushido prohibits dishonesty, the Widecrags will be vague on the matter wherever possible. Most follow Clangeddin, and most are blatant in their demonstration of faith. Often, people assume that the Master refers to the War God and the Widecrag clan makes no effort to correct that assumption.

Barazunda’s youth was the same as all others in his clan. As was customary, his first 30 years were very light. The theory was that the “stone needed to settle”, and the children were too young to retain their lessons. Upon reaching 30, he entered the Widecrag 50 year training program before embarking into the field.

Barazunda’s training brought great sacrifice through hours of physical exertion in the dojo, and hours of study the classroom. Although he became well versed in etiquette and proper conduct, he excelled by far in the dojo. He gained his ranks quickly, and before long he was conducting some of the training himself by leading younger students through their exercises. This dojo is located in Eartheart to be near enough to the surface to make the launching of missions easy. Specifically, inside the Temple of Morndinsamman – the focal point of Eartheart containing temples to all dwarven gods – and deep beneath the southwestern corner of the temple of Clangeddin. The defence of Deep Realm has taken on aspects of sacred duty, and thus the temple is the proper location for the Widecrag dojo.

Eventually, Barazunda had proven his mettle to the point that he was selected to be the next Sword Bearer and when the current Bearer fell, the blades came to him.

As the ceremony bonded the Daisho between Oathblade and Barazunda, it became clear to him that this was no ordinary sword. It was a sword that liked to cut evil things, and would tell him so. They share a common goal, and Oathblade is as much an ally as a weapon on their shared quest.

In the 22 years that Barazunda has been the Sword Bearer, he has served on countless missions usually by sword, but often by diplomacy as well. He has learned that the greatest warrior is the one who understands that he does not need to fight. The blades stay sheathed until the very last second, when they blaze forth in a savage frenzy. Sometimes however, the entire thing can be resolved with the right expression – verbal or facial.

Barazunda’s platemail is polished chrome with a bright red breastplate embossed with chromed and embossed crossed axes – Clangeddin’s holy symbol and the Widecrag clan symbol are interchangeable. His boots and gauntlets are flat black leather, and his cape is as red as the breastplate. Oathblade and Youngblade are worn in an x-shaped dual scabbard on his lower back. His hair is pulled into a tight braid, and his beard has been trimmed to a sharp Fu Manchu. Around his neck hangs a chromed pair of crossed axes on a long, but stout chain.

The Widecrag Bushido code is as follows, in order of priority:

1) Loyalty to Queen Karriva.
2) Loyalty to Clangeddin.
3) Loyalty to Deep Realm.
4) Respect for Oathblade.
5) Respect for fallen ancestors.
6) Respect for opponents in battle, with full honours granted to those who fall.
7) Death before dishonour or cowardice, and maintain proper manners and strong humility at all times.
8) Promote diplomacy over battle and fight only when necessary.

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2008 :  03:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A very well built character. My players arent bad, but I long for the day they start making actual complex storylines for thier characters like you have here. It would make it much easier to fit them into my campaigns and know why they are there if I had PC's like this to work with. Kudos.

Fhaorn

Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2008 :  05:01:51  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok about the gods i guess sune would work ok right??

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2008 :  05:06:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Altai la Ibn-Ahad

ok about the gods i guess sune would work ok right??

Fighting off the Goddess of Love?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2008 :  05:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who would do that? I mean seriously...? "I submit, I submit, oh all the heavens, how I submit!"

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2008 :  04:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol nah the goddess of love would be the goddess of the pdk im trying to get him to draw

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  04:33:32  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am finally finished Daviot's character, Gale Evenwood. If anyone has critique, it is always welcome. Feel free to tell me if I left anything out Daviot. Hope you enjoy it!
Zoom in by clicking on the image, then copy and paste it to wordpad.:)
http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/art/Gale-Evenwood-79316511

Ill try to fit in Alisttair's soon, then three more. Im open for more requests, though it will take a while to get down the list. So far though, all your patience has been top notch.

Regards,
Fhaorn

Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2008 :  01:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey nice work there..(though not being a b****h it wasn't like ur others with all the details)

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2008 :  06:01:12  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It actually has the stock ammount of detail I put into my art. I think you are getting mixed up due to the fact that I chose not to draw this character in a dark area -which would mean less shadowing-. Thank you for your opinion anyway.

Fhaorn

Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2008 :  05:09:26  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Much appreciated, Fhaorn.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2008 :  20:59:53  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anytime. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000