Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Sagely Avatars Wanted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  06:01:32  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In another topic, Mournblade posted this message:

quote:

Ok my friends...

Sage and Bookwyrm you talk privately with each other often. Now I do not have a problem with this, but from my corner of the library where I am reading up on the strategies of mounted warfare, I see the two of you talking, and it is very difficult to distinguish WHO IS WHO. You both wear the SAME cloak, Have the Same Beard, and a similar Nose. Since you are always whispering it is difficult to distinguish the two of you apart Can ONE of you change your cloak perhaps?

I have to say that with our shapechange spells so alike, it is sometimes confusing even for me. However, there are a limited number of such spells allowed in these walls, and this is the only sagely one available. Right now, anyway.

So, I'd like to put out a request for help. If anyone has an avatar pic from someplace (most of these are all from book covers) could you let us know? I'll look as well. Sage, I hope you will too. Someone should be able to find something that one of us likes.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  12:19:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm, I agree with your suggestions completely.

I chose this avatar simply because it resembled the idea of how I pictured the Sage of Perth, it never occured to me that it would cause identity problems later on. Also I understand the difficulties this choice may have caused for others, especially Mournblade , and once again I sincerly apologise for any inconveniences this decision may have caused.

I am now currently seeking out a few different designs for my avatar, and I would also appreciate any help others may have to solve this little 'identity crisis'.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  23:15:40  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I agree it takes the candlekeep seamstress a while to make cloaks, mostly because she has to dye the wool.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000